Chapter twenty

The Only One

 

“I do not know what will happen when we’re there”

 

Ryeowook says as she lean against my shoulder and I smile, brushing the hair that fall onto her face. we were on the aeroplane, Jongdae, Jongin and Joonmyun sitting across me, Ryeowook and Jongwoon. Jongwoon and the twins were asleep while Joonmyun was awake alongside me and Ryeowook. The boy had decide that reading is better than sleeping.

 

“Are you scared?” I ask her and she let out a soft sigh and nod her head. She wasn’t the only one because I was scared too.

 

There is a lot of risk coming back to Korea. The risk of meeting the twin’s father and losing Ryeowook. The chances were high and although I never want to admit it, I knew that a part of Ryeowook still loves her ex-husband.

 

“I’m not sure if I should tell the twins father about them” she voice out and I smile. “Maybe you should. He is their father after all” I say but she shook her head. She was reluctant to do so. “I’m scared of losing my boys”

 

 

“Why would you lose them? You are their mother, Ryeowook. No one can take them away from you” I say trying to calm her down and she sigh. A silence took over us as we relax. I look out the window and saw the lights from the city of Seoul.

 

“We’re here” Ryeowook whisper and soon a landing announcement was made. I nod at her words. “We’re going to meet Donghae after this. He told me about his daughter that he had recently adopted. I told you about her didn’t i?” Ryeowook ask as she smile so brightly that her eyes shone.

 

I laugh and nod.

 

“Sehun wasn’t it?” I ask and Ryeowook nod at me. “Donghae send me a picture of her. She’s so cute Sungmin! I want her as my daughter-in-law. She should either marry Jongdae or Jongin!” she had clasp her hands together and I chuckle at her words. “Don’t  you think it’s still too early to think about marriage for them?” I say and she pout at me. I laugh once more before pinching her cheeks.

 

“Talking about marriage, should we have ours here?” she says and I widen my eyes at her suggestion. “You want to marry me?” I stupidly say and she frown at me.

 

“No I don’t. of course I do Lee Sungmin! Then why did you think I accepted you proposal seven years ago?” she says and I smile pulling her into my arms.

 

 

“My parents are in Korea. They really want to meet you and the twins again. Maybe we can start planning our wedding?” I suggest and she agreed, resting her head against my chest. Ï would love to.”

 

“Maybe we could start looking for your parents?” I suggest another and she look at me, blinking her eyes innocently. Then she look away that made me felt guilty. “I have parents already Sungmin. You’ve met them already”  she says but I shook my head. “I meant your biological parents, Ryeowook”

 

 

She shook her head almost immediately. “ They abandon me Sungmin. They left me when I was only a baby. How can someone be so cruel to abandon a baby? That is a sign that I am a burden to them so why should I look for them?”

 

I shook my head, disagreeing with what she said. “You may not know the reason why they left you. Like you said, how can someone leave  a baby, right?”

 

 

Ryeowook wasn’t on the same page as me. “Whatever reason, I don’t want to know. I shouldn’t keep my hopes high anyways” that was the end of our disagreement. We watch as the aeroplane land and I thought, we’re here.

 

 

“For the record, I still want Sehun as my daughter-in-law”

 


 

I watch as both Jongdae and Jongin ran around, their backpacks on their back. Joonmyun stood beside me, too engrossed in the story book he was reading. Sungmin and Jongwoon were both busy taking the luggage and that left me to chase the twins.

 

“Boys, can you sit still please?” I ask and the both of them look at each other before they ran up to me with a cry of ‘umma’.  I frown at both my sons. “Umma, me and Jongdae wants to drink” jongin cry out clinging onto my legs. I reach down and took Jongin into my arms just as Sungmin scoop Jongdae and put him on the pile of luggage that was on a trolley.

 

 

“Of course baby. But you have to sit still or no drinks for you and your brother” Jongin nod obediently. We began our walk to the arrival area and I scan for Donghae. That was when I heard a cry “Ryeowook!” I smile widely when I saw Donghae waving his arms frantically with a boy clinging onto his neck.

 

That must be Chanyeol, I thought as I made way to him. The boy was on his back, arms around his neck as he lean his head against Donghae’s shoulder. Jongin found the position fun. “Umma, can you carry me like that?” my son ask and I shook my head with a stern no.

 

 

“Donghae! I miss you!” I cry out as we hug each other tightly, Jongin in between. The boy whine and clings onto me even more.

 

“Appa, can you carry me like that?” Jongdae had ask looking at Sungmin and my fiancée nod. Without any problem, he got Jongdae on his back and the boy smile widely. That action had Jongin jealous but he couldn’t do anything.

 

“Sungmin hyung, it’s been a long time” Donghae says shaking Sungmin’s hands and both men laugh. “Yeah, two month wasn’t it?”

 

 

Donghae then turn to Jongwoon and they embrace each other. Jongwoon then present Joonmyun with a short, “My son, Joonmyun” with a little proudness in his voice. Donghae smiles fondly and says He’s like you too

 

“This is Chanyeol guys. Chanyeol, say hi!” he ushered the boy who stared at us drowsily. “H-hello” we all laugh. “He just woke up. Still drowsy from sleep”

 

“How old is he?” I ask.

 

“6. Come on. Let’s go to my house. Hyukkie made a lot of food for you guys and I know you’ll be really excited to meet Sehun. She was sleeping when left” Sungmin laugh.

 

“Ryeowook has been excited. Keeps telling me that she wants Sehun as he daughter-in-law” I elbow Sungmin on the ribs softly and send him but that didn’t really scare him. Sungmin cheekily smile at me while Donghae laugh.

 

“Of course! Just as long as neither boys hurt my baby girl”

 


 

She lean against my chest as we both sat on the sofa. The movie Percy Jackson and the lightning thief is playing on the tv and it made me wonder how many times have I watch this. I have lost count however.

 

“Eleven, daddy. Eleven times” my daughter says as if she could know what I was thinking. I smile and thought how much Kyungsoo love this movie. “Daddy, are you working tomorrow?” Kyungsoo had ask and I had nod, reluctantly.

 

“Yes princess. Daddy is busy. Why?” I ask and she frown making me frown. I don’t like it when my daughter is sad. So I pull her onto my lap and hug her tight, playing with the strands of her hair.

 

“What’s wrong baby?” I ask but she shook her head turning to face me and buried her face into the fabric of my clothes. I know there is something wrong with my daughter but she wouldn’t tell me. “Kyungsoo miss daddy. Daddy is always busy and Kyungsoo never sees daddy”

 

I blink as my daughter sob silently against my chest, guilt running up my spine. I realize that what she said was true. I’ve been too busy that I rarely spend time with her.

 

“How about this? Daddy has a meeting at COEX tomorrow and you and Minseok can follow. After the meeting, you and me can go shopping?” I suggest and she look up at me her eyes shining brightly thought there were tears at the edge of her eyes.

 

 

“Can we?” and I nod that had Kyungsoo squealing so loudly in happiness. She threw her arms around me. I laught at the sudden change of attitude in my daughter, my mind telling me how wonderful tomorrow is going to be. Then my phone rang that had me reach out for it and look at the id caller. My mother.

 

As I answer the phone with a short “Yeah?’, Kyungsoo had made herself comfortable on my lap. I smile.

 

 

“Kyuhyun, did you know that your bestfriend is here for good?” my mother start without saying all the s that parents say to their children when they call. Like I care anyways.

 

“Vincent? Yeah, I’m meeting with him later after this” I say and my mother let out a hum of agreement. “Why don’t you meet him now? You could get the deal with his company rather than doing stupid things. You do know how important his company is to ours right?” My mother says and I sigh.

 

“I know. But I think he just arrive and he needs some time to adjust here. Besides, I’m with my daughter right now and you’re interrupting us” I say, annoyed. I heard my mother snicker.

 

“ The trash? Kyuhyun, how many times do I have to tell you to get rid of her? She’s just trouble” I growl as I ushered Kyungsoo to close her ears. She needs not to know what we’re talking about.

 

“Ma, she’s my daughter” I manage to say but she nsickers again.

 

“The tricked you into marrying her and left you with that piece of trash. She’s not your flesh blood and isn’t accepted into the family no matter what” my mother says and my blood begans to boil.

 

“I don’t care” I say but she laugh. “I didn’t raise you to take care of someone else’s daughter. I raise you so that you can take over the company. Listen to your mother Kyuhyun”

 

“The last time I did, I lost the woman I love the most. And I really regret doing so. I really regret it and I wish I can turn back the time. Why would I want to follow your words again?”

 

“If that trash you married before gave you a child, you wouldn’t be stuck with this new trash” she says and I got really angry. “Ryeowook isn’t a trash and so is Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo is my daughter wether you like it or not!” I end the call.

 

I was breathing heavily because I wasn’t breathing properly throughout the call. Tears roll down my cheeks, tears I didn’t realize was there until I barely manage to calm down. Kyungsoo reach over and wipe my tears away.

 

“Daddy don’t cry” she says and I pull her into my arms. She hug me, patting my back like an adult.

 

“Daddy is sorry you have to listen to all of these” I say but she shook her head.

 

“It’s okay daddy. Daddy has Kyungsoo and Kyungsoo loves daddy”

 

My daughter is an angel. I am blessed to have her in my life. And I know, Kyungsoo is my daughter and no one can take her from me. Not even my own mother.