Chapter Sixteen

The Only One

 

“Ryeowook!”

 

She felt her body stiff the moment she heard that voice calling her name. she turn to where the it came from and froze when she saw him, looing straight at her from a few metres away. He had a really serious look on his face that her felt really nervous.

 

She knew what was coming.

 

“K-kyu”

 

She manage to stutter our his name and his eyes twitch lightly. That was a bad sign. His watch her making her nervous than ever.

 

“I’ve read your letter already”

 

He said, his voice sounded cold and everything around her seems to froze in spot as well. She could feel her body becoming stiff even more.

 

“Y-you did?”

 

She choked out .

 

“Yes”

 

Her lips quiver at how cold his voice was. She felt so scared, scared what would the outcome be. She knew, is she told him her feelings, their relationship would waver and he wouldn’t want to be her friend anymore. He would keep his distance with her.

 

“I’m sorry”

 

She whisper out, looking down onto the ground. She knew what he was going to say next : that he had never loved her and she doesn’t deserve his love as she’s just an orphan.

 

Somehow at that thought, she felt tears b. She whimper softly and cupped using her palms when sobbings came out. She doesn’t want to cry, she’s ready for this, right?

 

Just then she felt his hand pulling her and soon his warmth surround her. “Why are you crying?” he ask just as she started to sob even louder. He pull her chin up and their eyes meet. He use his thumb to wipe the tears away that was flowing down her cheeks.

 

She look into his eyes to dare herself and look for the anger within him. But all she saw was worriedness, calmness, and somehow, love.

 

“Kyu”

 

She called out his name. He let out a soft humm and look back into her eyes and smile. He slowly lean down and brush their nose together.

 

She gasp softly at how close they were.

 

“I love you too. Since the begginning, you were the one”

 

He said chuckling softly before pressing his lips onto hers. She was shocked, at what he did but when she felt his hands snaking around her waist, pulling her close to him, she close her eyes and enjoy the kiss. Her hands clutch onto his shirt.

 

After a few minutes, he pulled away and rest their forehead against each other. He smile as he caress her cheeks, gazing into her eyes. “Really?”

 

She whispered out and he nod.

 

“Really”

 

And he kiss her again.

 


 

I woke up abruptly, sweats running down my neck soaking my pajama. My heart was beating fast as I recall back what dream I had just befroe I woke up.

 

I choke back a sob.

 

No, I thought pulling a pillow and pressed it against my face. Why does it have to be about that? Why does it have to be about him?

 

Why can’t I forget him? Why can’t get him out of my head? And why do I still love him even after what he did to me?

 

Could it be because I have his child, growing inside me?

 

A smile came to my face as I place my hand on my tummy. “Hyunnie” I called out to him softly, “Mommy loves you” I continued, “And daddy would too if your daddy knows about you”

 

I chuckle softly, knowing that if he knew about my pregnancy, he wouldn’t have left. He might be bossing me around, telling me do’s and don’t’s.

 

He would have force me to stay in bed as he struggle to make a decent breakfast for me. He would do all the housework and told me he was fine even if he wasn’t.

 

Then at night, he would have his arms around me, caressing my tummy and told our child how much he love him. Then he would kiss me countless of times telling me how he love me too much and thank you for staying with him.

 

Thinking about him had me missing him.

 

I reach out for the drawer beside the bed and open it. There was a small box and I took it, opening it immediately. Inside revealed a ring, with a small diamond in the middle. His name was carved on the ring, our wedding ring.

 

I know I still love him and I wonder if he still does too. A part of me wish that he still does.

 

The door to the room opened and Jongwoon step in. He had a smile on his only to be replace with a frown upon seeing the ring.

 

“Ryeowook, what are you doing with that ring?”

 

He ask as he approach me. I beam as I showed him the ring.

 

“Oppa” I called him and he look at me with confused eyes, “Can you help me with something?”

 

“What is it?”

 

I smile.

 

“Can you buy me a chain so that I can use this ring like a pendant? I want to keep it close to me” he frown at me.

 

“Why would you want to keep the ring he gave you?” he ask me and I smile widely. I was expecting that already.

 

“It brings back memories” I said, “I know I promise you I would try and forget him but that needs tot ake time. I still love him and he is the real father of my child. With this ring with me, it makes me feel like he is still here. That he had never left me”

 

He snort and I frown at him.

 

“Oppa”I said warningly and he laugh raising his hands up like he was defeated. “Fine” he said taking the ring and grasp it softly. “I’ll do but maybe in a few days or so. I’m busy with things lately” he said and I nod.

 

“It’s okay” I said as I climb off the bed, groaning in pain softly. My head was starting to hurt a little.

 

“Now, can you help me to the kitchen?” I ask and he frown at me. “Why? Are you sick?” he ask frantically and put his palm against my forehead.

 

“Ryeowook! You’re having a fever!”

 

He exclaim and I lightly push his hand away.

 

“No” I retort, “I’m fne, I just want to eat then take a good rest” I said pouting at him and he look like he was about to protest.

 

“Please” I added and he sigh.

 

“Fine, lets go”

 

And I smile in satisfaction.

 


 

The house was quiet when we went down. I can’t see any oter soul except for the both of us. He help me to the kitchen and I sat on one of the stool.

 

“What do you want to have?”

 

He ask and I shook my head.

 

“Anything”

 

I said and he nod as he begin to work.

 

“Oppa, where is the others?”

 

I ask.

 

“Oh, I forgot to tell you. There’s noone at home today. Umma and appa is at Chine for a few days for some work, Kibum is out with Siwon for the wedding preparation”

 

He explain and I frown as I look at him from top to bottom.

 

“ And where are you going?”

 

I ask and he look down at himself, blushing lightly.

 

“Umma had set me up on a date with one of her friend’s daughter. She wants to get me married as fast as she can” he said and I laugh.

 

“Your younger is getting married yet you’re don’t even have a girlfriend” I said and he nod thoughtfully. “I don’t have any girlfriend as I’m in love with someone else yet I know she would never love me back”

 

He said looking at me and I bit lips knowing fully well what he was talking about.

 

Me.

 

The bad me who had not love him back.

 

“I’m sorry oppa” I said looking away and he laugh. “No, don’t say that. I’m moving on, that is why I agreed on this blind date. But I do have one small request from you”

 

He said and I look at him curiously.

 

“What is it?”

 

“Let me be Hyunnie’s godfather. So that he has a father figure” he said and I smile nodding.

 

“Okay, you are Hyunnie’s godfather even if you don’t want too anyways” I singsong and he laugh.

 

I love you oppa, I thought as he continue with the breakfast, please be the loveable oppa you always is.

 


 

The doorbell rang as I ate my breakfast. Jongwoon had made me fried rice as it smells really nice. But the moment he left, my appetite was gone.

 

The doorbell rang once more and I push myself off the chair. I felt reallylazy especially with my head throbbing.

 

I sigh as another doorbell came and I hurriedly drag my legs. I look at the projector to see who it was an widen my eyes.

 

It was Sungmin.

 

The first thing that came to my mind was : what is he doing here?

 

I push the open button and waited for him to come in. soon, he came through the main door and widen his eyes when he saw me.

 

“Ryeowook

 

I smile weakly.

 

“Sungmin”

 

It felt really awkward seeing this childhood bully looking really handsome and well-groomed. He look at me and chuckle softly.

 

“Did I woke you up?”

 

He ask and I raise a brow.

 

“What?” he smile.

 

“Nice attire” he said and i suspected sarcasm. I look dow at myself then I started to panic.

 

I was still in my pajamas!

 

He let out a soft chuckle.

 

“Don’t worry, I wont do anything to you. Can you show me where is Jongwoon-hyung’s studyroom?”

 

He ask and I nod. I slowly walk towards where it was, knowing that he was following me from behind. Suddenly, my head stings painly fully and I clutch onto the bars at the stairs. He came to my side worriedly.

 

“Are you okay?”

 

He ask me and somehow he sounded worried. Maybe it was my imagination? I turn to him and flash a smile.

 

“I’m fine don’t worry” I said, my voice sounded really convincing. But I know the truth is, I am trying to convince myself.

 

I am okay right?

 

He put his hand against my forehead and frown.

 

“You’re having a fever. Should I bring you to the doctor?”

 

He ask looking at me with worried eyes ans somehow something flash in front of my eyes. Somehow, the way he look really worried was like the way he had.

 

I shook my head aimlessly.

 

“I’m fine” I said as I climb  the stairs. “Just need some rest”


“Are yu sure you’re okay?”

 

He ask me and I nod. I smile at him.

 

“You can turn to the left and see the room at the end. That’s his studyroom. Now, will you excuse me. I need to go to my room”

 

“Ryeowook”

 

Just as I took another step, I knew I wasn’t okay.

 

I collapsed and he caught me even before I could collide with the stairs. My breathing became uneven as the whole room seems to be spinning.

 

“Ryeowook!”

 

He exclaim my name worriedly. He pat my cheeks, keeping me up.

 

Kyuhyun….

 

Then everything turned black.  

 


Hey guys! Sorry for not updating so long. this is the new chapter. hope you enjoy it! And i would update the next chapter tomorrow if i manage to finish typing it down. Thanks ^^ and please comments!!