Chapter Seven

The Only One

 

“Ryeowook, come on and get some food inside you already”

 

Donghae had begged me when he saw me staring at the food that was placed in front of me. Instead of eating it, I was playing around with the food making him angrier. I gave him an apologetic smile.

 

“Hae, I’m sorry but I’m not hungry”

 

I said earning a frown from him. He scoot the chair closer to my bed and took a spoonful of the McDonald chicken soup he bought for me.

 

“Before I get mad at you, you better eat this”

 

He said trying to threaten me but I knew that was impossible. He was never the one to get mad at me. The last time he got mad was when he knew I was dating him and we wanted to get married. That was also the day I found out he likes me but I tried to ignore it.

 

“Baby girl, come on, just a spoonful”

 

He said begging me that had me quite guilty.

 

“Hae, I’m not hungry”

 

I said but he frown at me.

 

“Wook, you need to take care of yourself and your baby. You need to eat so that you can stay healthy always and ensures that your baby would be born”

 

I gulp down the tasteless saliva but nod at his words. My hands slowly went to my stomach and a soft smile came to my face knowing that my child is growing inside me. And I know I couldn’t afford another lost.

 

“Fine,”

 

I said and he nod feeding me the food. I smile as he kept feeding me. It felt really happy that someone actually cares about you. I was really happy to know that Donghae is always there for me, when I am in pain, sadness and grieve. He loves me and I love him.

 

Stay with me forever Donghae, I thought as I look at his face that was decorated with a beautiful smile.

 

Smile like that forever

 



 

A few days later

 

“Wookie”

 

I heard a knock on the door and I mumble out a ‘come in’. The door open revealing a wide smiling Donghae at the entrance. I chuckle at the sight of him. He was soaked wet and I knew he just tried to wash the laundries.

 

“Hae, you’re soaking wet”

 

I state out and he nod, grinning widely.

 

“I know”

 

He said as silence took over us.

 

“How are you?”

 

He ask me and I smile.

 

“I’m feeling much better. Thanks for your concern, Hae” I said and he pout before taking a seat at the side of the bed. He took my hands into his and stare into my eyes deeply.

 

“I will always care for you Wookie. How is Hyunnie?”

 

He ask me as he put his palm on my stomach that was barely seen making me smile. Hyunnie was the name that I would start to call my child for now on. I love the name and Donghae supported me to. Until he was born, I would call him Hyunnie.

 

“He’s fine”

 

I said and Donghae raise a brow.

 

“He? How can you know  the gender now?”

 

He ask and I gave him a light smile. “Mother instinct Hae, mother instinct” I said earning a laugh from him. Somehow I could see joy in his eyes and the joy wasn’t just the same joy he always had. I felt really curious.

 

“Hae” I called him. He look at me, weirdly.

 

“What?”

 

He ask and I bit my lips not knowing if I should ask or not.

 

“Why are you so happy today?”

 

I ask making his cheeks turning a deep shade of red making me curious even more. Was it what am I thinking?

 

“Did something happen?”

 

I ask and I saw him hesitate. He was about to shook his head but then maybe he change his mind and he nod, his head looking down and I saw a soft smile coming to his face. His cheeks were tainted red and I grin.

 

“You met a girl didn’t you?”

 

I ask feeling so happy for this best friend of mine. He bit his lips but soon he nod. I squeal as I threw my arms around him hugging him tightly.

 

“Oh my gosh, I’m so happy for you”

 

I said and he gave a light smile at me.

 

“Tell me about her”

 

I said and he dared himself to look at me.

 

“Her name is Hyukjae but people call her Eunhyuk or Hyukkie. She is a new teacher in the kindergarten and she teaches the student dance. She is a year older than me  but she acts like a child. I'm just happy because she had talked to me just now even if it was just for a moment”

 

He said, his eyes soften when he mentioned her and I smile knowing that my best friend is in love with the girl. I pat his shoulder lightly.

 

“I should introduce her to you and get a green light first, shouldn’t i?”

 

He teased and I sigh. Soon I dared my eyes to look back at him.

 

“Hae, I need to tell you something”

 

I said and he look at me, a bit confused.

 

“What is it Wookie? Don’t tell me you’re going to tell Kyuhyun about your pregnancy”

 

He said, his eyes getting wide. I smile and shook my head. For the last few days, I had been thinking. I would never return back to that bastard and we would never get back together.

 

“No, but it’s important”

 

I said and he nod.

 

“Hae, I’m going away”

 

I said and felt his body froze. I sigh as I continue with my words.

 

“I’m moving to Canada”