Chapter 7

The Unwilling Bride

“... You think you can play with love that easily?  You’re wrong. Very wrong. Because love’s a ..."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

“Hey man” He sat beside his friend. They’re in the VIP section of the club courtesy of him. He’s the owner technically.

 

“Hey.”

 

“What’s up? When was the last time I ever see you again?”

 

“Technically it’s been two years.”

 

“Right. TWO. YEARS. So what brought you here this time?”

 

“Nothing much. Just bored.”

 

“Oh! The great Choi Seunghyun Is bored! I should go entertain him.”

 

“Cut the crap Youngbae!”

 

 His friend just laughed. “Aish. So much for being friends. So what really brought you here? I thought you’re in Europe managing your business. Your business is your life so why would you leave- Oh wait! You’re chasing the princess AGAIN! Hahaha! Don’t you think it’s long overdue for your cat and dog relationship?”

 

“Shut up.” He drank his alcohol and glared at him.

 

“Chill man! Tsk. Oh! Didn’t you know that the princess is now an idol?! Oh man! She’s beautiful really. Fame suits her.”

 

“She was there because I permitted her.” He said casually.

 

“Owww! Am I missing something here?! Did you two finally make up already?” Youngbae glanced at his friend.

 

 “We’re getting married in less than two months.” He briefly stated.

 

“ What?! So she agreed already? It’s a miracle!” Youngbae teased.

 

“I don’t need her consent.”

 

“Tsk. I don’t know why you’re so persistent on getting married with her. I mean, you could get girls in a snap! No sweat! They could even line in front of you and yet here you are, chasing after a stubborn princess.”

 

“There’s nothing to explain. I just want her.” He said in a dead tone. Youngbae observed him carefully when the thought hit him hard.

 

“Ok now I get it. I really get it. It’s not a ‘want’. It’s a freaking ‘need’. You need her money, right?”

 

He didn’t say anything and just sat silently, circling his finger in the mouth of his glass.

 

“She’s a freaking investment for you - matter of profit and loss. You want- no needed her for your business dealings. She’s like a missing piece in a puzzle you badly wanted to finish.” He said matter-of-factly

 

“So? If that’s true, what’s the big deal?” He answered with boredom.

 

“What’s the big deal?! Come on, Seunghyun! You’re playing with her! Oh wait, no! You’re ruining her life!”

 

“You think so? Well for me, we’ll both benefit from this arrangement.”

 

“Both benefit from the arrangement?! Are you kidding me? You’re only thinking of yourself! Don’t you know that girls always wanted a fairytale kind of lovestory?” He shouted at his friend. He needed to do that for him to clear his mind.

 

“Too bad she won’t be getting that. Besides, I’ll make her fall for me so that she would somehow be happy. It’ll settle everything”

 

“F-fall for you?! After using her, you want her to fall for you? Do you think all will be settled because of that? Goodness Seunghyun! You’re a beast! I’m ashamed of you.” He shouted at him.

 

“Don’t you watch movies, Bae?” He said to his friend. He looked at him and said. “It’s always like that. Love conquers all. She’ll forgive easily if she loves me. As simple as that.”

 

“You’re- ARGGGGGH! I don’t know what to call you! Well, here’s some bad news for you. She’s smart enough not to fall for you.” He counterattacked.

 

“You think so? Huh. Trust me, Bae. Women are always fragile when it comes to emotion. They’re very emotional and easily controlled by what they call love. And she’s not an exception to that. She’ll fall for me immediately. That’s what always happens. Give them a little care, they’ll fall for you. Give them a little thought, they’ll fall for you. Give them a little something expensive, they’ll fall for you.”

 

“But this time, I don’t think so. You think you can play with love, Seunghyun?”

 

“If it’s exciting enough, then why the hell not?”

 

“Here’s a thought to ponder my dear friend. You think you can play with love that easily?  You’re wrong. Very wrong. Because love’s a . It’s always been a . It will hit you when you least expect it. You will lose in the end, trust me. You’ll lose everything.”

 

“If it’s from the great love guru Dong Youngbae, then I better listen, right?” He mocked him.

 

“You don’t know what you’re doing. Money isn’t everything.” He said seriously.

 

“It is. For me.”  He matched his glare with his.

 

“You’re wrong. Dead wrong. She’ll make you see that.”

 

“Too bad I don’t wanna see. So, if you’re kind enough not to bother me, then you can leave. I have some thinking to do, ALONE.”

 

“You’ll realize I’m right when it hit you. Remember what I said, Seunghyun. Remember every word of it. Goodbye, my friend. He said the last words with mockery. He looked at his friend once again then left.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

She arrived at his house earlier than expected. Their trainer dismissed them early so she pretty has much time to laze around. She just got freshened up in his bathroom. Donned with her pajamas,  she decided to go to the living room. She suddenly craved for something to watch since it is only 10:00 in the evening.

 

*If only Bommie was here, I won’t get bored in this hour.* She thought.

 

She decided she’d go for some romantic comedy. She made some popcorn and settled in the living room. His television is high-tech so she knows she’ll be enjoying the movie. She happily sat while munching. The movie was hilarious. She just kept on laughing and laughing.

 

“Aigoo! HAHAHAHA!!! Look at that! KYAAA!!! That’s it!” Her reaction’s normal for her but for someone who is watching her intently, it’s far from amusing.

 

“So you laugh and laze around and didn’t even care if you’ll dirty my carpet?” Seunghyun approached her in the living room. He’s just arrived and seeing his living room’s state made his mood go bad.

 

“I’ll clean it up later” She turned back to watching the movie. “ HAHAHAHA! What the hell?! HAHAHA” She kept on laughing.

 

He went to his tv and switched it off.

 

“YAH!!!!” She shouted.

 

“Clean it now. I don’t want a messy environment.” He said then got the cd from the component. “I’ll take it with me. Who knows you’ll be watching it again after I leave.”

 

“Don’t you have any respect? I said I’ll clean it later! What is wrong with you?!”

 

“I want it now.” He said plainly.

 

“Now?! Fine! Fine! You’re the boss!” She angrily said.

 

“Good. Now, I want it all cleaned up once I’m done in the shower. Did you eat already?”

 

She didn’t answer him. She let her composure intact. She doesn’t want to anger herself again.

 

“I ate already so if you’re hungry then it’s not my problem anymore.” He said then went to his room.

 

Minutes had passed. She finished cleaning. He finished showering.

 

“Done?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“Good. Let’s sleep.”

 

“Hand me the key to the spare room.” She ordered.

 

“Why would I?”

 

“It’s obvious, duh! I’m sleeping there.”

 

“Oh no you’re not.”

 

“W-what? You expect me to sleep in the couch?! I’m tired! I can’t possibly sleep in that!” she angrily said.

 

“No. You’re sleeping with me.”

 

“S-sleep with you?! You’re kidding! You’re kidding right?!”

 

“No. We’re both tired. And for your information, the spare room’s bare of anything. There’s nothing in there that you could possible slept on. So I suggest you move your out in the living room and come with me in the bedroom and sleep. I’m too tired to argue.”

 

“We possibly can’t share the same bed!”

 

“We can. That’s final.”

 

“ARRGGGH! You’re really getting into my nerves! Wait- Is this your plan of me getting to fall in love with you?”

 

“That’s my plan but no, I’m just kind enough to share my bed with you and if you’re so reluctant with that idea then go ahead and sleep on the couch. It’s not my problem anymore.” With that said, he left her.

 

Standing in the living room, she’s torn with two choices. It’s either sleep on the couch and suffer tomorrow or go to his room and have some decent sleep.

 

Her mind’s probably clouded with tiredness because her own feet dragged her into his room.

 

She watched as he slept on his bed. Maybe he’s really tired so he slept almost after hitting the bed. She watched his heavy breathing, confirming he’s really asleep.

 

She moved to the other side of the bed and sat. She hugged her knees and looked at the person lying next to her. All her tiredness seems to vanish when she looked at him. She watched his chest go up and down. He seems harmless when he’s sleeping. Who knows what a beast he is when he’s awake.

 

“You’re handsome and you know that.” She said as she’s still looking at him. She traced his face with her fingers from his eyebrows down to his jawline.

 

“You could make any girls swoon by your charm. You’re correct with that when you said that to me. You could practically have anyone marry you. And that’s why, I keep asking myself, ‘why me? Why do you have to stubbornly insist to marry me?’ Then when I think about it again, I know I knew the answer from the start. Deep down, I know it. I’m just too hardheaded to admit it. It’s because of money, right?” She said while gazing at him.

 

“It’s always been about the money. You chased me for money. And not just money for that matter, billions of money to be exact. I’m like a pot of gold in the rainbow for you. You have to practically chase me. But you know what?” She paused as she heaved a sigh. “I know I won’t get to escape you. I knew It from the start I met you and we started to do this chasing game. In the end, I’ll be marrying you. You invested so much in me.”

 

She said then tore her gaze away from him.

 

She knew from the start that what he wanted was her money. The money he badly invested in. It’s a common knowledge for her that her grandfather is pretty much penniless.

But where did he get the money for them to be so well off? Of course, it’s from Seunghyun. Seunghyun’s practically her financer when her parents died and that was ten years ago.

His grandfather was already bankrupt when her parents died. He was a gambler so he lost all his money. His depression matched with his addiction practically drained all his money. And that’s when Seunghyun’s family comes up.

He’s a family friend. Her parents and his parents were friends, great friends. So when his family heart about the news, they helped them.

Little Sandara didn’t know what’s happening in that tender age. They financed her and her grandfather. Her grandfather has high ego in his that he told them that he’ll repay them.

He said that his granddaughter has the key to a lot of money. Her parents wrote a will, addressing her that she’ll inherit it once she’s of right age and married already.

She knew that when she overheard the conversation of her grandfather and his lawyer.

“You thought I don’t know, Seunghyun? You think too little of me.” She said as she turned her gaze to him again.

“You chase me for years. It's funny, really. You wanted me that bad because you need to have funds for your future project. I'm such a pain in the for you. After investing so much for me, here I am running from you. What an ungrateful brat.

But I don't understand you when you said you'll make me fall for you. Why? To ease some guilt? Funny.  You said you’ll do anything to make me fall for you, right? You’re wrong. I can’t. Not with you.

I know you enough to be a crazy person and walk on my own death. I know you’re not capable of loving. You love yourself. You love money. You treated business as your life. So when you said you’ll make me fall for you? I laughed. I laughed with my hearts out.

You’re cold and heartless. You don’t care about other people coz you care for your own survival. I know enough to practically fall for your trap.” She looked at him one more time and decided that she should get some sleep. She laid down in his bed and faced the other side.

“Good night, Seunghyun.” She said then closed her eyes.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

--------------------------------

so here it is! What can you say? Did that clear your mind?

Hehe. BTW, I changed the background already coz i'm considerate enough^^.

Enjoy the update and comment! :))