The Beginning

He forgot

 

Central Park

Seunghyun and Jiyong wanted to spend time with Yoobin and Sohee respectively. They finally decided that Central Park at night is a good place to do so. When they reached, Seunghyun and Jiyong decided to split up so they could catch up with their ‘partners’.

Toobin

Seunghyun asked Yoobin to bring him to her favourite spot. She brought him to the pond. If in the day, couple can take boat rides but at night, it’s much safer to just sit at the bench and enjoy the tranquillity. So they did just that. They sat still and did not utter any word. They could hear every breath they inhale and see the vapour clearly. That was how cold it was. There were also other couples snuggling and making out around the area too. Eventually Yoobin broke the silence.

Yoobin: It’s so cold. Should we just go back? You barely recover from your bout of flu. (She turned and asked Seunghyun.)

Seunghyun: No, I don’t want. Can we just sit here? I really want to be here with you. (He pleaded with his husky low voice which resulted in Yoobin having goose bumps.)

Yoobin: Oppa, wei? Why did you come to New York? (She finally dared to ask.)

Seunghyun: Honestly Binnie, you really don’t know? (He questioned curiously.)

Yoobin: I have some assumptions oppa. But I would really like to hear straight from your mouth. (She bravely answered.)

Seunghyun: (He decided that being honest is the best and it could save a lot of misunderstandings between them.) I came here for you. (He took a deep breath.) I came here because I want you. I came here because I want your love. I came here because I realized how much of a fool I have been. I came here because I don’t want to lose you. I came here for ‘us’.

Yoobin: (She couldn’t believe what she was hearing. Her eyes were beaming with tears. ) Or is it because you are jealous of Jaejoong oppa?

Seunghyun: He is one of the reasons and I’m not going to lie about it. Shameful as it is on my pride, but yes it took another man to wake me up and face reality with a slap.

Yoobin: Why now oppa? Why not 1 ½ years ago?

Seunghyun: I wish I could understand myself better 1 ½ years ago. You don’t know how happy when I found out that you were Binnie. The Binnie that I have always doted on and care for since I was little. I have always thought of you as my little sister. But then slowly I realized that if I really thought you were my little sister, then why do I get jealous when other guys came close to you. I even tried rationalizing the fact that it could just be over protectiveness. However as time goes by, all I know and firmly believe is that I love you. I love every single time we laughed and smile together. I miss the fights and sulking. I denied all this feeling and patched up with Minah. But at the end of the day, every time I go to sleep I was so happy to see your face in my head. Every time I woke up from sleep all I long for is to see you. I am sorry it took me this long. Binnie ah, am I too late to ask for your heart?

Yoobin turned her face away as the tears trickle down her face. She doesn’t want Seunghyun to see her cry. Seunghyun held on to her hand tight and kissed it while waiting for her to answer. A lot of things went through their head.

Yoobin: What if I say you were too late?

Seunghyun: Binnie ah, I don’t want to be the man who says the perfect thing just to make the situation better or that will benefit me best. I’ll be honest. I am a man. I yearn for love. If you won’t accept my love. I could accept that. Maybe I will tremendously regret losing you. But yes, eventually I will move on and maybe one day even meet someone else that I could share my life and future with. That is the truth. But, why not that person be you. Why not the future be, us? Why don’t we give it a try? I don’t know and can’t promise it will last forever but I am willing to take this path and walk with you through all this.

Yoobin: Oppa, have you even given the fans some thought? What about our parents? What about of CEO? What about our members?

Seunghyun: (He stared hard at her. He was already prepared to answer her.) Jagiya, of course I have taken into consideration all those matters. We are both artist that have been around because the fans wants us to be. I don’t want to let them down therefore like most artist, I believe that dating secretly would indirectly not make fans be disappointed in us. But Binnie ah, we are just human. We deserve to fall and be in love too. We deserve to be happy to right?

Yoobin: You have really thought hard about this, huh. What about our parents?

Seunghyun: If we were to finally clarify this to our parents, I think they will be very happy. Oma have always looked upon you as her daughter in law. (He grinned, earning a gentle slap from Yoobin.)

Yoobin: What about our CEO?

Seunghyun: YG have always been supportive. As long as we know how to take care of our personal life, he is fine with it. Seven hyung also gave me his support. As for Jiyoung hyung, I must admit he is scary, but yes he knows.

Yoobin: Omo! How come everyone at your company knows? And when did you and Jinyoung oppa talked about this?

Seunghyun: Not all, jagiya. Only those who I really trust. As for Jinyoung hyung, he approached me just now. He was not encouraging nor approving. He thinks we are adult and should make our own decision and stick by it.

Yoobin: (She sighed a relieve hearing that.) But oppa, what about our members?

Seunghyun: I am pretty sure they have expected this. It’s just that we have to tell them honestly.

Yoobin: But oppa, Sohee and Jiyong are not telling about their relationship. Why should we tell?

Seunghyun: Binnie ah, that is them. Honestly do you really mind if we informed our group? (He earnestly anticipates her answer.)

Yoobin: (She shook her head.) No oppa, as an unnie, I want my members to know. (She let out a sigh.)

Seunghyun: What’s wrong Binnie? Why?

Yoobin: Oppa that’s a lot of work. And in future we may fight a lot too, more still with it being a long distance relationship.

Seunghyun: (He pulled her up from the bench and look into her eyes.) Jagiya, then if so, we’ll work hard for it. If we have to fight then we’ll fight for it.  But I believe that it will be the best thing we’ll ever work and fight for in our life. We just need to have faith. I hope you are up for it and I really want to give ‘us’ a try. It’s a risk but I’m willing to go all in. Will you accept my heart and start this journey with me?

Yoobin: (She stares at him. She studied his every move and understood perfectly what she wants now. She closed her eyes and nod.) Let’s walk this path together. (She answered with a sob.)

Seunghyun gently pulled her into a warm embrace. He planted a kiss on her forehead. And they stood still in each other arms for quite some time. Both soaked in tears of happiness.

Heedragon

On the other side of the park, Sohee and Jiyong was cuddling and catching up with each other. As always Jiyong become the opposite of his leadership role when he is with her. He becomes a kid who was given the best present of his life.

They recorded videos on each other’s phone whispering sweet loving messages and messages that gave each other’s strength to go through tough times. They took lots of pictures and stuffs.

GD: Babe, you know I love you right?

Sohee nodded and smile.

GD: You know that the future is full of uncertainties right?

Once again she nodded and smile.

GD: You know we will get through these obstacles one by one right. Slowly and surely.

Again, she nodded and smile. He looked into her eyes and smiled at her before pulling her close in a hug. Sohee whispered to his ear...

SH: You know how we will pull through?

GD: Because we are strong?

SH: No babe, it’s because I have faith in us. We may falter and tripped. We may make mistakes along the way and recover from it. We may hurt each other from time to time. But I have faith that we’ll grow and understand and even love each other more.

GD: Thank you!

SH: For what?

GD: For being you.

SH/GD: I love you baby!

@ Car

Jiyong and Sohee were waiting at the car when they saw Seunghyun and Yoobin walking towards them hand in hand. Both couples looked at each other in understanding and smile. While driving the boys back to the hotel...

Seunghyun: We’ll be leaving tomorrow night. Let’s have lunch tomorrow and spend the rest of the day chilling in the hotel. Ji, what do you think about that?

GD: I’m fine with it.

Yoobin: Yup I am ok with it too, but oppa you have to come to the office in the morning to meet the members. Do want us to fetch you?

Seunghyun: Nope, we could take a cab there, no worries.

SH: Oppa, Unnie are you sure you want to tell the members? I still want to keep mine a secret.

Yoobin: Don’t worry mandoo, Seunghyun will only be announcing about us. Your relationship with Jiyong is for you guys to decide. No pressure arraso!

After they dropped the boys to their hotel, the girls headed back to their dorms. Sohee decided to sleep in Yoobin’s room.

SH: Unnie, you know we are in love right?

Yoobin nodded.

Yoobin: You know this feeling won’t last forever right?

Sohee nodded.

SH: You know that there will be obstacles right?

Yoobin nodded once again.

Yoobin: You know that this love will be the best thing we’ll work and fight for right?

Sohee nodded once again.

SH: Unnie, you know I love you right?

Yoobin smiled endearingly.

Yoobin: Maknae, you know I love you too right?

Sohee smiled with tears in her eyes, nodded and hugged her unnie.

 They both drift away to sleep with smiles on their faces.

 

A/N: I know it could sound a bit cheesy... sorry!