Chapter Fourteen: Why?

Kidnapping Plan

“Is that so?”

Youngjae let out a heavy sigh, slowly moved to let the cold wall supporting his weight. This is unexpected.

“Is that their answer?”

He nodded as the person in the other side of the line reported to him. He occasionally squinted his eyebrows, thinking.

“Okay, thank you.”

He hung up and closed his eyes in desperation. This was really unexpected, but still he could use it to his advantage. Well, maybe it will be hard for him later but this is the only way to end this mess without actually strangling anyone’s neck.

This is the only way.

He let his eyes wandered to the sleeping figure in the couch, so peaceful and innocent. He had promised himself that he would never let anyone –including him— to hurt Daehyun, but he will broke his own promise...soon.

This is the only way.

 

I’m sorry.

 

*****

 

Himchan paced around nervously in their dressing room. The press conference is 30 minutes away and it couldn’t be helped that he’s nervous as . Yongguk was outside, talking with someone from the police, and the maknaes were strangely silent today. They were busy with their own thought and completely ignoring Himchan’s attempt to start a conversation.

“YAH! TALK TO ME YOU TWO!”

Himchan threw whatever’s on the table to the two maknaes. His patience drawing thinner. “Aissh! Can’t you two stop annoying me with your effort to acually think of something?!”

“Yah Hyung... why’re you mad with us who ACTUALLY think, and not goofing around like usual?” Junhong retorted to Himchan, throwing a pillow to the said man.

“BECAUSE WHATEVER YOU’RE THINKING ABOUT MUST BE SOMETHING CRAZY AND IT MADE ME REALLY NERVOUS!!” Himchan shouted at the top of his lungs, Jongup cringed and Junhong just shrugged his shoulder nonchalantly.

“Well, I’m actually in the middle of contemplating between sneaking into Manager Kang’s car before it depart OR just take a cab right now and meet him in the spot to join the investigation...”

“YAH!”

Himchan wrestled Junhong in the couch, locking the younger’s head as an attempt to knock some senses into his head.

“Mianhe Hyung....ahh.....I’M JUST KIDDING AROUND!”

“YOU SAID WHAT?? HAH?!”

Jongup burst out laughing at the sight in front of him. It was unlikely but maybe they should try to form a comedy duo.

Well, It wasn’t Himchan’s fault that he’s somewhat edgy and outraged by even the smallest thing. What the two maknaes had found yesterday was something outrageous which he didn’t want to aknowledge as the truth. No way! Because if it was actually the truth then there would be no sane explanation for this kidnapping.

 

He felt that they’re back to square one.

 

And not to mention the hard decision they had to tell the world about in the next 30 minutes,  it's just too much to bear at the same time.

 

*****

 

“Calm yourself down...”

Yongguk handled the canned coffee to his friend who just smiled half-heartedly in return. There’s no way for the black-haired man to relax right now. This press conference meant soo much to Himchan that he can’t just sit down like nothing had happened. “I’ll go to the kids now...”

Himchan nodded as Yongguk went to the two nervous balls in the corner and let his mind wandered to yesterday's conversation.

 

“What do mean by ‘serious’, hyung?” Jongup gave Himchan his puppy eyes. Looking like a lost child.

“So... when both of you were gone... we got some.. .updates” Everyone now was looking at Yongguk. The said man squirmed uncomfortably in his own seat. The leader then glanced at him, asking for support.

“The perpetrator called us.”

“WHAT?!”

“HOW IS IT HYUNG??”

“WHAT D- ”

“CALM DOWN!”

Everyone became silent, only Junhong ragged breath filling the nervous air.

“So, the perpetrator called the police yesterday....and they demanded something from us....” Yongguk explained slowly.

“What? Money? The agency already said okay to that, right?”Junhong demanded, still looking at the leader expectantly.

“Well, the money problem has already been resolved... The problem is, the demanded something MORE than that”,  Yongguk continued, glancing back and forth to Himchan, searching for encouragement. “They want us to...”

 

“KIM HIMCHAN!!”

Yongguk's shout brought him back to reality. Junhong and Jongup already by his side. They seemed to be talking to some police officers. "The police want to talk to all of us..."

Himchan rouse from his seat and walked to the door. One question keep lingering in his head.

 

Why?

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

I'M SO SORRY EVERYONEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

*cried a river*

I'M SOOOOO SOOOORRY FOR ABANDONING THIS PRECIOUS LITTLE THING FOR MONTHS #sobs

I've been such a bad author....Really.....I don't even have any excuse....

And I'm just SOOOOO HAPPY that people are actually waiting for my update....

Please forgive me, you've all made my day :')

 

A short update here, I'll try to make something much better next time >____________<