Chapter 25

The Unwilling Bride

 

So from that day they met again, he promised he will protect her no matter what

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It was a busy day for the girls. With lots of practices on the way, they barely got any time for leisure. Dara was thankful for that. Because of her workload, she forgot the pain for a while. It was a good kind of distraction. And now that she’s not only an idol, she’s also a brand endorser, host, actress and model, it gave her less time to think of him. It was a good four years for her. Her career bloomed. Lots of offer comes on her way. She was always in demand. She was really thankful for all the blessings she received. But, at the back of her mind, despite of all these success, she was wishing for one thing, to have her husband by her side.

His disappearance cut through to her. She was barely living in the succeeding months of his departure. She was always thinking of him in everything she saw in their house. That’s why, she decided to stay with the girls in the dorm. Now, after four years, she feels the same longing. If only she did it right. If only she says what she truly feel.  But, it was in the past now. She couldn’t turn back time no matter how much she wanted to. The only thing that she could do is to wait for him and redeem herself. This time, she will do all her best to show him how much he means to her. It will be difficult because she doesn’t know her current standing in his life. Who knows if he found someone new. Wait. ‘Andwae! We’re married. He will not have a girlfriend. No! I will cut all of his girlfriend’s hair!!’ Just thinking about it makes her blood boil.  ‘Fighting Dara! You can do it! Patience is a virtue! Wait for him’

Her train of thoughts were cut when she heard someone calling her name. “Noona!” “Noona¬”

“Omo boys what are you doing here? You’re supposed to practice at this time.” CL reprimanded.

“Noona we’re just here to visit our favourite noonas.” The maknae of the group said.

“Pssh. If I know, you’re only here for Dara.” Bom butted in. He chuckled.

With a smile, he embraced her. “Oh come on unnie, we’re also here for you. Here, your favourite corn. Tadah¬” He happily showed him his bribe.

“Be thankful that you have corn this time or else I’m gonna kick you out of here. You’re disturbing our rest.”

“Noona, you’re all hardworking girls. I idolized you. But look at Dara unnie, she badly needed to eat.” The boys’ leader said to Bom.

CL sighed. “Okay  okay you all win. Let’s eat. What have you got there?”

They all sat on the floor and scrutinized the food.

“Dara-noona here, it is especially for you.” The maknae shyly handed the girl a box of bento.

“Thanks” Dara smiled.

“Yah Nam Taehyun! Why are you so close to Dara noona?!” Song Mino glared at him.

“Wae? Is it illegal to be close to my goddess?!” Taehyun said and then hugged Dara.

“Yah! Nam Taehyun, what the hell is that?” CL angrily asked.

“Noona, you all know how much I like Dara noona. Since trainee days, I always look at her from afar. Now that we are this close, why not grab the opportunity. Besides, she’s single. No one will get mad if I court her.” Taehyun explained.

“Well for your information, she’s mar—“ Bom couldn’t continue her sentence as was blocked by CL’s hand.

“You’re so noisy.” CL hissed. No one knows that Dara is married already. It was a secret that only them and Papa YG knows. Not even these boys know the truth. But thanks to this talkative creature, it will be accidentally spilled.

“What noona she’s what?” Kim Jinwoo inquired.

“She’s married to me. I’m her hubby.” CL said.

“Yeah right. But noona, nothing can stop me now.” Taehyun bravely said.

“Aish this boy. Don’t you think about your ?!” CL questioned.

“I don’t care. It’s just a number.” Taehyun shrugged. “Besides, I will be her superman from now on. Noona, remember this.

I'm only one call away

I'll be there to save the day

Superman got nothing on me
I'm only one call away”
He sang as he serenaded her.

“This kid really. Excuse me, but you don’t stand a chance on her fanboys. There’s Chanyeol whose always sending her gifts. There’s Kim Soohyun, whose always texting her. If she wants to date, there’s lot of other options.” Bom boasted.

“Noona, you’re crushing my heart!”

“I’m just stating facts. Besides, there’s her overprotective brother. If he saw you hugging his noona like that, you’re dead.” Bom threatened.

“Noona! No don’t tell him please! I don’t want to die early. He’s so scary.” Taehyun nervously said.

“You wanna court her yet you’re afraid to face her brother huh.” Bom said boastfully.

“Noona¬¬ Don’t be too mean on me.” He begged.

 

“Guys, your trainer’s here. He’s calling you already” said a voice from the door.

 

“Oh. Your time’s up. Go away. Chu¬” CL dismissed them and dragged them into the door.

“WAIT. Dara noona! Eat well¬¬¬” Taehyun shouted from the door.

“Neh thanks” She smiled as she looked at her direction.

“Aish Dara your fanboys are uncontrollable these days.” Bom tiredly said.

“Keke.” Dara peace signed.

Suddenly, they heard a knock. “Noona¬¬¬” A voice from the door called their attention.

“Another fanboy” Bom sighed as she waited for the door to open.

“Omo Cheundoong you’re here!” Bom exclaimed.

“Neh. I’m just dropping by, checking on my noonas.”

“Aigoo. You’re too sweet.” CL happily said.

He chuckled then faced his Dara noona. “Noona, you’re eating just now? It’s 2 pm already. Tsk. Tsk. You’re overworking yourself again.” He scolded as he saw the food.

“We didn’t see the time. Sorry my baby brother. Next time, we’ll keep track of time. Come here eat with us.” She said as she gave space for him. Cheundoong immediately filled the space.

“It’s ok. I ate already.”

“So how was your day Cheundoongie? Are you tired from your practice? Are they too hard on you?” Bom inquired while eating her corn.

“No. They’re all kind to us. Besides, I enjoy what I’m doing so it’s okay.”

Dara scrutinized her brother “Yah! If the other trainees are bullying you, just tell them I’m your sister and I’m gonna kick all their butts.”

He chuckled as he ruffled her hair. “It’s okay noona. Don’t worry about me.”

“Are you eating healthy food? Ppalli¬ Turn your back on me. I’m gonna check your shirt. Maybe you’re sweating too much”

“Noona I can take care of myself. You should mind yourself.”

“Andwae. I’m still older than you.”

“Aigoo¬ I’m envious of your relationship unnie. I wish I had a little brother also.” Minzy enviously said while looking at their interaction.

He smiled then hug his noona. “Yes. I’m really lucky to have my Dara unnie with me”

“So don’t you dare ran away from me like what you did.” She said scolding him.

“I know noona. But that time, I decided to follow my dreams. Like yours, I wanted to be an idol. So when I became eighteen, my only focus was to enter training. I’m so sorry noona I hurt you.”

“It’s okay. You’re here now.”

Cheundoong smiled as he looked as his noona. “Eat more unnie”

“Neh” She smiled at him and started eating her food.

He was very lucky he has an understanding noona. When he left their home years ago, he wasn’t thinking straight. He was only after his happiness that he forgot he has his noona. He left the mansion and struggled to train by herself. He badly wanted her to come with him to escape but the old man guarded her very well. And when the old man found him, he even used him for his personal benefit. He used him to lure his noona to surrender all their wealth. ‘That sly bastard’ He angrily thought. And when he was freed, he ran straight to his noona. Since then, they were inseparable.

He really felt guilty. If only he didn’t hide himself from her. He thought she couldn’t accept his dream. He thought she’ll insist to finish his studies. He was supposed to be an architect but he dropped out of school to pursue what he truly wanted. So he ran away and hide from her. It was the best thing to do that time. He thought he was right. But, he forgot how understanding her noona is. So from that day they met again, he promised he will protect her no matter what. And that includes protecting her from her husband if situation calls. He badly needed to do his duty especially now that he heard he’s going back to Korea.

He didn’t know if she knew but he’ll ask her. “Noonas, have you heard any news from her husband?”

“H-her husband? No. We haven’t heard anything.” Bom said.

“Oh. So you didn’t know that he’s going back to Korea soon?” He questioned.

Upon hearing his statement, Dara immediately looked up to his brother. “Where did you get that?”

“From the newspaper. Apparently, they’re expanding their business to Korea and Choi Seunghyun will personally handle the expansion. And it said that by the end of this week, the CEO will arrive in Korea.” He explained.

“O-oh good for him.” She bowed her head and looked at her food on her lap.

“Finally noona you’re finally seeing your invisible husband.” He sarcastically said.

“D-deh.” She said thinking deeply.

“Noona, play hard to get okay! Think of all the years he abandoned you. Don’t immediately get persuaded by him. I know he’s good looking but don’t accept his apology easily.” He reprimanded.

Clearly not knowing what she will say, she just nodded.

He’s coming back. He’s coming back’ She thought.

Looking at her, the girls couldn’t help but to smile. Finally they’ll be seeing each other. Fate intervened this time. It’s time for them to finally meet.

On the other hand, Dara doesn’t know what to think. Is she ready to face him? She waited four years to see him again. And now, finally her wait is over. She wanted to cry but she doesn’t want her brother to see her. ‘I’m finally seeing him. I’m finally seeing my husband’ She thought as she smiled.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

I really had to do this chapter guys. I know it’s still filler chapter. But you know where we’re heading to right? Enjoy!! :)