Chapter Eight

The Only One

 

“What do you mean you’re moving to Canada?”

 

Donghae blurt out the moment he heard what I said and got up almost immediately. I bit my lips knowing that he was getting a bit angry because I have never told him about my plans.

 

“Hae, I need to go”

 

I said, my words stutter out. I know I need to go. I can’t live here anymore. I just can’t. If I stay here, I can’t forget everything.

 

He glared at me.

 

“What? Go?! Why do you need to go? Why? Why do you need to leave me?”

 

He exclaim and I felt tears threaten to fall down. I took a deep breath as I said, “Please understand me Hae” but he glared even more at me.

 

“Understand? You think I would understand? Tell me why should I understand?!”

 

He shout and I felt my body trembling. I blink back the tears that was threatening to fall down but failed somehow. A few trickle down my cheeks as I cupped my face in my hands.

 

“Please, I can’t live here anymore. I just can’t”

 

I sob out and everything was silent somehow.

 

“I can’t move on like this. Every time I look at the house, I remember our memories. Our beautiful memories and that makes my heart ache and I can’t take it anymore. You told me to move on and this is the only way. I need to get away from here and forget about him, even I don’t want to”

 

I whisper as I hug my knees closer to my chest and buries my face in between. The bed dip slightly before I felt a pair of arms wrap around me. I lean against the other’s chest as I sob.

 

“I’m sorry Hae”

 

I whispered knowing how sad he would be feeling right then. He must felt like I would be abandoning him, just like what our parents did to us. I felt his lips on my forehead as I sob.

 

“No, it’s okay. If this is the only way for you to forget and move on then go”

 

He said and I nod.

 

“Just promise me you would be happy there with Hyunnie and promise me that you would call me five times a week. Let me visit you and never disappear from my life. You are the only family I have and I would not risk of losing you”

 

He said as he sob lightly and I nod knowing that there was only the two of us against the world. I too can’t lose Donghae because he is the only one I have right now.

 

“I promise”

 

He softly kiss my lips and his soft lips lingered there for a while before he pull away. He put our forehead together and pressed his body closer to mine. I could feel his heart beating so fast that I sigh knowing I wouldn’t feel the same to him.

 

“I’m sorry Donghae”

 

I whispered as I hug him, nuzzling my chin into his shoulder. I heard him sigh before he tighten his hold around me. I smile, glad that I have someone like Donghae in my life. I couldn’t bear the thought of losing him.

 

“Not, it’s okay”

 

I’m sorry Donghae

 


 

A month had past after the day when I told him about my departure. I decide to go when my pregnancy is on the first month seeming as the doctor said I couldn’t go around much for I have a risky pregnancy. My tummy grew a bit bigger and I gain quite a weight which had made me smile.

 

Everyday I would smile when I wake up and pat my tummy where my child is resting as I spoke to him softly. Donghae is always the caring guy. He had never gotten mad at me and is always over-protective. He also introduce the Hyukjae he liked. She was indeed beautiful and they look good together.

 

“Wookie, are you sure you’re going to be fine?”

 

He ask me for the umpteenth time making me roll my eyes.

 

“Haven’t I told you that I would be fine? Now, would you stop pestering me!”

 

I exclaim as I lightly glared at him. He laugh before nodding as his hand went to caress my tummy. I smile liking that Donghae is like a father to Hyunnie and he loves my son.

 

“I would miss you and Hyunnie”

 

He whispered softly and I sigh, blinking back the tears from coming at his words.

 

“I would miss you too”

 

I said and he look up at me. Our eyes met and soon I embrace him tightly as I sob, too scared to leave the place, to leave my birthplace, to leave Donghae.

 

While we were having our time, there was announcement that the passenger to Canada could board right then. Donghae pull away from the hug and put his hands on my shoulder. He lean down before pecking my lips softly and I smile. Somehow I was use to the kisses he gives me.

 

“Stop doing that okay” I said, “Hyukjae would be mad” I said once more and Donghae turn to look at Hyukjae who was just standing there doing nothing. I smile at her and she return back my smile.

 

“Hyukjae-shii, please take care of Donghae here okay” I said as I walk up to her and took her hands into mine. She gave a smile before nodding.

 

“And Donghae” I turn and took his hands into mine too. “Please be careful and don’t hurt yourself. I would send you Hyunnie’s photo okay and be a good boy”

 

I said and I saw tears glistening in his eyes. He smile before nodding. “Call me using hyung’s phone when you get there” he said and I nod.

 

I put their hands together and saw a light blush on each of their face. “Send me an invitation when you decide to get married okay” I said teasingly making Donghae glare at me.

 

“Yah!”

 

He said and we all laugh. After that I embrace both of them before making way towards the entrance. I wave them goodbye for the last time and got in sighing in nervousness.  

 

As I got inside the airplane, I went to my seat with a sigh. It wasn’t soon when they started boarding and the transport began to move. I gulp in nervousness as I slowly pat my stomach.

 

“It’s just you and me now Hyunnie, just you and me”

 

I whispered talking softly to my child.

 

It was just me and my baby now. Just the two of us.

 


 

So, did you like the chapter? You guys should be excited because Sungmin is going to appear soon!! YAY!!

Please comment and subscribe but mainly please comment. Tell me what do you think of the story. Is the plot too fast?

LOVE,

SnowyAngel