Chapter One

The Only One

 

A year ago, you said you loved me and proposed to me.

A year ago, I accept your proposal and we got married at the lawn behind your house.

A year ago was when you stand up against your parents especially your mother only to marry me.

A year ago was when we exchange our vows and only death can do us apart.

A year ago was when you had promised me that you would love me forever.

 

Now a year later, I realized  that I had to face reality. Reality that hurts me a lot and the cause is you. A reality that I wish wouldn’t happen and that had made me wanted to stay in my dreams where everything I want comes true.

 

Because a year later, nothing stays the same.

 


 

I stared as you sat at the chair across me and took out the content of the paper in the folder you were holding. My heart beat fast as you slide it nearer to me and I gulp down the tasteless saliva. I look at the paper that wrote ‘DIVORCE’ and my heart stop.

 

I remembered the day when you ask for a divorce. That was a week ago. I thought you were joking because you came home drunk and told me that. But then the next day, you ask for the same thing. I expect you to ask for a divorce but my hopes were high. I was hoping that you would snap out of it and remind yourself that you still love me.

 

“Why?”

 

I manage to choke out as tears threaten to fall. You sigh as you lean your back against the chair and cross your arms. “Ryeowook, we both know that this would happen right? So, just go and sign those damn papers and set me free”

 

You said like a total bastard you are and I bit my lips.

 

“Can’t w-we think about it first?”

 

I ask, my voice cracking slightly. You look at me and raise a brow. “Think? What do we need to think? I don’t need a wife like you anymore and you don’t need this man as your husband right? Now, sign these papers because you don’t need a bastard man like me in your life”

 

You said and I choke back another sob. With trembling hands, I reach out for the pen and harshly scribble it on the paper, signing my name there.

 

When I was finish, you took the paper and put it back into the folder before getting up. “What happen to us Kyuhyun?” I ask as I look at you, not managing to hold back the tears anymore. You stop in your track and I heard you sigh before turning to face me.

 

“What happen Kyu? Haven’t you promised me you would love me forever and nothing can break us? What happen to the promise?”

 

I ask you as I cried. You sigh before walking nearer to me and wipe the tears away, bending your body slightly. I stare into your eyes, trying to find him, the Cho Kyuhyun, that once was mine, the once that had love me and treat me like a precious germ.

 

“Is it because of what happen two months ago? Is it because we lost what we expected to have?”

 

I ask, choking on my words and you nodded your head slightly. I suppressed another sob as you bend down and kiss my forehead. I grab onto your hand that was on my shoulder and tightly held it.

 

“W-we can give it a try again, right? You can give us a chance right?”

 

I ask you but you shook your head. “I’m sorry but I can’t anymore Ryeowook. Nothing is the same anymore. We fell out of love for each other and I don’t want to stay with someone I don’t love anymore” you whispered and I fell into a crying mess. I clutch onto your arms.

 

“Can’t you just remember back our memories together and stay for a while? Can’t you just decide to give us a chance and if you still don’t love me, then we can get a divorce”

 

“I hope you would lead a good life without this man Ryeowook. Forget me and move on. We are going to go separate ways from this moment”

 

You whispered as you let me go. I reach out for you as the tears that covered my eyes were blurry making me hard to see you.

 

“Kyuhyun, come back”

 

I called out but you were getting further away from me.

 

“Kyuhyun!”

 

I called out but you were gone, from my sight, from me. Slowly I fell onto my knees and I cried out loud. There was nothing else in my mind but you. I want you back, to be with me, your arms wrap around me securely as you sing a lullaby to me. I want you back but I knew that wouldn’t happen.

 

Because I Kim Ryeowook, just lost you, Cho Kyuhyun, forever. And you were right, nothings stays the same anymore.