Comeback and collaboration

He forgot

 

She was looking around, praying and hoping that somehow the Wonder Girls and Big Bang would meet or bump into each other for rehearsals. And that chance may happen soon enough. The two groups were scheduled to perform as the last 2 act for the day.

As the blood rushes through her veins and her heartbeat beating like a drum she finally sighted Seunghyun.  As much as she wanted to just run and hug him, she can’t. The two groups passed by bowing and smiling except for Seunghyun who seems to be in a bad mood.

Yoobin tried to reach an eye contact with him but to no avail. Honestly, she was disappointed.  She though he would remember her at first glance but she gave in to the thought that maybe she have changed into a more feminine person that doesn’t ring a bell in Seunghyun’s mind.

Two weeks later Wonder Girls and Big Bang as requested by Music Bank’s PD to have a collaborative performance. Choreography directions were left in the hands of YG’s trusted staffs. All members were paired accordingly. Sunye-Taeyang, Sohee-Jiyong, Sunmi-Seungri, Yeeun-Daesung and Yoobin- Seunghyun.  As the girls proceeded to find their partners in the respective room, Yoobin heart was dancing in joy. As she stepped in the room scanning for Seunghyun, all she found was Aime the choreographer.

“Hello Yoobin, I’ve already messaged Seunghyun, he should be here soon. In the mean time let’s go over your rap and dance.” state Aime in enthusiasm.

“Sure, let’s get started.” cheered Yoobin.

After an hour, Seunghyun was still not there. Yoobin took a short break to the ladies before staring out the window of YG huge pantry lounge.  Her heart somehow felt so suffocated as she saw Seunghyun kissing a very attractive lady in a sports car.  All she could afford to do was gather her strength and head back to the practice room. Minute later Seunghyun appeared. He of course, was given a quick and stern reminder about his punctuality by Aime.  Just as Aime was to introduce Yoobin to him, Seunghyun crushed her heart by saying “I wonder why I have to waste my time with this girl. Music Bank !”

Trying to remain calm and professional, Yoobin managed to perform very well. Seunghyun on the other hand was not getting it right. He eventually stepped on Yoobin’s foot causing her to tumble. Without getting any help from him she gets back on her feet and before she could say something, Seunghyun blurted out, “you should lose some weight, and you can’t even balance yourself well.”

Yoobin mustered up her strength and barely succeeded in trying to keep herself composed.

In her mind, she silently sobbed. He is no longer the Seunghyun I used to know. Maybe I have got the wrong person. Maybe the promise he made 7 years back was just sweeten words to create good memories. Just memories but not the present. At this rate, I rather us remained strangers. All these crazy thoughts were making her sick.

The day before the performance, the two groups were supposed to meet for a final practice. Seunghyun was nowhere to be found. Yoobin sighed but felt relief. Maybe it was better after all that he wasn’t there.