Chapter Five

The Only One

 

The words were stuck at the back of my throat as I stared at the wall, my hand caressing my stomach. The words that the doctor had said lingered in my mind.

 

Baby …… pregnant…. One week…

 

I just still couldn’t believe it. Why? I ask to nobody. Why now? I thought. Why can’t I just found out about it sooner? Then this whole thing, the whole mess wouldn’t happen.

 

A hand was on my shoulder but I didn’t turn and kept staring out the window.

 

“Wookie, are you okay?”

 

I heard Donghae ask and I let out a sob. His arms was wrap around my shoulder and he pulled me close. I began to cry violently as he tried to persuade me to calm down.

 

“Baby, calm down honey. Don’t you pressure yourself”

 

He whispered but I began to sob even more. It just hurts me to know that I am pregnant, and the father of the child is the man who had divorce me just a day ago.

 

“How? Why? Why now?”

 

I choke out and he shushed me as I sob.

 

“How can I live like this? Why can’t I know this sooner? Why? Why?!”

 

I scream out as I sobs even more. Donghae just held me close as he made invisible circles on my back, knowing how awful I  would be feeling right at the moment.

 

“He left me because of me. He left me because I lost our child and now, right now… why is life so cruel? Why can’t I just die?!”

 

I sob out as I clung onto Donghae, regret and sadness all over me. No, I couldn’t believe this happen. I couldn’t believe that I am pregnant.

 

No, this shouldn’t be happening.

 

“Ryeowook, please calm down baby girl. Please,”

 

He begged as a few tears fell down his cheeks as I sob, clinging onto him. I wonder why is fate so cruel. When I was a baby, my parent left me at the orphanage. Students at school pestered me because I was parentless. Then I met you who had change my life completely. I thought you were my happy ending but I was wrong.

 

We got married secretly after two years together and the child I was bearing died inside me. You change completely since then. I thought that life isn’t that bad but I was wrong again this time. You divorce me and now, I am pregnant with your child once more.

 

And this isn’t suppose to be happening.

 


 

“Her pregnancy is at risk and she shouldn’t be getting any stress right now. It could be a danger to the baby. Besides, her uterus walls aren’t that strong. The baby could die any moment at any hard impact”

 

Dr. Park had said to Donghae making the man sigh.

 

“Can you give me a few advice on taking care of her? Tell me how to avoid a miscarriage”

 

Donghae said and the doctor sigh.

 

“She needs a lot of sleep and forget all about her problems. She also needs to eat healthy food that could give nutrient to the baby and do not let her go into depression”

 

He said and Donghae nod at the words. A silence took over them as Donghae was lost in his thoughts. He felt guilty about his friend. She was going through a lot of things and it hurts him to see her suffer.

 

“Mr. Lee, I am sorry to ask this but are you the husband of Mrs. Kim?”

 

The doctor voice out and Donghae shook his head.

 

“I wish I was”

 

He whispered which was soft but the doctor smile.

 

“Then may I know where is her husband Mr. Lee? Or any of her family members? I’ve never seen anyone else besides you coming in and out of her room”

 

The doctor state and Donghae nod.

 

“Yes well, she doesn’t have any family members. I am her best friend and the both of us are orphan and we stick together since we were small. Her husband just divorce her a few days ago”

 

He state and the doctor nod at Donghae’s words, guilt taking over him lightly.

 

“I am sorry to hear that. No wonder she is in a huge depression. How could a man destroy a girl’s life in a blink of an eye? Especially a fragile girl like Mrs. Kim”

 

The doctor muttered and Donghae sigh.

 

“I know and one day, I will kill the bastard”

 

He said and the doctor nod.

 

The door to the room was opened harshly and a nurse came in, panic shown all over her face.

 

“What’s wrong?”

 

The doctor ask as she pant lightly.

 

“It’s Mrs. Kim Ryeowook”

 

She said and Donghae look at her in surprise.

 

“What about her?”

 

He ask, panicking almost immediately. The nurse look at Donghae and turn to the doctor before looking back at the man. Dongha felt his heart beating fast as he heard the words of the nurse.

 

She’s missing

 


 

So guys, double update for the day. Like it? Please comment and subscribe if you want. Thank you to those who had comment at the fourth chapter. I know you would be hating Kyuhyun right now. Well, thank you for hating him because that was what I wanted.

But you'll love him soon, or maybe not.

And let me clear something, Ryeowook and Donghae are bestfriends. They are both orphans like what it says here and their love are like siblings, only Donghae's love for Ryeowook is more than a love for a sister.

Does that helps you? 

Now, I will stop my ranting. Enjoy the day and comments, *_* 

Love,

SnowyAngel