Chapter 2

The Unwilling Bride

“… I guess the chase is over?”

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

“Aigoo Bommie! I’m sooo tired! “ She complained to her bestfriend.

 

“Yeah me too.  Waaa! Dara! Tomorrow is our debut! Yeah!! I’m nervous!!!!”

 

“Tsk. This girl’s really loud. “She whispered to herself but enough to be heard by her bestfriend.

 

“Yah! I’m just excited! I can’t believe that after two years of hardwork, we’re finally here! Only one step closer! Isn’t it amazing?! “

 

“ I can’t believe it also. “ she smiled and looked at her bestfriend with happiness.

 

“Hey you two! You’re engaging into your own world again! I’m envious.” The leader butted in.

 

“Come here leadah! And you maknae! Hurry!" Bom dragged the maknae and leader to form a circle.

 

“Minji! Dara! Bom! CL! 2ne1! Nolza! “ Bom lead the chant and then they chorused. Burst of laughter erupted afterwards.

 

“You two! It doesn’t mean that you’re bestfriend for years, you’ll forget about us! We’re group now. “ CL acted like leader as always.

 

“Aigoo. Of course! I promise, from now on, I have three bestfriends. I’m so happy CL-roo. Know what, at first I can’t just approach you. You seem to have that fierce look on you that says ‘back off’. I really thought you’ll be a dictator. “ She truthfully said.

 

“Aish! That’s what I always hated! They all thought I have that aura. Seriously? I’m much more than that.” CL crossed her arms then looked at Dara.

 

“I know that now CL-roo! I’ve seen through you. You’re not fierce, badass, and snob. You’re awesome, intelligent, kindhearted and free-spirited. I’m so glad that you’re our leader.

 

“Tsk. You’re always good at compliments Dara-unnie! You’re making me blush!”

 

“Huh?! Blushing? It doesn’t suit you CL-roo! “ Bom said while munching corn.

 

“Just shut up, fat corn monster! “ CL faced Bom.

 

“W-what?! I’m not a corn monster!!! And I’m not fat!!! Yah!!! Take that back!” Bom threatened CL, ready to unleash her Bominator side.

 

“CL-roo! Don’t get to Bommie’s bad side. You won’t like it.” She grabbed CL’s arm, holding it tightly. She can see the steam coming from Bom’s nose.

 

“ Well, I’m only saying the truth. Look at her. She’s FAT. “ CL observed Bom. She can see that any minute now, she’ll experience Bom’s wrath.

 

“C.L.-roo You. Better, RUUNNNNNNNNN!!!!” Bom said and started to run.

CL also run for her life.

 

“Waaaa! I’m just joking unnie!!! Don’t kill me!” CL said while running.

 

“Aigoo. I warned you CL-roo. Tsk.” She saw Bom chasing CL while CL run like madman. She smiled while seeing those two have their ‘bonding time’.

 

She’s definitely never felt happier than before.

She’s contented.

She’s happy.

And seeing this brings her hope that everything’s gonna be alright.

 

*He won’t ruin what I’ve achieved. You’re just paranoid Dara!*

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

“Mr. Choi, how’s your flight?” his secretary inquired. She phoned him right away. She knows he’s just arrived.

 

“Good. Everything’s alright? How’s the company?”

 

“Oh, you don’t have to worry about anything Sir. Your brother’s taking good care of it.”

 

“Yeah, I guess I can rely on him on that. “

 

“Of course Sir. Don’t worry. I’ll be the one to guide him.”

 

“I’ll keep your words, Ms. Kwon. Call me if there’s any problem. “

 

“Yes sir. Goodluck on your mission! “ Seunghyun ended the call and went straight to a cab.

 

“Sir, where would you like to go?” the taxi driver asked.

 

“Take me to this address.” He handed him a paper, written there is his destination.

 

“Oh! Why would you like to go to YG Entertainment? Tell me young man, are you by any chance? A trainee?” the taxi driver smiled while looking at the rearview mirror, carefully observing his passenger.

 

“I guess it’s none of your business. Drive.” He looked into the window and observed his surroundings. The taxi driver felt the eerie presence of his passenger and decided to keep his mouth shut.

 

After a few minutes of silence, they finally arrived.

 

“Here we are, Sir.”

He looked at the building.

He’s finally here.

He handed the driver a good amount of payment then went outside.

 

*A trainee? Do I look  that desperate? Tsk. I can’t believe this is the life you wanted Sandara. An idol huh?!*

 

He entered the building, eyeing its structure and style.

 He went directly to the information desk.

 

“Excuse me?”  He faced the receptionist.

 

The receptionist was busy arranging some documents but when she finally looked at him, she swore she just saw an angel that literally fell from the sky, facing her with much confidence.

But once she finally saw his expression, she noticed that describing him as angel didn’t fit him. He’s more like a devil – devilishly handsome.

 

“Y-yes sir? W-what can I do for you?” She stammered.

 

“I’m here to see Mr. Yang.”

 

“Oh, Mr. Yang Hyun-suk?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“D-do you have any appointment, S-ir?” She can’t compose herself in front of him. He’s too intimidating.

 

“Yes. He’s expecting me actually.”

 

“O-oh is that so? Wait a minute sir. I’ll just inform here you are here. What’s your name Sir? “She can’t keep her gaze away from him even though she’s on the phone. He’s that irresistible. Even his voice is very manly.

 

“Just say a certain Mr. Choi is looking for him.” A hint of boredom can be heard from his voice. He wanted to deal with this matter quickly.

 

“O-oh yes sir.” After a few minutes, she’s finally done.  

 

“S-sir, you may now go. He’s on the top floor. Mr. Yang is waiting for you. “

 

He didn’t say anything. He just left the desk and proceeded on waiting the elevator.

 

“He didn’t even say thanks. Tsk. He’s rude but definitely handsome. Aish” The receptionist looked at the stranger’s back. “Even his back is so handsome. “ She maintained her composure and continued what she was doing earlier.

 

Meanwhile, Seunghyun is now face to face with YG.

 

“What brings you here, son? How’s Paris?” He handed him a glass of wine.

 

“Same ole, same ole. Still Paris. “ He answered.

 

“Are you here for a vacation? Did you get tired of company issues? I can recommend you to some places you’ll surely love. You surely missed Korea.”

 

“Actually I’m not here for that uncle. I heard that you’re training a new girl group?” He sipped his wine while talking to his uncle.

 

“Oh yes! They’re to debut tomorrow. They’re really excited. Wait, where did you hear that? I never thought you liked my entertainment to gossip that much. “YG teased.

 

“No, It’s not that. Are you really sure you’re going to debut them? “

 

“But of course! They’re talented bunch of girls. They’re adorable and sweet! I can’t believe I found them. “He boastfully said to his nephew.

 

“Tell me more about it.”

 

“Now you’re interested. They’re four in their group. My first girl group actually, for many years of hiatus. I can say they’re special. I named them 2ne1, stands for 21st century new evolution. They’re not like your typical girl groups who just know how to act cute. My concept for them is kinda fierce and badass. So, what can you say?”

 

“That’s good. Did a certain Sandara Park belong to that group?”

 

“Oh! How did you know about that? I’m really curious Seunghyun.”

 

“You can say I just know a lot.” He said meaningfully.

 

“You brat, I know you’re hiding something. Tell me what it is. “

 

“You’ll know. “

 

“You sound mysterious. Tell me what it is abo-“

 

“Sir, the girls’ are here. “ His secretary interrupted him.

 

“Yes, kindly usher them here. “ He faced his nephew.“We’ll talk later. “

 

“Whatever you say uncle.”

 

He stood up and faced the window. He looked at the scenery.

Two years had passed but it’s still the same as he remembered.

 

“Sajangnim, it’s all Bom-unnie’s fault.”

 

“Yah! If you didn’t call me fat, then we’re not here.”

 

“But why did you end up like that? Huh?Look at the four of you. You all look like a mess! You’re going to debut tomorrow yet you cause some trouble. Minzy, tell me what happened. ”

 

“Bom-unnie saw a cake and decided to throw it not only to CL-roo but also to us. It resulted to a cake fight.”

 

“Keke. Mianhe Sajangnim. I won’t do it again. I just got mad. I know it’s my fault.Sorry Sajangnim.  Yah Dara-yah! Say something. Defend me! I’m your bestfriend”

 

“Aish. This is all your fault and I’m taking half the blame. Papa YG forgive us! We won’t do it again! It’s also my fault that I didn’t stop Bom earlier. Mianhe.”

 

“It’s also my fault Sajangnim. If I didn’t tease Bom-unnie, it won’t happen.”

 

“Can you forgive us Sajangnim?”

 

He heard them talk. He knows for sure who they are. He smiled to himself and decided to approach his uncle. He walked dangerously slow while talking.

 

“Uncle, you don’t have to be mad at them. They’re enjoying their selves. Give them that freedom.” The girls were shocked to find a stranger’s voice in their Sajangnim’s office so they decided to search for him.

 

They finally caught him walking towards their direction. The girls all have different reactions but a certain one had her eyes wide open and a hand clamped on . She’s too astounded to speak. She couldn’t believe what she’s seeing. She must be dreaming.

 

“Oh my bad! Girls, I want you to meet my nephew, Choi Seunghyun. Son, this is Minzy, Bom, CL and of course Dara.” YG faced the girls with a smile but eventually got removed when he saw one of the girls’ reaction. “Dara? Are you alright?”

 

“Y-yeah.”

 

 Eyes still not leaving her, Seunghyun decided to scan her from top to bottom. Nothing had change except that she’s grown prettier through the years. But she also looks thinner.

 

 “So I’m back princess, I guess the chase is over?”  He said to one particular girl then smirked. All of them are shocked from his statement.

 

“W-what do you mean by this Seunghyun? Did you know Dara from before? Are you long lost friends?” YG asked.

 

Oh, didn’t I tell you before Uncle? She’s my fiancée.” He said calmly then looked at her again, emphasizing the word 'fiancee'.

 

"W-what?!! Is this true?!! Dara-unnie/yah?!!!" The girls' chorused, looking directly at Dara.

 

She don't know how to answer. She can’t take the tension anymore. Here in front of her is the man she dreaded the most to see, the very main source of her nightmares. It’s like she’s been by a black hole. She can’t believe it’s happening.

 

*It’s not true. You’re just dreaming again, Dara! You’re dreaming! You’re dreaming*

 

She said to herself and looked at him.

 

*He's not real!*

 

*He's not real! Come on! Wake up Dara! Wake up!*

 

She can’t keep up with all what's happening. She’s still looking at him with dreadful eyes when everything went black.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

--------------

Hi!!! Update's up! ^^.

I'll be updating again next weekend.

For now, enjoy the update!

Tabisan Love! Yeah. :))