Chapter 23

The Unwilling Bride

You’re not saying anything? Any ‘I love you’ back?” He said bitterly.

 

 

 

 


The day has finally come. The one thing she wished would not arrive. She was supposed to be wearing her wedding gown, putting her make-up and appearing to be a radiant bride. But none of these were happening at this moment. Here she was, locked in a hotel room she rented. She was very careful not to wake him up when she left yesterday. She packed her belongings carefully and left him a note saying that he should not look for her and she said her sorry.

She should be beautiful today not miserable. She should not be bawling her eyes out today. She should be happy. ‘Why can’t I be happy for once?’

 

“I’m so sorry Tabi, but this is for the best.” She said to herself while sobbing.

 

“I know you’re not going to wait for me right? You read my letter right?” She hiccupped.

 

“Please d-don’t wait for me.” She cried again.

 

Her heart was torn apart. She badly wanted to marry him and to hell with the consequences but she couldn’t do that. She’ll forever live in guilt if she pursued her selfish need. “I’m doing this for y-you T-tabi. I don’t have the face to show you.”

 

“I’m useless. What e-else could I offer you?!” She sobbed and buried her face on the bed. “I’m n-nothing... I’m n-nothing...”

 

 

She was so coped up with her misery that she failed to hear the ringing of the doorbell. When it didn’t stop, she decided to attend to it.

 

“What is i-“ She didn’t get to finish her sentence when all of a sudden, a handkerchief was put into .

 

“HMMMPPPP.... HMPPP.... Yah! Hmmpppp! Let me goooo!!! Yahhhh!!! HMPPP...”

 

Then all went blank.

 

 

 

 

 

 

She woke up feeling lightheaded. Opening her eyes slowly, she adjusted on her surroundings.

‘This place is unfamiliar. Where am I?’

 

She looked carefully. ‘What am I doing in this place?’

It looks like a hotel room but it’s nothing compared to the one she rented. Here, everything looks expensive. From the floor up to the ceiling, it was sparkling. Finally, her eyes went to the vanity mirror.

“What the hell am I wearing????”

“Hello my lady. It’s good that you’re awake. You’re badly needed outside.”

“W-what?”

“Let’s go my lady.”

“W-wait!! Where are you taking me??!”

She didn’t answer her. Instead, she dragged her out of the room.

“Wait!!! Wait!!!!” She tried to grab her hand from the lady but to no avail. In the end, she surrendered.

 

At last, they arrived to the place where she least expected.

 

“Madam, your flowers. Congratulations.” The lady smiled and motioned for her to walk down the aisle.

“Princess, shall we?” Papa YG offered his arms.

 

Heart beats fast

Colors and promises

How to brave

How can I love when I’m afraid to fall?

 

‘Why am I here?’ She looked at her surroundings. She saw familiar faces, faces she didn’t expect to see. Here, beside the aisle on her right is Bommie, Chae and Minzy. The girls are crying with smiles on their face. Donghae is also there. When their eyes connected, he gave her a thumb up sign. This is a wedding of a lifetime, she thought. The place itself is spectacular.

Lastly, her eyes landed on the handsome lad in white.

“T-tabi” She whispered to herself. There, standing at the end of the altar is his handsome groom.

But watching you stand alone

All of my doubts

Suddenly goes away somehow

One step closer

‘Am I still dreaming?’ She didn’t take her eyes on him, afraid that he’ll disappear any minute now.

I have died everyday waiting for you

Darling don’t be afraid I have loved you

For a thousand years

I'll love you for a
Thousand more

She thought she’ll never see him again. She was more than glad to see a glimpse of his face.

But as she walked closer, she noticed that his face was void of emotion.

Finally, she was in front of him.

“Seunghyun, take care of her ok?” Papa YG instructed him. Seunghyun just nodded and unceremoniously get her hand.

“We are gathered here today to witness the union of Choi Seunghyun and Park Sandara...”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Everything was a blur for her. She didn’t even remember how she was able to say I do. She woke up from her reverie when she was announced as Mrs. Choi.

‘Mrs. Choi...’ The name sounds so foreign to her but she should get accustomed to that.

She met the original Mrs. Choi at the reception. She was kind as she remembered. Even Mr. Choi was present. He didn’t say much but she knows from his expression that he was supportive of his son’s wedding.

“They’re very kind and this is what I will have to repay them” She sulked as she remembered she was penniless.

She was now in one of the hotel’s room, waiting for the verdict to come. She bid goodbye to the girls who are crying nonstop. She didn’t get to talk to them because Seunghyun was always there beside her. He was not talking which was good in her case. But, as she looked at him, she knows he’s not happy. He was colder than before.

 

 

The door suddenly opened, indicating that there was a coming presence.

 

“Hi!”

She looked at the unfamiliar face. Who was she?

 

“You don’t remember me, do you? Well, I’m Mr. Choi’s secretary, Kwon Yuri. Just call me Yuri or Yul. Nice to finally meet you Sandara Park or should I say Sandara Choi?” The lady teased.

 

“Uhh... Dara will do.” She said awkwardly.

 

“Oh come on! Don’t be shy! I’m not only Choi’s secretary.” She moved closer to her and whispered. “to tell you the truth, I’m his girlfriend.”

Her eyes turned big ‘What the hell was this girl saying? Tabi’s girlfriend?’

Suddenly, the lady laughed out loud.

“Oops! Fooled you! Kekeke. Just kidding. I’m his beautiful and most trusted friend. Don’t worry he’s all yours! I have my own Choi with me.” The lady said then winked.

She’s weird’ She thought while observing her.

“Come on! I’m just trying to lighten up the mood ‘coz once Choi is here, i don’t think you could relax.” Yuri threatened.

“W-what do you m-mean by that?” She nervously asked.

“Well, given the fact that he was very mad when couldn’t see you anywhere when he woke up earlier, you should really prepare yourself. He was very angry earlier when he was searching for you. He was cold, no, scratch that, he was colder than before. I never see him that mad ever since.” Yuri said seriously.

“R-really? I wish I could just say sorry to him but I know it’s not that easy. Do you think he could forgive me?” She hesitantly asked.

“That I don’t know. Who knows what that Choi is thinking. But you should be careful. Any minute from now he’ll arrive. I don’t know what he will do to you. I’m sorry but i can’t help you. You’re on your own from this point.”

 

“ I know...” She sighed.

 

“Tsk. Why did you have to run away from him again? He’s always chasing after you stubborn brat.” Yuri scolded and pinched her nose.

“Yah!”

“keke. Just teasing you.”

 

“Ms. Kwon.” A familiar voice said.

‘This is it.’ She nervously said in her mind.

 

“Oh Mr. Choi, I didn’t see you arrive. Uhm, I gotta go Dara. Nice meeting you. I’m just outside. If you need anything, just call me.”

“Leave.” He coldly said.

Yuri was taken aback by his voice. She never heard him say that word with that kind of voice so she knew that he was very serious this time. ‘Poor Dara. Hope she’ll be alright’

“Yes sir.” Yuri said then left.

 

 

Silence. He was not saying anything. He was just standing, looking intently at her. When she couldn’t take it, she decided to break the silence.

 

“T-tabi...” She nervously said as she faced him.

 

“Why did you do that?” He said in his cold voice.

 

“Y-you don’t understand. I had to do that. ” She helplessly uttered.

 

“What i don’t understand was you, running away from me AGAIN.” He spat.

 

“Because I had to! It’s for your own good!” She cried.

 

“For my own good?! How do you know it’s for my own good!”

 

“Y-you don’t understand T-tabi. I’m useless!” She broke down.

 

“Useless your face!”

 

“I don’t have anything! My grandfather he-“

 

“ He took all your inheritance and hostaged your brother for you to sign the paper.” He continued.

“Y-you knew?!”

 

“Of course. When you arrived at your birthday party being upset, I investigated.” He supplied.

 

“So you knew. You understand very well why I ran away. I don’t have anything to offer you. I’ll become a burden to you!” She uttered.

 

“Do you think I’m that shallow?! That I’ll allow you to leave just because of that pathetic reason?! Huh?! Well you’re stupid!” He spat.

 

“Pathetic reason?! You call that pathetic reason?! That’s the only reason why you’re marrying me! But now, look where we are! Married! How can I look into your eyes without being ashamed of myself!”

 

“You think money is important to me?! “

 

“Yes  from the very start it’s the most important thing to you! That’s why you keep chasing me! You see me as an investment!”

 

“Investment?! You’re seeing yourself as an investment?!” He angrily said then ruffled his hair.

 

“Well that’s all I am to you right?! Tell me honestly! Tell me Tabi! That’s all I am to you! Say it!”

 

“Fine! At the beginning you’re just a nuisance thing, an investment! But it all changed dammit!”

 

“So I am right! I’m an investment!” She laughed humourlessly.

 

“ I said it changed!”

“It changed? Yeah right. You saying that will not change that you saw me as-“

“I love you!” He shouted.

“-an investment.” She looked at him with wide eyes when she absorbed what he said earlier.

 

“I love you Choi Sandara! And I can’t believe that you’re thinking little of me when i showed it all in my actions! Damn! I love you! But what did you do?!”

 

“Y-you love me?”

“Can’t you feel it? Are you that dumb?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I didn’t knew... “  She whispered.

“You’re not saying anything? Any ‘I love you’ back?” He said bitterly.

“I... I-i..” She stuttered. ‘Dammit Dara! Say it! Say those words! Say it!’ “I-I... I-I”

“Don’t force yourself. You don’t feel the same. Don’t worry it’s just a phase. I’ll get over this.” He said dismissively.

“W-what do you mean?”

 

“I’ll get over you. Simple as that. And by the way, I married you to save face. I spent lots of money for this wedding to happen so why not continue. But, we will only get divorce once you’re able to pay for this.” He handed her a paper.

 

“What is this?”

“Your debt to me”

“D-debt?”

“You want to redeem yourself right? Then pay me. Pay me for all the things I invested on you.”

 

She looked at the paper. It’s an amount she never imagined. “T-this big?”

 

“Yes that big. So if you wanted to be free from me then pay me. Ms. Kwon!” He shouted.

 

After a few minutes, “Yes sir?”

“Pack my things.”

“Sir?” Yuri asked wondering.

“I’m leaving for New York.” He said then was about to walk to the door when a hand stopped him.

“Y-you’re leaving?” She asked hesitantly.

“Yes. I’ll see you after a year or two. I’m a busy person so you knew from the start I won’t stay here.”

“B-but...” ‘But I’m your wife now’ She wanted to say.

“If you don’t have anything to say, i’m leaving.”

She held his hand. “T-tabi, I-I... I-I” ‘Dara say it! This is your time!’

“What?” He asked as he looked at her.

“U-uhm, t-take care.” He nodded then took his hand from her.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

------------------------

I've updated! I've updated! Seeeee?!!! I'm so sorry for all the days I didn't updated this story. Mian¬¬ I was very busy and a lot happened to my life. 

It was a roller coaster ride but now, I'm ok. So, one request. I want to have a poster for this story please? *with puppy dog eyes*

I'm not busy guys and I'm here to stay so keep the comments coming okay? this is my only fuel for updating so I hope to hear from you.

A lot will happen from now on. New characters will rise so stay tuned! 

I miss you all! Mwah!