Chapter Sixteen

Even when the Sun Rises

For the next week before Rain’s performance I didn’t get to serve him as much which I didn’t really mind seeing as when I did see him it was as if no one else was in the room. I admit I did like the attention at times, but I felt greedy as well.

On the Friday night before the performance I got to see his polished choreography with the dancers. He told me he had created it all himself and I was amazed at how seriously he took this task.

I clapped with the rest of the staff who was watching too.

“Bravo,” Mr. Francisco told him walking over, “you are a true professional Rain.” We watched as Mr. Francisco pulled him aside for a private word. I saw the dancer’s stare at me, they seemed interested in me. Maybe it was because I was in my work uniform.

“Would you all like drinks?” I asked walking over to the bar and pouring some water into glasses. I walked it over to them; they thanked me and took their glass happily while talking about stuff I was not involved in.

“Hello,” I stopped as Rain walked towards me, despite having worked out he was smiling happily away.

“Hey, you did great out there,” I told him “you really connected with the songs and the music.”

“Thank you,” he made his eyes smaller from his smile. How I wanted to melt!

“You want to go for a walk?” He asked quickly afterwards. I glanced around at the other staff that was busy.

“But don’t you have more practice?” Rain shook his head.

“That is final practice for today; I have the evening free now.”

“Ok, cool,” I thought for a moment, “I think I might know a place.”

***

Do I even have to say we went up onto the roof?

“You cold?” He caught me rubbing my arms. I shook my head.

“No I’m fine.” He came behind me and before I could protest his arms went around my waist making me squeal.

“Ah Rain!” I exclaimed annoyed and flustered as he hugged me from behind. I felt him rubbing his chin against my head.

“Is Sam better?” From how warm I had now become I could say it worked.

“Yes thank you,” I lifted my hands so I could touch his arms. I was surprised he wasn’t cold; he was dressed in less than I was a singlet and black baggy pants.

“You make me warm,” he said happily. It was as if his childlike side was emerging. I would have to get use to this.

“I’m glad,” I said smiling and breathing out. We stared at the sky, it was dark and the moon was out again. I heard Rain give a laugh.

“What’s funny?” I asked tilting my head to see his face.

“It’s pretty isn’t it?” He removed a hand to point at the moon. I nodded.

“Mmm, it is indeed.” I was staring at him again, the blood in my face warming up. He paused his staring to look at me again. He tilted his head in confusion; I decided to focus on what was ahead of me feeling weird.

Is this…. Love? Or am I rushing into the idea?

“Sam… Are you ok?” I looked up at him again, moving too fast this time. I ended up banging my head against his chin. I heard him wince.

“I’m sorry,” I released our embrace to check him over; “oh I am so sorry.” He rubbed his chin.

“It’s not broken,” he told me, “yet,” he joked at the end. I raised my eyebrows at him mockingly, clenching a fist and slowly aiming for his chin. He was too quick. In lightning fast movement he took my fist and pulled me towards him again, I bumped against his chest.

“Rain what are you doing…?”

“I like how you’re kind,” he said, pushing hair away from my face, “it is a good thing to be kind.” I laughed nervously not sure what to do.

“Rain, sorry JiHoon, I think it’s a bit early to well…. You know umm…. Kiss?” He nodded.

“I know, but I want to… Soon,” he told me. I found it amazing how badly he seemed to fight that urge. Usually guys just skip to the final base, well with the other employees anyway…

“You will,” I said taking a step back, “but you know how I’m not allowed to date our guests.”

“Then should I marry you?” He asked, I laughed.

“A bit too early to be even asking me for my hand”, I laughed but then saw he was seriously considering it. He seemed hurt by my reaction.

“Oh… Rain I’m sorry I…” He cut me off by shaking his head.

“It was just a thought,” he said, “I can wait for kiss.” I bit my lip.

“Thank you, for understanding.”

“I don’t want things to be bad,” he said, “with us again.” I nodded.

“Same here,” I said to him.

(a proposal??!! XD hate to have to burst the bubble but I don't think they will get married just yet oh yeah another Rain spam what a brillian fanart this is)