Chapter Thirteen

The Only One

 

It was two days later, I was sitting on the bed reading a children’s book when suddenly the door open and Kibum stride in. her hair was wet and she was wearing a white robe, I assume she just got out of the bathroom. But somehow here was something different about her. She looks more lighten. She also had a white dress on her hand with a wide smile on her face.

 

“Wookie, change into these now. We need to go out”

 

She had said hanging the dress in the wardrobe before pulling me off the bed. I frown at her antic and turn to her, feeling really curious.

 

“Why? And why are you so happy?”

 

I had to beam at her and she giggle.

 

“Am I that obvious?” she ask and I nod, still not knowing the reason why she’s so happy. “Well…” she breath in deeply, “Tonight we’re having dinner with Siwon”s  family and the parents are going out to talk about the marriage. You need to come”

 

I frown at her.

 

“Why?”

 

She frown at me.

 

“You need to come. I need you there.” She said whining slightly and I laugh. “Fine” I has said as I took the dress from her when she hand it out to me.

 

“It’s a new dress I bought for myself but I couldn’t wear it coz I bought the wrong size. You can take it Wookie” she said and I inspect the dress in my hand. The dress felt smooth against my hand and I knew this dress must be really expensive.

 

“Do you mind?”

 

I ask and she laugh softly.

 

“Yes, that’s why I’m giving it to you” she said ,sarcastic, and I scoff. “Dress yourself up, Ryeowook. Be a princess tonight. Let’s be the two princess we use to be”

 

She said with a smile and I nod.

 

“Sure then, let’s be the most beautiful princess”

 

I know I want to dress myself up. I want to wear this beautiful dress before I start showing. Till then, I could wear anything I want. When she was gone I immediately went to work. It was a rare occasion for me to dress myself up and make myself looks beautiful because he doesn’t like it when I do that. He was scared that guys would look at me and steal me away.

 

I sigh as I shook my head.

 

 No, get him off my mind!

 

After pampering myself in the tub for almost an hour, I got out and began to apply lotions on my skin. I smile when I saw different type of make up on the dressing table. I soon apply light make up on my face as I don’t like to wear them too hick anyways. After applying the makeup, I wore the dress and I smile when I saw how it looks good on me. Not that I’m exaggerating but really, it show my curves.

 

When I was done, I look at myself in the mirror and couldn’t believe the sight. I was beautiful. It has been long since I made myself but I felt really happy.

 

The door to my room was knock and open revealing Jongwoon who was wearing a black tuxedo looking really handsome. He was busy buttoning his shirt that he didn’t realize me.

 

“Wookie, it’s time to go. Are you r- “

 

He froze on his spot when he look up. He wasn’t blinking and I blink at him, feeling really awkward that this man is staring at me.

 

“Oppa” I call him but he stood there frozen. “Are you an angel?” I heard him say and I felt my cheeks heat up at his words.  Seriously oppa, seriously?

 

“Oppa, I’m not an angel okay. It’s me, Ryeowook”

 

I said and he blink at me for a few times before a smile came to his face.

 

“You’re Ryeowook? My baby?”

 

He ask stupidly and I began to laugh at his words. How could he be so funny? Slowly I nod and began to walk towards him.

 

“So how do I look?” I ask twirling around slightly. But I was clumsy and I trip on my own legs. I close my eyes for the impact to come but then instead, I felt a pair of arms wrap around me and pull me up. When I look up, my eyes meet his and notice how close we were. I could feel his breath against mine.

 

“Be careful, you could have drop and get horrible in your condition”

 

He said patting my lower abdomen and I scramble from his arms, my cheeks heating up even more. I smile at him before pecking his cheeks.

 

“Gomawo oppa. Thank you for saving my Hyunnie”

 

I said and he smile before taking my hands into his. He grasp my hand softly.

 

“Let’s go down shall we? The others are waiting” he ask and I nod before letting him lead me down. We saw the others getting ready to go when Taeyeon suddenly turn to our direction. She was wearing a black dress that reach midway her knees with her hair tied into a high bun. She had light smoke make up on and had a white jacket on. She was beautiful.

 

“Oh my gosh Ryeowook!”she exclaim running up to me, “You look so beautiful”

 

Then I notice Kibum wearing a dark blue dress with straps. She had her hair tied into a braid with a butterfly pin holding it. She had a black heels and a diamond necklace around her neck. I then notice Taeyeon had the same too.

 

“You look beautiful too umma, unnie”

 

I said looking at the both of them and they smile at me. Jaejoong suddenly move closer to me with a proud smile on his face.

 

“You look beautiful princess”

 

He said and I smile as I hug him.

 

“Thank you appa” I had said and he nod. “I have something for you” he said as he took something from his pocket. I watch in curiosity.

 

It was a red box and he gave it to me. I look at him confuse but he ushered me to open it. And I did. And when I did a gasp came from me. It was a diamond necklace. The same one Taeyeon and Kibum are wearing. I look at them tearfully.

 

“It’s for you princess. Your umma and unnie has the same too”

 

He said and I nod.

 

“Thank you appa, umma, oppa, unnie”

 

I said looking at each of them and they smile. Slowly I wore the necklace.

 


 

 

We arrive at the hotel where the meeting was supposed to be held an hour later. Kibum was beside me, clinging on me. She was scared and somehow I was scared too. I just don’t feel right. When the car stop, we step out and was greet by a man. He lead us in and we went into one of the restaurant. There I saw a man standing tall looking really handsome in the tuxedo he had with his hair combed perfectly.

 

“Siwon”

Kibum had called and she let me go running towards the man. I saw a wide smile spread on his face when he saw her and soon they were in each other’s embrace. The sight had made me happy. They look so happy and I know this Siwon guy love Kibum so much.

 

Siwon had bow to Jaejoong and Taeyeon who smile at him. They exchange  a few words before going inside the restaurant. Kibum then pull Siwon towards me.

 

“Wonnie, this is Ryeowook. She is my sister, the one I always told you about”

 

She said and he smile, bowing at me. Awkwardly, I bow back.

 

"Hello Ryeowook-shii, it’s nice meeting you for the first time. My name is Choi Siwon and I am Kibum’s fiancée. I heard so much about you. Kibum tells me everything. I’m sorry for what happen”

 

He said making Kibum smack him on the shoulder. I laugh and nod.

 

“Hello Siwon-shii, it’s nice meeting you too. I hope you can take care of my unnie well. She talks a lot about you and I know she loves you so much”

 

I said making Kibum’s cheeks turn red. Siwon smile and nod, giving me a salute and I laugh. This man is funny and I believe he would take care of Kibum well.

 

“Ah, there he is”

 

I heard Siwon said and I turn. What I saw was a man fiddling with something in his pocket as he walk towards us. “Yah! Vincent! Over here”

 

I heard Siwon shout and the man look up. I felt my heart stop when I saw his face. He a scowl on his face. He looks familiar. A little too familiar. He had a white milky skin with a pink lips. He looks cute but then he looks handsome too. He had that mixture of cuteness and handsomeness together. And somehow I couldn’t shake the feeling that he looks familiar. A little too familiar.

 

Could it be…?

 

“Ah, Kibum, you’re finally here” he said smiling at Kibum who smile back.

 

“Minnie, what are you doing here? Aren’t you supposed to be in Seoul?” Kibum ask him like she knew him and he let out a laugh. I felt like I was invisible here. It was like they hadn’t notice me. Minnie? Wasn’t his name Vincent?

 

A laugh came and I look to my right only to find out it was from Siwon. He chuckled to himself that had made me think if he’s crazy.

 

“Kibum, don’t you think you should introduce Ryeowook to Vincent here?”

 

He ask and the man Vincent/Minnie turn to me. I saw him widen his eyes and I was curious to know who this man is. Does he know me? Does he recognise me?

 

Do I know him?

 

Is it him?

 

“Ah, of course. Minnie, this is my sister, Ryeowook, Kim Ryeowook”

 

Kibum said and I bow lightly at him. “Hello, I’m Ryeowook” I said and he smile, his smile looking so genuine. It made my heart calm though seeing him smile like that had made it double the rapid.

 

“And Wookie, this is –“

 

“Hello, I’m Vincent Lee, a cousin of Siwon”

 

He said.

 

“But people call me-

 

Sungmin”