Chapter 24

The Unwilling Bride

 

 

 

“C-chae, I’ve missed him so much, so much t-that it h-hurts.

It s-still hurts after all t-these years."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

Four years later...

 

 

 

“And the winner is…

 

 

 

 

 

 

2ne1!!!!!!  Again the girls won earning their triple crown! Congratulations to these bunch of talented ladies!”

 

The fans had filled the Inkigayo stage with their victorious cheer for the lovely idols. The girls were sporting their proud faces ever since their names were called. Once again, another win for their group. And for the speech, Dara gave her heartfelt appreciation.

 

“To all the fans who voted for us, my sincerest thanks. You guys are the best! As always WOOOOOOHH!” She screamed while waving through the crowd.

“To Papa YG, thank you for always being there for us since debut and training. We love you.To our handsome Teddy oppa for giving us beautiful songs once again.” She bowed wholeheartedly expressing her respect to the person behind their success.

And lastly, to the one I’m missing so m-much…” Her voice cracked and faltered, earning a curious stare from the audience. The crowd was filled with confusion from the sudden sadness that was evident from her face. She was like a statue blankly looking through them. She couldn’t continue. Heaven knows she was at the brink of holding her emotions.

Saving her from the situation, the leader stepped in. “Aigoo Dara-yah no need to mention me. Sorry people. She has been missing me so much because I’ve been out of the country for a month. Aigoo my wifey. Your hubby’s here. Don’t go crying on me!” She playfully scolded then hugged her. Dara laughed while hitting her and return the hug.

Upon seeing this, the crowd laughed and treat the earlier drama as a joke.

 

“That’s the end of our show. Hope you enjoyed it. See you again next time. Enjoy the rest of the evening. This is SBS Inkigayo!!!” The hosts announced and the girls once again sang their song with emotions for their encore.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

The girls where headed to their respective dorm after their performance. They were relaxingly seated in the van.

“Yes!!!!! Party party~!!!!” Bom sang as she danced happily in her seat.

Seeing her crazy antics, the maknae laughed. “Yeah!!”

Dara and CL was behind their seat, not joining their happiness. They were waiting who will start the conversation between them. Observing that Dara will not talk unless questioned, CL initiated to talk to her.

“Unnie…” CL began.

“N-neh” She glanced at the leader.

“What’s that all about?” CL curiously asked, seeking for any emotion on her face.

“Nothing.” She avoided then looked at the window.

“It’s not nothing. You will not be emotional for nothing. And upon hearing your speech earlier, it definitely isn’t nothing. Tell me. You’ve been missing him, right?” CL carefully asked.

She looked away from the window and faced the leader. There, CL saw the truth from her eyes. She pulled her into a hug. “C-chae, I’ve missed him so much, so much t-that it h-hurts. It s-still hurts after all t-these years. I t-thought that I’ll be used to i-t” Finally, she let it all out. The emotions that had been feeling her heart for the past four years. Usually when this day comes and she has been missing him badly, she would lock herself in her room and cry. She usually hides her emotions to the girls except Chaerin. For the past four years, she has been her constant confidant. Bom is still her best friend but there is a bond between her and Chaerin that cannot be named. She understood her well. It was like they had invisible string that connects them. While Bom will continue to scold her with situations like this, Chaerin will just silently listen to her as she comfort her.

 

“Sssshhh. Let it all out.” Chaerin said as she rubbed her back.

 

“He said a year or t-two but what h-happened? It has been f-four long years Chae. I thought I could make it up to him once he comes back. Chae! Ottoke!” She whimpered while hugging her.

“I told you we could ask YG sajangnim to contact him.”

“I tried. I talked to him two years ago. He said Seunghyun changed his number. The last time YG sajangnim heard, He was in their New York branch. I don’t want to impose on Papa YG much because he was also busy with a lot of comebacks in his hand especially now that it’s Winner and Ikon’s time.”

 

CL patted her back. “We just hope he’ll be back this year.”

 

Once her emotions toned down, she played with Chaerin’s fingers. “Chae…”

“Hmmm…”

“It’s h-his birthday today.” She glanced at Chaerin. Once again, CL saw the longing and sadness in her eyes. Her eyes that has constantly plagued with that kind of emotion for the past four years. “I didn’t get to c-celebrate it with him. Would you look at that, I never celebrated his birthday with him.” She painfully laughed.

CL held her hand. “Now I know why you’re so emotional today. But one thing’s for sure, he’ll come back. He’ll come back for you.”

“It’s my fault C-chae. If only I said what he wanted to say that day. But I-I w-was so shocked. I’m overwhelmed. You see, he loves me! He loves me too!  I can’t imagine him feeling that to me let alone saying those words!! He didn’t even let me cool down. He left just like that. And now, regrets are on me. I couldn’t turn back time. Why did he do that?! I’m now his wife. Wae?! Why did he left me missing him so much.” She cried once again and hugged Chaerin like her life depends on it.

 

Oblivious to the drama, the two girls at the front continue to dance to the song playing in the van. When they’ve heard suppressed cries, they quickly looked at their back.

 

“U-unnie, w-what’s happening?” The maknae asked curiously. “Why is Dara unnie c-crying?”

 

“Shhhh!” CL silenced her. Her eyes were telling them to shut up and ask no further questions.

Reluctantly, the two faced the front. “It’s ok. It’s gonna be okay unnie.” CL whispered to the crying girl.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

After arriving to their dorm, CL led Dara to her room and let her rest. It has been too much for her. She really missed Seunghyun a lot. Maybe she was overwhelmed with everything. There’s a limit to how much she could take. She just reached the breaking point today.

“Chae, what happened?” Bom started questioning the leader.

CL doesn’t know where to start. She had been Dara’s constant confidant for the past four years. It’s not her story to tell but the two deserved to know what’s happening to Dara.

“Is it because of Seunghyun?” Bom guessed. CL nodded. “It’s his birthday today so unnie got emotional.”

“When will that man come back?! Did he ever have plans on coming back? It’s been long overdue. Doesn’t he know, he has a wife waiting here!! He shouldn’t marry her in the first place if he will just leave her like that! ARGGGGHHH!!” Bom angrily stated.

CL sighed. She couldn’t tell her what happened four years ago. Dara unnie also had a fault why Seunghyun left. Bom and Minzy didn’t know the whole story. They only know that Seunghyun left after the wedding without any reason. They taught he left her just like that. They didn’t know the argument before. Dara unnie told her but she told her to keep it a secret. She knew why she did that. She didn’t want the two to be involved and she didn’t want to be scolded by Bom unnie. She didn’t want to be hurt by her words. She knows Bom. She will say what has to be said without filter.

“Let’s just leave it to fate unnie. If it’s time for them to reconcile, it will happen. We just have to wait. We’re just mere spectators here. ” Minzy stated.

“You’re right maknae. Let’s just leave it to fate. Wow. Our maknae’s getting smarter each passing day.” Bom complimented.

“Of course I’m smart because I love studying. Unlike my unnie.” Minzy teased eyeing Bom, making the atmosphere light.

“Yah! Maknae! School is boring. Besides, my passion is eating. Do what you love. Eating is fun. And food is the basic need. Remember that!” Bom counterattacked.

“Yeah right. You just don’t have the brain to study.” CL said.

“W-what!!!! Are you saying I’m dumb? Yah Chaecat come here I’m gonna punch you.” Bom angrily said.

“If you can chase me. Your joints are cracking and you know that you’re getting old.” CL teased.

“OLDDD?! MEEEEE??? OLDDDDDD????!!!! CHAECAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTT!!!!”

 

And Bominator was officially on. Minzy just watched the two chase each other with a smile. The day couldn’t end without them bickering. But her smile faded as she was reminded by her Dara unnie’s dilemma. Her unnie had been hurt too much each passing day. ‘I hope Seunghyun oppa’s back this year.’

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

----------------

sorry for the looooooongggg delay. I lost my inspiration that's why. I don't know where to start. I've had a rough time thinking what to come up next. But my sincerest thanks to those who wait patiently for this. It's just a filler chapter. Baby steps for my mind to keep working. 

I'm seriously overwhelmed by your comments! Thanks for loving this fic! Love you all!!! :***** xoxo.

And check out Winner's baby baby. I died watching Minho's body wave. KYAAAAAAHHH. *smiling*