Taking Care of You

The Confusions of Love

Eunhyuk's POV:

I awoke to the steady heaving of Donghae's chest, his strong arms wrapped protectively around me, hugging me tightly to him. I shifted my head to look at him, and was surprised to find him already awake.

"Good morning my angel. Did you sleep well?" he asked, giving me a quick squeeze. My heart fluttered. His angel. I smiled.

"Neh," I said. All of a sudden, I felt something in my throat and a fit of coughing came over me.

"Eunhyuk! Are you okay?" he asked, jolting up, eyes and voice full of concern.

I felt bad for all I had put him through, for all the worry I had caused him.

"I'm fine! *cough* I just had something stuck in my throat," I reassured him.

"Oh okay," he said, but he still looked worried. He put his warm hand on my forehead. "You're fever is almost gone. Are you feeling better?"

"I feel great. Especially since you're here," I said, knowing how cheesy it sounded, but it was the truth. I felt safer with him. I now knew he would protect me from anything. I now knew how much he loved me.

He smiled, and stiffled a yawn. I looked at his eyes more closely, and they had dark bags under them.

"How much sleep did you get last night?" I asked.

"Not much."

"You didn't get ANY, did you?"

"....No. But it's ok, it was nice to be here for you. You are so beautiful when you sleep."

I blushed. He yawned again, this time not trying to hide his exhaustion.

"Donghae-ah, go to sleep. You watched over me last night, now it's my turn to watch over you."

"But-"

"No arguing with me Hae," I said firmly. He looked at me for a minute. Then he sighed.

"Fine. But wake me up if you need anything. Anything. Got it?"

"Deal. Now go to sleep."

He rolled his eyes, and we shifted to trade positions. Now I was the one holding him, with his head pressed against my chest. He was barely settled in and he was already snoring lightly. I smiled.

Donghae really looked like a puppy when he slept. Mouth slightly open, eyelids completely relaxed. His cheeks puffed out adorably when he exhaled, and his nose twitched every so often. He woke up a few hours later.

"Better?" I asked.

"Much. Gomawo~" he gently broke out of my embrace to stretch.

I had the overwhelming urge to use the bathroom.

"Donghae-ah, I'll be right back," I said, standing up. I suddenly became extremely light-headed and dizzy. I saw the floor heading towards me at an alarming rate, but my arms wouldn't move to catch myself.

A pair of strong arms grabbed me right before I hit the ground, and pulled me into his lap.

Donghae's POV:

"Hyuk!" I shouted as I pulled the swaying boy into my lap, startled. He sat there for a while, and then turned to face me.

"I'm okay," he said. "I just got really light-headed for a second there."

"Yah! Stop scaring me like that!"

"Mianhae! I'm sorry Donghae!" he said, standing up again and swaying slightly.

"Here, let me help you," I said, pulling his arm over my shoulder and wrapping my own around his thin waist.

"Thank you."

I waited outside the door, and then led him to one of the chairs in the living room.

"Breakfast coming up!" I headed for the kitchen. There was a note on the refrigorator.

"At practice. Be back later. Take good care of Hyuk. ~Leeteuk"

There was something writen on the back.

"PS. STAY AWAY FROM MY LAPTOP!! ~Kyuhyun :)"

I smiled and showed the note to Hyuk. He laughed when he saw the emocon in Kyu's signature.

I made breakfast and brought it over on a tray to Eunhyuk. As he ate, I looked him over.

His brown hair was all messed up and spiky from sleep, causing him to resemble a hedgehog. He had a bit more color in his cheeks, and his black eye was already beginning to fade. My black sweatshirt hung loosely from his shoulder, exposing his collar bone and making him look far too skiny.

He noticed me staring.

"What?'

"You.. you just look too skiny. I need to fatten you up," I said, being truthful.

He laughed. "So I've been told. I am actually a very healthy weight," he said, sounding proud. I laughed back.

After we finished eating, I pulled him over to sit next to me on the couch. He burrowed into my side as we watched TV.

Everything was almost back to normal, and I couldn't be more grateful.

 

 

----------

(A/N): I'm sorry if you guys are getting bored with this! I'm trying to come up with a good way to end it. Thank you so much for all of your comments, subscriptions, and upvotes! I love you all!!

Did anyone catch the whole hedgehog thing? Haha cuz in Panda & Hedgehog, DONGHAE was the hedgehog, and now he's calling Hyuk the hedgehog? Anyone? No? Ok, well I tried. :)

THANK YOU!! SARANGHAE!! Please comment!! SPREADING THE LUV~ LOL