Chapter 3

The Unwilling Bride

"Should I just surrender to him?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


She was awakened by the light from the room. She opened her eyes slowly, trying to register where she was.

She looked around the room and realized she was in the comfort of her own. She sighed in relief.

*It was just a dream, thank goodness.*

She’s so paranoid lately that her dreams were too good to be true. She should stop herself from having these nightmares.

Maybe she’s thinking too much.

The door suddenly opened.

 

“Bommie! I’m fine. You don’t have to go to my room every time I had my nightmares. You’re always getting worked up. “She smiled to her best friend. But her best friend said nothing in response. She just stared at her.

 

“W-what?  You’re creeping me out. Why aren’t you saying anything? If you’re still worried about me, then don’t. I’m gonna be fine. It’s not like these nightmares won’t disappear. You have to trust me on this okay and- “She was suddenly cut off when she spoke.

 

“He’s here.”

 

“ -Bommie, you’re paranoid. W-what?! I didn’t get you.” She suddenly became nervous.

 

“He’s here. The jerk’s been waiting for you outside since he helped me brought you here. I did my best to shoo him away but he’s persistent. Very persistent. I tried to show him my Bominator’s side but it’s ineffective. Listen Dara-yah, I’m sorry. I know you don’t want him here but I don’t know what to do. He keeps insisting you’re his fiancée. I don’t know what to do. It’s Sajangnim’s order that he should be here. I’m sorry.” The sincerity of her voice can be felt but she was dumb.

 

*He’s here. I’m not dreaming. I’m no longer dreaming. He’s here for real. Screw me!*

 

“Bommie! W-what am I gonna do?” She suddenly became helpless. Maybe he had that effect on her. He makes her lose herself in an instant. She suddenly don’t know what to do.

 

“Dara, you have to tell me honestly. Is he really your fiancée?” She always dreaded that question. Telling everyone he’s related to him was the hardest thing to do. But she can’t do anything about that. Bom knows if she’s telling the truth or not so she should just tell her the truth. She deserves to know even if it pains her to say that.

 

“Y-yes.”

 

“H-how?” Bom’s curiosity was triggered by that one simple response.

 

“I c-can’t tell you for now. But I will make sure he’ll never be in the future. He’s just my fiancée for now but he’ll definitely won’t become my husband In the future.”

 

“It’s really complicated now, Rabbit. I don’t know what to do also. Maybe you should talk to him.”

 

“No!! Never! Bommie, can I just jump from this building? Quick! Help me get some ropes. Maybe I could escape from the window!” She panicked. She paced back and forth, hoping to find the rope, thinking that could save her from this situation.

 

“Bommie! Don’t just stand there! Help your bestfriend! Come on! It’s not the time to stand still! “She chanted. She still kept on pacing back and forth.

 

“Dara. We’re on the 8th floor of this building. You just can’t escape like that.” Bom called but Dara was emerged into her own world.

 

“Dara.”She called again, louder this time. But again, she was ignored.

 

“DARAAAA!!!” She shouted and this time, the lone rabbit looked at her with wide eyes.

 

“What?!Bommie! I’m trapped! I don’t know what to do!” She sat on the bed, feeling dejected. She lost. She’s definitely can’t escape this now.

 

“You have to talk to him. You should.”Bom looked at her, indicating that she’s serious.

 

“No! I won’t. I c-cant!” She stuttered while answering.

 

“But you have to. This situation calls for that. He’s been waiting for three hours since you passed out. And Sajangnim ordered that you should talk to him or else he’ll deal with us.” She was silent.

 

She kept on weighing her options.

She can’t talk to him now. Not when they will debut tomorrow.

Oh goodness! Why is this happening to her?

 

“Bommie?! Please I c-can’t. Can’t you just talk to him and say I’m not in the mood to talk and that I’m still feeling a bit sick?”

 

“Fine. I’ll talk to him outside. I hope he’ll listen to me.” She smiled as soon as she heard that.

 

“Thanks Bommie!!! You’re the best!”She said and hugged her tight.

 

“Stop! You’re suffocating me Rabbit! I’ll talk to him and wait here, okay?” She raised her thumbs up, indicating that it’s okay with her.

 

She waited for her best friend like she’s on her death row.

She kept on biting her nails. She’s nervous. She hoped that their talk could go well.

 

The door creaked then came a disheveled Bom. She looked flustered.

 

“What happened? Did he listen to you? Say something!” She shake her, demanding some answers from her. But the voice that came after isn’t what she expected to here.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I think it’s best that we should talk, princess.” Said the voice she knew too well.

 

“B-bommie… “ She looked at her bestfriend but she refused to meet her eyes.

 

“Bom, right? Can you leave us for a minute? My fiancée and I had a lot to talk about.” He looked at her bestfriend with penetrating gaze.

 

“Y-yes. I’ll just go outside and buy some corn. I guess I got hungry all of a sudden. Kekeke” She hurriedly looked for the exit.

 

Soon, she left the room.

 

They were inside the room. Unusual silence can be felt. She refused to acknowledge his presence. But he made sure she can’t just to that.

 

“So… “He began.

 

“What do you want, Seunghyun?” She tried her best to compose herself. She needed to act courageous in front of him. She can’t look weak.

 

“Oh, what happened to the Tabi you called me from before?”

 

“Cut the crap! Why are you here?!!!” She shouted.

 

“Feisty huh? You do know well what I want.” He said then sat in the nearest chair beside the bed. She kept on looking what he’s gonna do next.

 

“And you know what my answer to that. It still hasn’t changed.” She looked at him, hiding the fear from her eyes.

 

“But you don’t have the power over that. It was settled years ago. We will get married, whether you like it or not. You simply don’t have a say on that.” He spat those words with venom.

 

“You kept forgetting that I asked for five years of freedom. And by that freedom, I want to be away from you.” She said with dignity.

 

“Huh! Confident now, are we? Well, I guess you really don’t understand your situation right now.” He locked his gaze with her.

 

“What the hell did you mean? I understand this situation perfectly! I asked for freedom, my grandfather gave it to me and you don’t have a say on that. After five years then we’ll marry. End of story. What’s a lot to take in that? Maybe you are the one who don’t understand this because you kept on following me!” She shouted at him.

 

He smirked at her, which rendered her immobile. There’s something in his smirk that screams danger.

 

“Well, princess, didn’t your grandfather told you that the freedom you’re talking about was handed to me? When you asked for it, I talked to your grandfather. He’s hell bent that he would never let you out of his sight but I proposed a deal with him. I’ll give him the land that he badly wanted from me provided that I have a full control on you. He said yes of course. He wanted that land for years. So basically, he didn’t give you freedom. It was just a disguise into something more. Something more, like, handing you completely to me.” He finished his statement with pride.

 

“No! It’s not true! You lying, son of a bull!” She shouted.

 

*No! He’s lying. Dara, don’t believe him!*

 

“Well my princess, why else did you get to escape from that mansion easily? Your grandfather’s been locking you out for years but then he suddenly gave you freedom? Isn’t it a bit unusual?” Of course he had a point. He always had a point but I can’t be persuaded.

 

“But no, let’s not talk about that anymore. I want to talk to you about why am I here after two years.”

 

“I don’t care why you’re here. Just let me be.” She felt her patience’s getting thin. She can’t compose herself anymore.

 

“I’m afraid I can’t do that.” He looked at her with pity.

 

“What?”

 

“Because we’re getting married in two months” He said those statements like he’s stating some obvious fact.

 

“Hell No!!!!”She shouted. No way she’s gonna marry him that easily. The world may end for all she cares.

 

“Hell yes, princess. You’ll marry me. Oh and by the way, I heard your group will debut tomorrow? Am I right?”

 

“Don’t you dare touch them.” She glared at him. She could kill him right now.

 

“Easy princess. I’m just saying, what will they gonna do when they won’t get to debut because of you?” He said confidently.

 

“W-what do you mean?” She definitely didn’t like where this is going. It’s gonna be bad, she predicted.

 

“I can prevent you from debuting. You do know that my uncle is Hyun-suk. I can control his decision.”

 

“You can’t do that! Mr. Yang is a very righteous person. He’s always reasonable! He’ll never abandon us!” Mr. Yang won’t do that. She believes in him.

 

“But you’re forgetting some important fact, princess. I’m his nephew and he’s very family-oriented. I can give him a lot of reasons not to debut you. Trust me, I can pretty much convince him. He trusts me, you know.” He smirked. He knows she’s lost.

 

“Are you blackmailing me?” She stated as though it wasn’t quite obvious.

 

“Oh you could say that. Well, aren’t you bothered now? Did I successfully crumble your defenses?” He looked at her while walking towards her.

She walked backwards when she saw he’s advancing towards her. He stopped just right in front of her. They’re now dangerously close to one another. She definitely can feel his presence. He placed his hand on her back while leaning his lips on her ears.

 

“Now princess, listen to me very carefully. I’m sick and tired of our chase two years ago. I can’t play with you like before. I guess I’m getting impatient. So now, I better get straight to the point. Listen, princess. I have your freedom with me. I control you now. You can’t do anything about that. Whether I permit you to become the lowlife idol that you badly wanted, it’s up to me. Well, since I saw how you’re very much determined then I agree. I’ll allow you to debut. Don’t worry. But you won’t get to be in the dormitory like you always planned before. You’re living with me, in MY house.”

 

“What?!!! No way!!!” She tried to get out of his embrace but her resistance’s futile.

 

“You don’t have a say on that. But it’s up to you. I’m kind enough to give you a choice. It’s either, be an idol and live with me OR I’ll give you the freedom to walk away from here, yes I won’t chase you BUT I’ll make sure your little friends won’t be peacefully living.”

 

“Don’t include them in this nonsense!” She shouted.

 

“Too bad they’re already included. The decision’s yours, my princess. You want to be an idol? I’m now allowing you.” He smirked.

 

He released her. He get something from his pocket and handed her a card.

 

“Here. Call me if you’ve decided. I’ll be leaving for now. But you should decide by tomorrow. You’re bringing your little friends' dreams with you, remember.” He winked at her then left her room.

 

She felt like drowning when he left. This is why she’s avoiding him at all cost. She can’t just have a conversation with him without feeling hopeless. But she can’t be weak at times like this. She better make her decision.

 

She sat on the floor while hugging her knees.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

*What to do now? Should I just surrender to him?*

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-------------------------------

I decided to cut my update from here.

Tomorrow's the continuation!

Enjoy the update!

Thanks for the support! :))