Scholarship

Finding hope
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(Jae Mi POV)

"Halmeonim, I am leaving! The car's here." you shouted hearing a car stopping infront of the house. You picked up your bags and went to place them by the doorstep.

You went to the kitchen where your halmeonim was sitting there with a box in her hands. Her eyes were bloodshot and she had a weak smile on her face. Seeing her eyes made you feel that you want to cry also. Tears of saddness trailed down your cheeks. She pulled you into a hug.

"Jae Mi-ah, remember to call home once in a while. Remember to eat properly, if you wanna talk to someone, remember halmeoni is here. " she whispered softly, letting go of you.

"Halmeoni, I will miss you.. Saranghae." you murmured, leaving the house. You gave a short wave as the car begun moving. Your halmeonim's figure became smaller and smaller until it was out of sight and you looked down to the box that you held.

It was an old wooden box with gothic engraving and words carved onto it. You opened it and in it was a beautiful necklace that you never seen before. It was a sapphire and it was a deep blue one, one that surely had costed a lot of money. Inside the sapphire was a word, 'hope'. You wore the necklace, feeling that it brought a sense of comfort to you.

You looked out the window to see that you had reach the academy. The huge gates loomed over you as you got out of the car. You could still remember the day you received the letter that changed your life.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter