Taking a step forward

He forgot

 

All she could do was cry. She sat on the floor crying. After all these years of training and hard work, everything was gone down the drain. What could she do? The other members who have been training very hard with her are left in despair. The company that was supposed to be in charge of her group’s debut was just declared bankrupt.

 She was packing her stuffs ready to go back to San Jose when she received the called that changed her life forever.  She quickened her steps and was very nervous as she entered JYP building. A young lad happened to brushed her shoulders while running, shaken her a little more. As she turned, she thought she saw a mini Rain signalling that he was sorry before rushing off somewhere else. As she waited at the lobby, her sunbae, Lee Minwoo tapped her on her left shoulder causing her to jump in surprise.

“Yoobin-ah, Park Jin Young just called saying that he was looking for a trainee for an immediate replacement for Wonder Girls, rapper who happened to fall ill and needed a long time for recovery. So they need to replace her with another rapper. I suggested you of course, but he needs to see for himself whether you could meet his standard.  Do you think you are ready for this? “explained Minwoo carefully.

With tears in her eyes she gratefully replied, “ Sunbaenim, I don’t know how to thank you for recommending me. I thought everything that I have worked for was over. I know I can do it. I will do my best so you won’t be disappointed”

As they both were ushered to the meeting room, Yoobin was praying that this would be it. As she entered the room, she greeted the people in there including the CEO himself.  As they played the mixed tape she brought along, she began rapping her hearts out. Even though JYP was not showing any signs of likes or dislikes, she wouldn’t let that get in her way of doing her very best. 

Finally, it was verdict time.

“I didn’t know that voice and skill can come out from that tiny body of yours. I am impressed but you still have a lot to work on. I was informed that you have been training for 3 years?  Show me your best moves!” JYP requested.

She busted her best moves and she was feeling good because JYP and his head choreographer carved a smile on their faces.

She whispered in her heart, “Finally I get to be on stage and I get to see Seunghyun oppa if we are promoting songs together. I really hope he remembers me. It’s been 7 years since he last saw me.”

And in an instance everything just changed. Yoobin have debuted with the Wonder Girls. She is fitting in well with the group. She is also popular for being the member with the iest moves and charmingly shy personality. All she has to do now is just wait for the perfect opportunity.