Chapter Eighteen

Even when the Sun Rises

I was so afraid of being caught by Mr. Francisco or even my father who still had no idea about me and Rain that I was acting schitzo around Rain.

“You ok?” He asked me, I shook my head.

“I’m just kind of worried… Relationships with the guests aren’t exactly allowed.”

“I see,” Rain didn’t seem bothered when I said this which just made me worry even more. We got to my suite without being seen by anyone who might have been interested in it.

“Are you alright to go in by yourself?” He asked as I fumbled with the key. I nodded as I unlocked the door.

“Yes I should let you go…” He was staring at me intensely. I could sense all my blood rush into my face.

“Is there something wrong?” He asked. I blinked.

“Ah um…” I looked down to the right, “t-thank you for the help.” He took a step towards me. I lifted my head; the space between the two of us was more than I was use to. His eyes were glistening. I could sense my heart beating fast. He started to lean in, I knew immediately what he wanted and I closed my eyes.

No… This is too risky! My thoughts yelled at me making me blink my eyes open. Rain stopped and opened his eyes moving back to stand upright.

“I’m sorry,” I said in a soft voice, “it’s not that I wasn’t ready but…. It’s not safe. What if we are seen?” He nodded his head gently.

“I understand,” he said smiling with his mouth closed. He pushed some hair off my face.

Uh oh, the next thing I knew he was removing the ice pack from my nose, holding it in his hand. I blinked as he came intimately close again. I had to stop him; I forced my eyes open while he closed his. I winced, expecting him to not stop. He aimed for my nose and gently pressed his lips against it. I blinked hard as he moved back opening his eyes. I felt my nose starting to hurt from the sudden slight pressure.

“Was that ok?” I nodded, though my nose was sore.

“Yes,” he smiled and patted me on the head.

“You get some sleep, see you in the morning?” I nodded.

“Sure,” he smiled again.

“Goodnight,” he said as he handed me the ice before leaving. My heart was beating hard as I went into the suite. Gee he could do such strange things to me.

***

I was woken by the phone ringing, I frowned at the clock. It can’t be eight! I’m supposed to be serving Rain at this time!
 

“Morning Slots,” it was one of the secretaries at the main lobby.

“Hey, what’s going on?” I asked sitting up and stretching.

“You are needed by the pool at ten am.” I frowned though she wouldn’t have seen it.

“What? How come my transmitter didn’t go off? And I’m working at the pool? I’m currently waiting on one of our guests!”

“Oh yes this morning we were meant to inform you that you’ve been dismissed as Mr. Jung’s waitress.” I was shocked.

What?

“Huh? I was dismissed as his waitress? But…” I tried to keep my emotions under control however I still sounded immature and hurt, “why was I dismissed?”

“Mr. Jung didn’t give a reason,” she continued, “he told me that it was a hard decision and that he would like to apologize to you personally if he has the chance.”

Has the chance? Yeah right.

“Ok, thank you,” I said weakly.

“Thanks for understanding,” she was oblivious to how I was feeling! “Good bye,” I hung up and swung my legs out of the bed. A spot of the carpet went a darker color and I realized that I was crying.

Rain…. Why did you do this? What was your reason?

***

I stopped by the bar in the main dining hall ten minutes before my shift to speak to Tony. He would know what to make of it.

“Morning Slots,” he said glancing at me for a second before going back to drying his glasses.

“Morning,” I said simply, sitting at the bar. He stopped and then peered at me in concern.

“Is something bothering you?” He asked.

“What makes you….?”

“Well your eyes are red that’s one reason,” I quickly wiped them.

“Ah I thought I had stopped crying….” I trailed off. He raised his eyebrows at me.

“Is it him?”

“What?” I knew what he meant.

“Oh umm… Sort of but not really,” I sighed, “he dismissed me as his waitress.” He nodded.

“Ah ok, interesting.” I tipped my head at him.

“Why is that?”

“Well you had to be with him a lot didn’t you?” I nodded.

“It makes me think that there’s a reason he did it.”

“But he didn’t give a reason.”

“I think he is afraid,” Tony his chin, “yes he is afraid because he likes you a lot.”

“Afraid of liking me heaps?” Tony nodded.

“You know how relationships aren’t allowed usually? Well I think by cutting you lose Rain is hoping to continue how things with him and you.” I thought about it.

“Hmm you could be right,” I said, feeling better.

“Thanks,” I told him getting off my chair, “I’d best be off.” Tony saluted me.

“All the best,” he told me and I saluted back before leaving.