Hide and seek

He forgot

 

As he approaches the living room for the guest, he was shocked to see that Yoobin was there. That is when he realized she was....Binnie! The chubby girl who he always looks after when they were young.

Flashback

When both Seunghyun and Yoobin were little, they could easily be labelled as FAT because they were really very round. Generally the students in school weren’t fond of them. So Seunghyun and Yoobin always stick together. As days passed by, Seunghyun began to work out and started to lose weight because he wanted to be a singer. Eventually he left for Seoul. Yoobin who was left behind was having a hard time at school. Her school mate often about her round and boyish look. Her parents eventually decided to bring her to the states as there was an open opportunity for her dad to expand his business over there. Yoobin vowed that one day she will be a beautiful young woman and will one day become a singer just like her Seunghyun oppa.

Back to Yoobin POV

She have rejected too many times of her mum’s request to visit the Choi’s family citing many reasons such as too busy and conflicting schedules. However she could no longer find an excuse for her mum have  been told by the manager that the girls will be free for 3 days before resuming planning for the girls comeback.  Dressed in a simple loose off shoulder blouse and a pair of skinny jeans she put on her pair of black Laboutins.  She was praying and hoping that Seunghyun won’t be there. She managed to goggle that Big Bang is busy preparing for their overseas concert. She heaved a sigh of relief.  

Apparently she was wrong. However she was surprised that Seunghyun didn’t say anything sarcastic or even shout at her. His I-dont-really-care kind of look made her wonder whether he knew that it was her all the while. After bowing to the Choi’s and being successful in avoiding Seunghyun piercing stare, she sat down beside Mrs Choi.  In her heart she softly whimpered “It’s going to be a long night....”

Nobody’s POV

Only god knows how nervous it was for Yoobin. In her mind she was battling whether to admit eventually that she knew who Seunghyun really was. The parents began to chat about the topic she really wants to avoid.

“Binnie-ah, how was it performing with Seunghyun oppa, did you guys talk a lot”

“Honestly, I didn’t remember much about Seunghyun oppa, so I didn’t really know that Big Bang’s T.O.P sshi is him.” lied Yoobin nervously.

Seunghyun was not shocked but more of disappointed that she didn’t remember him. Not only that, for some very strange reason he don’t like her addressing him as T.O.P sshi. He felt like there is a certain wall in between them. 

It’s time for dinner, this time Yoobin was seated beside Seunghyun. They barely said any words. Both were startled when a message from Yoobin’s phone sounded. Underneath the table she smiled as she saw a message from Jaejoong sunbaenim.

Annyeong Yoobin, this Jaejoong, sorry for the rush the other day at the broadcast station. Anyway how are you doing?

While staring irritated at Yoobin's phone after secretly reading her message, he saw her phone charm and to his surprised its trinket was similar to those of the anklet in his box.  That’s when he realized, that Yoobin knew who he was all this while.

After replying to Jaejoong’s message, Yoobin looked up and realize that Seunghyun looked upset. She was just about to ask him whether he was ok but hold back . Once dinner ended Mrs Choi asked him to bring Yoobin around the house to reminisce their childhood days when they used to play together around the house.

“Its ok Mrs Choi, I’ll just sit here with my parents” declined Yoobin.

“No... No... I think you and Seunghyun need to catch up” my mum said.

With a smile and a nod, she followed Seunghyun. As Seunghyun was about to walk up the stairs, Yoobin managed to slip away into the garden. She was embracing the cold night silently as she reminisce vivid images in her mind of the time she had spent with Seunghyun at the garden.

Seunghyun on the other hand was thinking of how to break the silence was just about to turn and asked Yoobin something but to his dismay, she wasn’t behind him. He was nervous and his footsteps quickly move in search of Yoobin. Then there she was sitting at the bench in the garden far deep in her thoughts. He was observing every single thing about her. The way he hair falls, the way her eyes glistened and the way she was looking at the stars in the sky. He chuckled slightly at the thought of how a chubby and round tomboyish girl she was has turned into a y and charming young lady. His chuckled didn’t go unnoticed. Yoobin was startled and was about to move away when he suddenly said “You do remember me don’t you? I know you do. Why did you lie in front of my mum?”

“I think you got the wrong idea T.O.P sshi. I was  ...”

Seunghyun interrupted “Stop it! Since when do you talk to me formally? Why are you pretending that you don’t know me?”

Yoobin wasn’t sure how to answer and she was saved by the bell when Mrs Choi was calling for them.

The Kim’s were leaving as it was late and Yoobin had to be sent to the dorm.  Seunghyun offered to send Yoobin back but Yoobin refused as she claimed she wanted some time with her parents.

Afters the Kim’s left, Seunghyun promised himself  ...”Binnie-ah, I know you remember me and from this day onwards, I’m going to make sure you will remember me.”