Chapter Four

The Only One

 

The day that came was groggy as I force my open my eyes and was greeted with darkness. I took a good look of the room before I tried to get up. But soon I found myself lying on the bed once more.

 

I let out a soft whimper as I clutch my stomach that had been the cause of me being like this. I breath in heavily as grip the sheets with one of my hand as my head throb and I could feel my body aching really bad.

 

A tear left my cheek because of the unbearable pain. I lay there for a while thinking how cruel life is and no matter how hard I tried, nothing could be mend right now.

 

I force myself up and gasp in pain as something jolt up in my body. I clutch my back even more as I put my feet on the florr, gasping hard. My breathing became harsh as I got up clutching the table beside the bed. I close my eyes tightly as a tear left my eye and bit my lips from letting out a loud cry.

 

“Calm down, Ryeowook. Calm down”

 

I said to myself before taking another step.

 

But I wasn’t that lucky because my legs give out and I fell on the ground with a loud thud. I scream in pain as I hit the floor, clutching my stomach that was getting worse and worse.

 

“Hae!”

 

I choke out not knowing if he was near to hear me but soon I saw the door to the room open.

 

“Oh my god! Ryeowook!”

 

He scream as he help me up and I saw some liquid on the floor.

 

“Calm down, Wookie. I’ll go and call the ambulance”

 

He muttered, his words barely audible as he reach out for my phone on the bed as I let out another scream when I felt the pain coming once more. My hand travel down my legs when I felt something wet. I brought my hand to my vision and a loud gasp left my lips when I saw what it was.

 

Blood!

 

Then it came to me that I was soaking in blood. Seeing the red liquid had made me realize that something was crawling up my throat and the smell of the liquid was heavy. I cupped my mouth from throwing up but failed as I became a mess.

 

“Ryeowook!”

 

I heard Donghae exclaim as he pat my back. I could feel his worried eyes on my back and when I was done, he wipe my mouth using a tissue.

 

“Wookie, please be okay”

 

He whispered as I felt his arm under my leg and the other on my back. He hoist me up but I was too tired to do anything. “Ryeowook, stay with me. Don’t close your eyes”

 

He whispered to me but somehow his words were barely heard. I saw everything spinning around me as I tried hard not to close my eyes.

 

But soon darkness took over me.

 


 

“Ryeowook, are you awake? Are you okay?”

 

I groan as I look around the place. It was blurry at first but when I blink a few times, my vision became clear and I saw Donghae’s face. He looks so tired and scared that I felt pity for. I look around the place and panic lightly when I couldn’t recognize the place.

 

“Where am I?”

 

I ask with my voice cracking lightly because I just woke up.

 

I saw him in relief as he slowly pull a chair towards the bed and took my hands into his. “wookie, you scared me. I was scared that something would happen to you and I couldn’t afford to lose you”

 

He whispered as a few tears threaten to fall his cheeks making me frown at him.

 

“Hae, where am I?”

 

I ask him thought somehow I have the clue onto where I was.

 

“You’re at the hospital Wookie. I found you hurt and bleeding in your room and I called the ambulance. You fainted even before they got there”

 

He said.

 

“How long was I out?”

 

I ask and he thought for a while.

 

“For almost the whole day Ryeowook”

 

He said and I widen my eyes. “What?!”

 

The door was knock before Donghae could say anything and soon a man came in wearing a doctor’s coat. I could know that he is a doctor and he would the one who had treated me.

 

“Hello, Mr. Lee and Mrs. Kim, I am Dr. Park. I have good news and bad news. Which would you like to hear first?” he ask and I tried hard not roll my eyes at him.

 

“May we know the bad news first?”

 

Donghae voice out and I sigh but decide to follow with him. The doctor nod before taking a look at the papers he was holding in his hand.

 

“Mrs. Kim, your condition is really bad. You are dehydrated and your weight made it looks like you haven’t had any food for a almost a month. Your body is weak that’s why you lost a lot of blood. Your baby almost died but we manage to save your baby”

 

Both Donghae and Ryeowook took the information and their body froze when they heard the word ‘baby’.

 

“Wait! What do you mean baby? You can’t say that she’s…”

 

Donghae’s words trail off as he was too shock to say anything. The doctor gave them a smile and nod at them happily. “Yes, this is the good news I’m going to tell you. Congratulation Mrs. Kim, you are one week pregnant and you are going to be a mother”

 

Somehow everything froze around Ryeowook at the doctor’s word.

 

She’s pregnant?

 

Impossible.