Chapter Nineteen

The Only One

 

 


 

7 years later

 

“Umma!”’

 

“Umma!”

 

“Let go! Umma!”

 

“Yah!”

 

“Umma!”

 

“Stop it!”

 

“Umma, he’s bothering me!”

 

“No! He’s bothering me!”

 

“Yah! Don’t hit me!”

 

“Umma! Jongdae hit me!”

 

“No! Jongin hit me first!”

 

“Umma!”

 

“Umma!”

 

 Jongwoon laugh when he heard the shouts and stampede that came from the upper floor. I let out a sigh as I place the eggs on the table and smile when Joonmyun reach for it. Then the duo came into view, shoving each other, glaring at each other from time to time.

 

“Umma!”

 

The slightly shorter of the duo, Jongin, cried out as he ran to me and latch onto my legs. His twin followed suit, clinging on my other leg.

 

The both of them look up at their mother with the same wide eyes. I frown at them, wondering what they are up to now. They look really the same that it is hard to know which is which. They have the same brown eyes, pink pale lips, perfectly shaped nose and high cheekbones. The only different was their hair. ‘

 

Jongdae had a brown hair which he took from their mother, which is me. Jongin on the other handhas a black hair, which I hate to admit it, he annoyingly inherited from their father.

 

And they even look almost the same as their father.

 

“Umma, Jongin hit me”

 

Jongdae cried out, pointing to his twin accusingly.

 

“No! He hit Jongin!”

 

Jongin whimper out. My head was starting to hurt with both boys being so stubborn. “Boys!” I cried out, “ Why don’t you stop fighting and go sit with Joonmyun. Why aren’t you more like your cousin?”

 

The twins pout but nonetheless followed my instruction. Joonmyun who was 2 years older than them just shook his head as he finish the last bits of his food. Being the naughty ones as usual, they followed his antic, only exaggerating it a bit.

 

 I shook my head at m troublemaker twins as I put their breakfast in front of them which they began to hover immediately. Jongwoon laugh while his son cringed at the mess they made.

 

“Packed already?”

 

Jongwoon ask and I nod as I wipe Jongin’s messy face before proceeding to Jongdae.

 

“Only a few more of the twins things and we’re good to go”

 

Jongwoon nod at me before he continue reading the newspaper. I look around to face my nephew who had turn to read a book to my sons. “So, aren’t you boys excited going to your hometown?” I said and Jongdae frown at me.

 

“Umma, can we not go? I want to stay her. I don’t want to leave my friends” he says and Jongin snickers by his side. “Only because he doesn’t want to leave the love of his-“ Jongdae smack his brother that made Jongin choke on his food. I panic as I hand Jongin a glass of water. After making sure he was fine, I turn to Jongdae with a disapprove look.

 

“Jongdae, that isn’t a way to treat your brother!”

 

I scold.

 

“Umma, how many times do I have to tell you? It’s  Chen. I am Chen. C-H-E-N!”

 

I roll my eyes at my son. Diva much.

 

“If he’s Chen, then I’m Kai!”

 

“I’m Suho then!”

 

I groan while Jongwoon laugh, his eyes not leaving the newspaper.

 

“Whatever, Jongdae-“

 

“CHEN!”

 

“apologize to Jongin-“

 

“KAI!”

 

“Boys, stop it!” I cried out, not really happy with their attitude right now. Just before I can say anything, the doorbell rang and the twins scramble to their feet and made a run for the door. They cried out ‘appa!’ and I smile, knowing who it was.

 

Joonmyun look at his father in which Jongwoon nod before he jump to his feet and followed the twins.

 

“Seems like your lover is here”

 

Jongwoon said and I blush at the word ‘lover’. Although true, but it still made me felt shy. “I would like to use the word fiancée rather than lover, oppa” I say making Jongwoon chuckle.

 

“When are you going to have the wedding? You guys have been engage for almost a yearnow. The twins love him, so what is the use of waiting?” Jongwoon ask and I smile.

 

“Sungmin wants to get married at Korea and I agree. The wedding is next year”

 

Jongwoon smile.

 

“Okay, but….”

 

“But what?”

 

Even before Jongwoon could say anything, Sungmin came in, carrying both twins in his arms and Joonmyun on his back. He smile when he saw us while the kids rode him like he was a horse.

 

“Boys!”

 

I cried out rushing to them and got Joonmyun off him as Sungmin looks like he was being choked. “Umma! Appa is a horse!” Jongdae cried out and I frown as I got Jongin who was much more lighter.

 

Sungmin laugh as he move closer to me and kiss my cheeks.

 

“Hi” he said and I smile nodding at him.

 

“I miss you” he had said and I blush, answering him with an ‘I miss you too’.  I stare into his eyes and nothing actually matters. That was when Jongdae cried out, “Umma! Appa! Stop that! It’s disgusting!”

 

He had his hands cover his eyes and Jongin did the same thing. Jongwoon laugh even more as Joonmyun climb onto his lap.

 

Me and Sungmin laugh as he took my free hand and grasp them softly.

 

Just then Jongin yawn and lean his head against my shoulder. He was a bit pale and I kiss his forehead.

 

“What wrong baby?”

 

I ask and he wince at the word ‘baby’. “Umma, I’m tired” he said and I smile nodding at him.

 

“Okay, you can sleep after you have your medicine”

 

I said and he began to whine at the word ‘medicine’ but he knew better. We would force him to take them even if he doesn’t want to. Jongin couldn’t be so active too long or he wouldn’t stay long and we would have to rush him to the hospital.

 

“Did you pack your bags, already?”

 

Sungmin ask and I smile, nodding.

 

“Ready?”

 

He ask, looking back at me a bit concern. “Are you ready to go home?”

 

He ask again and I blink, pondering for a while. Am I ready to go back to Korea? Where the chance of seeing the twin’s father is high? Will I tell him about them? But, what will happen if I do?

 

I stare at Jongin in my arms then turn to Jongdae before I sigh.

 

“I suppose so”

 


 

I sigh as I sat on the chair in my office. It was late at night. Today is a busy day and I am really tired. There was a lot of work to be done and all I could think of is going home to see that angelic smile of hers. It’s been long since I saw her and I miss her badly.

 

“Kyuhyun”

 

I look up at the mention of my name and smile at Hankyung who had his daughter in his arms. She was looking around the place with wide eyes. “Hyung,” then I continued, “what are you doing here with Yixing? Where’s Yifan and Luhan?”

 

I ask about his sons who were quite a trouble makers especially Yifan.

 

“They’re with Heechul at home. Got some things to settle here and I’m on my way home. This little girl wants to follow me” he says as Yixing lean against his shoulder and close her eyes. I nod.

 

“Aren’t you going home, Kyuhyun?”

 

He ask and I sigh.

 

“I want to but-“

 

“Go home. Finish your work tomorrow.i think your sweetheart is waiting for you” he says and I thought for a while before agreeing. Yeah, I need a break too.

 

 

She flung to me the moment I came through the doors that almost made me tumble backwards. I laugh as she clung onto me and cried out, “Daddy!”

 

“Yes, it’s daddy. Did you miss me sweetheart?”

 

I ask and she nod her head furiously.

 

“Kyungie miss daddy a lot. Did daddy miss me too?”

 

I nod as I threw my briefcase to the floor and held her properly. “Of course. Daddy always miss you. Daddy always miss daddy’s little girl. Have you eaten?” she nod at me.

 

“Min Min gave me rice”

 

She said. I decide not to eat and go to bed.it was 12 already and I wonder why isn’t my daughter asleep yet? “Where’s Xiumin?”

 

Immediately she point towards his room. “Min Min is asleep. He is tired after chasing me, Yixing and Yifan” I laugh at my daughter’s words and decide to let the boy go. Taking care of children is a very hard task especially when they’re too energetic.

 

“Does Kyungsoo wants to sleep with daddy?”

 

She yawn nodding at me, leaning against my shoulder. I smile making my way to my room and lay her down on the bed. After changing my clothes, I slid into bed next to her, pulling her into my embrace. She clung to me.

 

“Daddy” she called and I hum, “when can we see mommy?” she ask I force a smile upon hearing the question as I ran my finger through her hair. “one day sweetheart” I say, “we’ll see mommy one day”

 

She nod although not convince.

 

“I love you daddy” she says before she went dreamland. I smile gazing down at her. My daughter, Kyungsoo. Cho Kyungsoo. Never in my life have I regret having her. My daughter is my everything. No matter what everyone says, Kyungsoo is my daughter. She is mine and no one can take her from me.

 

“I love you too sweetheart”

 

I whisper kissing her forehead.

 

“And daddy never regret doing so”