Chapter Seven : Can You Sing For Me?

Kidnapping Plan

 

 

 

Youngjae looked at the boy sleeping on the couch with full concern. He sighed as his finger trailed on Daehyun’s messy fringe and then moved to wipe the tear stain on the older cheek. Youngjae had lost the count on how long the elder had been sobbing in his hand before the latter actually got too tired and fell asleep right in the couch. Never did Youngjae see this side of Daehyun in those years that he spent following his activity. And he was somewhat happy to see that.

He let his finger lingered on Daehyun’s face a little longer. It actually broke his heart apart to see Daehyun break down like that. And it took his every consciousness not to just kicked Daehyun out the door and exposed him to freedom. However, he couldn’t afford to stop now. There’s still a long way to go before he accomplished his mission. And he could still do a lot of things for Daehyun tomorrow to actually made up for this.

He smiled at the thought and caressed his idol’s face lovingly. He had been excusing himself for the creepy action as he said it over and over again that he would, and could, only do this when the elder is sound asleep.

“I’m sorry...”

He nearly jumped as he felt the elder suddenly moved his hand to grab his own. He held his breath, afraid of getting caught red-handed doing something stalker-ish. But after awhile he found out that the elder actually still not awake. Sleep talking, huh?   

He let his hand stayed in that position, enjoying the other’s touch on his. He slowly rubbed circles in Daehyun’s palm and hummed a soft lullaby. How he wished to stay like this forever. Well, that’s very cheeeeeeesy of me.

He nervously lent down to put his lips on Daehyun’s hand, and slowly fell into his deep slumber with the dream of green grass, unicorns, rainbow, and Daehyun singing for him in it.

 

   ******

 

Daehyun opened his eyes and found a bunch of brown hair blocking his view.

It took him several minutes to figure out what had happened until he finally able to feel the warm hand in his. He was holding hand with his kidnapper who sit-sleeping in front of him and he somewhat felt fuzzy inside.

He resented his kidnapper for making him feel desperate and heartbroken.

But more than anything he actually glad that Youngjae’s still around. It calmed him down in a strange way.

Weird, this is just plain weird.

Too tired to actually shove the younger away, he just put his free hand around the other and pulled him closer.

“This is your fault, all of it....”

   ******

 

-Himchan POV-

 

“Are you sure, hyung? Jeongmal?” Jongup loudly confirmed.

It was already dark when Yongguk finally back and told them about what he had encountered in the cake shop earlier. The ulzzang noticed the hesitation in his voice and the way he frowned his face shows that he’s in the middle of some personal conflict.

“We should report this to the police!” He was in the middle of dialing the authority when Yongguk reached out his hand to stop him.

“Himchan, wait.....”

“Why?”

Every eyes now focused on the older rapper, including his. The leader was glancing nervously to his left and right like he was looking for any possible eavesdropper. After a while though, he finally spoke. “I have the feeling that I’ve met that boy before but I’m not quite sure myself...” He continued. “I know that this is crazy but I have the hunch that we should keep this to ourselves first...”

“Are you crazy, hyung?” Junhong looked at his hyung skeptically. It’s not something usual for him to actually doubting the leader.

“This is serious Yongguk, we can’t play this game based merely on your hunch...” He tried to rationalize the eldest. He didn’t understand what had gotten into that labyrinth of thought.

“I know! I understand! But....there’s something off with this case. I have this feeling that there’s something going on behind all this ruckus!” Hesitance was visible in Yongguk’s voice.

“Then what do you want?”

“What?” Yongguk was startled at his bestfriend blunt question.

“You heard me.”

“I-I....want to—” 

And Himchan’s eyes widened as he heard the most irrational thing that Yongguk had ever suggested. Underline that, ever.

  ******

 

 

Huh, why it feels so warm?

Youngjae opened his eyes to find a pair of brown orbs staring at him.

 

And he felt like he could faint right in the spot.

 

Here he is, waking up with Daehyun’s hand around him. Their face a mere inch apart, noses literally touching.

Breath. Brain, working! Working!

“Mornin’...”

“HHUAAAAAA!!!”

He jumped backward with all his might and hit the table. Hard.

Dehyun laughed his off seing his kidnapper panicked as if he had lose his head. Youngjae hit the table with his back and winced in pain. In his attempt to stand, he also bumped his head to the same furniture. Squirming from the excessive hurt he rolled on the floor and nearly slipped again when he tried to go back to his feet.

Regaining back his composure, Daehyun reached the younger’s wrist to pull him closer and locked him in a backhug before Youngjae could break everything in the room and hurting himself more in the process.

“Hahahaha, what are you afraid of?” Youngjae’s ear burned red and his body tensed in Daehyun’s grip. “Yah...I’m not some kind of ghost, you pabo...” Daehyun nuzzled his face on the younger soft strands of hair and murmured something.

“E-Eu-hm...w-wh-at a-aa-are y-you saying?”

“I said.....can’t you release me today, Kidnapper-ssi?” Youngjae quietly shook his head before looking to the ground.

“Then....” Daehyun put his chin on Youngjae’s shoulder, the latter tensed more as if its even possible “Stay with me for a little while in exchange....”

Daehyun loosened his grip and jumped to the bathroom, leaving Youngjae who still unable to utter any comprehensible word.

 

 

“What had happened to me?” Daehyun growled in frustration. He couldn’t believe that he just tried to seduce someone.

A boy for worse.

His kidnapper for the worst.

Youngjae had managed to somehow short-circuited his brain and made him do all those creepy and stupid and unrational and....and......sweet action.

Shouldn’t he tackled him down instead of hugging him? Shouldn’t he treaten him to let him go instead of asking him to stay? Like...what the f**k is going on here.

He washed his face to get rid off all the feels and walk out, expecting Youngjae to run away or at least asking some Man In Black to kill and dispose off his body, but found the younger boy sitting in the couch while eating cake instead. He’s still look nervous and fidgety but at least he didn’t run away. And why in the hell I feel relieved?

“Yo!” Youngjae glanced briefly and nodded as he took a seat in the other side of the couch. “Ahh...this is my request that got abandoned yesterday....”

“I-it ac-actually tastes ggood...”

He heard Yougjae’s small whisper and a small smile creeped on his face.

“Isn’t it? Aiish, and everyone always had that disgusted face when I eat it in front of them!”

“Well, the look didn’t really convincing though...”

“Yah! Now you dare to smart-insult me huh, Youngjae!”

He threw the nearest pillow to Youngjae who dodged it easily, sticking out his tongue at him. Daehyun found it ultra cute and couldn’t help himself not to smile even wider at the sight. He was glad that yesterday’s happening didn’t affect their relationship in a bad way. That Youngjae actually eased up when they’re together. Wait....I sounded like a very desperate boyfriend just now.

He turned the TV on to chase away the thought. There’re still him everywhere, and he even caught the news that the kidnapper –who is currently munching his food beside him— had requested a vast amount of money to the agency. Wow....money sure is powerful. He then encountered a show which is strangely dedicated to him. They talked about his pre-debut days, how he became an Idol, his days with BAP and his solo activities. It was not even his third year in the industry and it was still his third day of kidnapping but the show exhibited it like he had died or something.

“A-are you okay?”

He turned his attention to Youngjae, who was currently looking at him with worried look.“Neh...it’s okay, I won’t break down like yesterday if that’s what you are worrying about...” He gave a reassuring smile and turned his attention back to the show. He had been thinking a lot since yesterday and instead of feeling miserable he’s actually glad about what he had discovered. Not the tears of his fans, but the love that they emitted for him.

“You’re so cool...”

Youngjae’s comment caught his guard off. He stared at the younger who then pointed to the TV. Oh, he actually commented on one of his past performance.

“Am I?”

“Yep! You’re the coolest when you sing...” He smiled shyly at him, then turned his attenttion back to admiring the TV-version of him. “Euhhm...Daehyun-ssi....”

“What is it Kidnapper-ssi?”

 

“C-can....can you sing for me?”

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Fiuuuh~
After fighting with writer block and too much spazzing on BAP’s new teaser......this is what I’ve got for you all my lovely readeeers~

Euhmm....my fluffy attempt to add fluff...how was it?

Don’t kill me if it turned out to be strange..hahaha

I won’t be able to update this as frequent as before but I’ll try my hardest to update as often as I could. College will soon start and I can’t dedicate my life for DaeJae as much as I want...hhahaaha

SOOOO~~ ENJOOY!!

And commeeeeent~ are appreciated :-D