Chapter Seventeen

The Only One

 

He bit his lips as he fiddle with his fingers and glance at the emergency room from time to time. His heart was beating fast, thinking if she would be okay, if both would be okay. Sungmin let out a soft sigh as he wipe his face using his palm. He wonder what would come next.

 

Should he tell her his feelings right then?

 

“Sungmin!”

 

He turn when he heard his name and saw Jongwoon running towards him, sweats running down his forehead. “Hyung” he called out getting up from the chair he was sitting as the older approach him, panting lightly.

 

He look like he had run for a mile, he must be worried sick about her, he thought bitterly. And somehow he wonder what is their relationship.

 

“How is she? What happen?!” he exclaim almost immediately, grabbing Sungmin’s collar harshly. “she’s still in the ER! She fainted suddenly. I came to your house to send the report you wanted and she was alone!”

 

He exclaim, scared with Jongwoon’s outburst and the older bit his lips.

 

“I knew I shouldn’t have left her alone”

 

Jongwoon muttered under his breath and nod at Sungmin. “Thanks for being there Min. If not, I don’t know what would happen “

 

Sungmin sigh just as the doctor came out from the emergency center.

 

“I need to see Ryeowook Kim’s husband right now”  he said and both Jongwoon and Sungmin step up. The older look at the other daringly.

 

“Ryeowook Kim’s husband?”

 

The doctor called out once again and Jongwoon sigh.

 

“I’m her brother. This is her husband” he said, pushing Sungmin and the man widen his eyes. He look at Jongwoon, surprised but the man glared at him. He knew what that meant. The doctor sigh silently.

 

“I need to talk to you privately if you may”

 

he ask and Sungmin nod. Both him and Jongwoon followed the doctor to his office and took a seat.

 

“There is good news but there’s bad news too. Please be prepared to what I’m going to say” Jongwoon nod as he look at Sungmin. He nod as well.

 

“What is wrong with her?”

 

He ask.

 

“Mrs. Kim is carrying twins”

 

The doctor said and both Jongwoon and Sungmin widen their eyes.

 

“What?”

 

Jongwoon blurt out and the doctor smile at them. He nod at their reaction.

 

“Yes, congratulation. You’re going to have twins. But what I am concerned right now is her health. Did you and your wife had a fight recently?”

 

The doctor ask and Sungmin shook his head.

 

“No. it’s just that she’s sad about something and won’t tell me what is it” Sungmin lied casually and the doctor nod. Sungmin frown.

 

“What does this have to do with her health?”

 

Sungmin ask.

 

“Well, it matters as could get her depressed. Anyways, her body is really weak for right now. She lacks energy in her body like she hadn’t eaten for quite a while” Jongwoon bit his lips knowing that she hadn’t eaten quite a lot.

 

“Her body is exhausted without enough energy and that is why she fainted. She needs enough protein to maintain her body balance. Also I want to add is, because of her body state, the twins might not survive”

 

The doctor continued.

 

“What do you mean by that?!”

 

He shout, slamming his hands onto the table. His heart was beating fast, the thought of losing both child worry him a lot.

 

“Mr. Lee, please calm down. What I’m trying to imply is that the chances of both surviving is slim but the chance of one dying is also huge. Maybe, both would survive but there would be bits of health problem with either one of them. Her uterus is really weak”

 

The doctor explain and Sungmin nod, thought the worriedness he feels isn’t decreasing even a bit.

 

“I want you to get her eat a lot. Force her if you have to. Do anything to get her to eat and get her to take a brief walk so she could get fresh air”

 

The doctor said and both Sungmin and Jongwoon note that.

 

“But right now, I’m having her in the here so that we could supervise her condition”

 

Sungmin nod just as Jongwoon got up.

 

“Thank you doctor. We’ll be going now, if there is anything wrong, please tell us”

 

And soon the both of them were gone.

 

As they walk to her room, Sungmin and Jongwoon was quiet. They didn’t know what to say. “Hey Min, thanks for being Wookie’s husband for a while”

 

Jongwoon said first and Sungmin chuckle nodding at him.

 

“She need someone to be her husband and I think you’re perfect for that” Jongwoon said and Sungmin nod at him.

 

“It’s okay hyung. If you want me to be her husband till the twins are born, I wouldn’t mind”

 

Sungmin said and Jongwoon eyed him.

 

“You like he a lot, don’t you”

 

He said and Sungmin nod.  “ I like her since we were kids. Only, I haven’t got her because I was too late and too stupid”

 

Jongwoon nod at his words.

 


 

“Oppa, what’s wrong with my Hyunnie?”

 

I immediately ask the moment Jongwoon and Sungmin came into my room. Jongwoon had a soft smile on his face. Sungmin stood against the wall as he look at the both of us. I bit my lips at the way he was staring at me.

 

Jongwoon smile at me widely.

 

“Congratulation  Wookie”

 

The moment he said that, I was confused. Seeing my confused face, he laugh and pinch my cheeks. “Why don’t we let your husband tell you himself?”

 

Jongwoon suggest and I got confused even more. Sungmin look at Jongwoon confused.

 

“Husband?”

 

The first thing the word husband means to me was Kyuhyun.

 

“Yes, pretend husband. Sungmin”

 

I was disappointed. Somehow I thought that Kyuhyun would be here and wants me to come back to hm. I’m so stupid, I thought.

 

“Why me, hyung? Why can’t you tell her yourself?”

 

Sungmin protest but Jongwoon was persistent.

 

“Vincent Lee, just tell her!”

 

Sungmin groan but nonetheless, he complied. He walk to me side and smile at me.

 

“Ryeowook”

 

I nod at him, wanting to hear what he is saying.

 

“You’re…..” he stop in his words and I glared at him.

 

“What is it?” I ask, impatient to know what is wrong with me and my Hyunnie.

 

He laugh and nod, “You’re carrying twins” he said and somehow everything around me froze suddenly. Twins? Two Hyunnie? 

 

“You okay?”

 

Sungmin ask me and I look at him. I bit my lips and nod.

 

I’m carrying twins, there’s two of them growing inside me, two Hyunnie, two mini figure of me and Kyuhyun.

 

I was grasp out of my thoughts when I felt someone holding my hand and I realize it was Sungmin. Using his thumb, he wipe the tears from my cheeks, the tears that I hadn’t realize was there. He took me in his arms and I clutch onto him.

 

“You have to follow what I’m telling you. No protesting”

 

He said and I laugh.

 

“Why should I?”

 

I ask and he gave me a smirk.

 

“I’m your husband from now on”