Chapter Fifteen

The Only One

 


 

“She’s the one isn’t she?”

 

Siwon ask when he entered Sungmin’s room that night. The man look up from his laptop and smile at his cousin before nodding.

 

“It’s been long since I’ve seen her again”

 

He said and Siwon chuckle knowing what his cousin had went through.

 

“You’ve been looking for her quite long. You finally found her, but not in the best condition though” Siwon said and Sungmin sigh.

 

“Whoever the bastard is, I’m going to kick his ”

 

He said and Siwon laugh, patting his cousin’s shoulder.

 

“I know you would. I’ll help you too”

 

Sungmin snort and roll his eyes. Siwon? Kicking someone’s ? Quite a new scene for him.

 

“She’s going through a lot Sungmin. Seeing her last night also had my heart ache. She looks like a broken angel that is needed to be protected. I hope you can do that”

 

He said and Sungmin nod.

 

“I hope so too”

 


 

A sigh left my lips as I lean against the bed frame thinking over and over gain on what has happen for today. Lee Sungmin, his name had ran through my head for almost the whole night. I couldn’t sleep. The last words he had said to me had been ringing in my ears.

 

‘I hope to see you again Ryeowook’

 

It occurred to me that my heart was beating fast and I don’t know why it’s like that. Why so? Why am I like this? What had happen to me?

 

“You’re getting crazy Ryeowook. You don’t need anything in your life” I had said to myself, trying to convince myself.

 

“You have everything already even if the man you love left you. You have your family, your Donghae and soon, your son”

 

I continued as my hand slowly went to my stomach and caress it softly. I am almost two months already yet I’m not showing. Sometimes I was worried that I wasn’t pregnant, yet I was. Even if I had lost Kyuhyun, my child is a part of him and having a part of him growing inside me had made me strong. I am living because of my child.

 

“Crazy”

 

I muttered to myself as my thoughts threw away Sungmin and went to Kyuhyun. Hadn’t I promise myself to never think about him? Then why is he in my mind.

 

I sigh softly as I buried my face into the pillow. I admit it, I miss him. I do miss him. And I admit it that I do want to reverse things so that I would never had met him. But I also wish I had met him. He was the one that showed me love and also the one who had made me broken.

 

Yet, I miss him.

 

“How are you Kyuhyun?”

 

I ask to myself thinking about how he would lead his life without me. What had happen to him after the divorce? Did he move on? Had he manage to find someone better?

 

The thought of him with someone else had made tears threatening to fall. Then I would harshly wipe my tears and scold myself for crying about him. I let out yet another heavy sigh hoping that it could stop me from sobbing.

 

“I hope you’re fine Kyuhyun”

 


 

A man in a black coat covering his face slowly walk through the snow. He stops for a while when he notice a couple sitting on one of the bench holding each other’s hand as they gaze at each other’s eyes lovingly. He knew that sight. He use to do that too. With her.

 

A sigh left his lips.

 

He was supposed to protect her, care for her, love her no matter what. Yet, he hurt her in every possible way.

 

“Kyuhyun!”

 

A small smile came to his face when he saw the man in blond call him. He made his way to the man. “Hyung”

 

Hankyung scoff when he saw his little brother’s condition. He was worse from what he had thought. Stupid, he thought, he’s just stupid.

 

“You look worse”

 

He plainly said and Kyuhyun shoot him a look.

 

“Thank you hyung. You look fine. How is Chul?” he ask asking about Hankyung’s wife. A smile came to the older’s face and Kyuhyun felt jealous.

 

“She’s just having a rest. You know, she’s tired especially after giving birth. Oh, we got twins. we name them Yifan and Yixing. Xiao Lu has been a bit jealous”

 

Kyuhyun nod mindlessly knowing that the other just got himself another children. He wonder if Ryeowook hadn’t had the miscarriage. Maybe right now he could be holding her and help her with the huge stomach. And a few months later he could be carrying his child, girl or boy, he doesn’t care. As long as the baby is his child, he would love them.

 

“Maybe you could come and visit. You know, you can be uncle Kyu”

 

Hankyung offered and Kyuhyun thought for a while. Maybe it was nice but maybe not a good idea. Heechul would definitely kill him.

 

“Chul would kill me”

 

He said and Hankyung just let an ‘ah’ knowing the reason why. What comes after was a silence. There was nothing they want to talk about. They just meet for a while to see each other’s achievement.

 

“Did you regret it? Divorcing her? Hurting her?”

 

Hankyung suddenly ask and Kyuhyun froze. Did he? Had he ever regret everything he had done to the girl he had promise to love? Somehow he couldn’t answer it. The words were stuck at the back of his throat. There was only one thing in his mind,

 

Does he regret it?

 

“Do you Kyuhyun?”

 

Kyuhyun sigh as he buried his face in his hands.

 

“I don’t know hyung”