Shopping with the Boys

A Mute Marriage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] CHAPTER NINE [/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2] Shopping with the Boys [/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3] *Woori's POV*

           It's the day I go shopping with SungJong and Woohyuk and then with Myungsoo. I'm dreading every minute of it until then. What am I suppose to do with them? I'm used to shopping with Woohyuk, however, SungJong and Myungsoo are a totally different story. I'm afraid of what could happen with both of them. SungJong could make me dress super girly. With Myungsoo, I don't even know what we are shopping for. All I know is that he is picking me up from the mall and we are going to go 'do what we have to do' as he so puts it. 

        "Woori, get a move on. SungJong should be here soon," Woohyuk says sticking his head into my room.

         I smile and nod at him. I walk to my closet to find an outfit to wear. After looking at all of the clothes that I own, I'm sorta glad that I'm going shopping today with SungJong. I need some new clothes. I end up picking a pink and green zig zaged striped dress and some brown gladiator boots. I fix my hair so that it draps over my shoulders. Then I apply little to no makeup. 

      

                  (Sorry that is is so blurry)

 

After finishing getting ready, I walk down the stairs and wait for SungJong to arrive. Woohyuk Oppa walks down the stair and stands beside me. I look at what he is wearing. Oppa is wearing a gray shirt with pink, blue, and yellow strips and blue jeans and converse shoes. 

 

       "Is something wrong?" he asks.

        I shake my head. Oppa looks like a model as always. I always think that we are not really related to how different we look. Soon we hear a car honk outside. Oppa grabs my wrist and drags me out the front door. Once we reach the car that is waiting for us, Oppa opens the passenger door for me and after I settle in shuts the door. Oppa gets in the back seat.

      "Annyeong, Woori-ah. Annyeong, you must be Woori-ah's brother. I'm SungJong," SungJong says.

      "I know who you are, SungJong. We go to the same school," Woohyuk says.

      "We do? Oops, mianhae. I didn't know," SungJong says sheepishly.

      "It's alright. I'm kind of like Woori-ah. I don't talk to a lot of people," Oppa says.

       "Arraso. So Woori-ah, are you ready to go shopping?" SungJong asks.

       I turn to Woohyuk and sign to him.

       "She says that she is excited. She realized this morning that she needs new clothes. So this is a great time to do so," WooHyuk translate. 

       "She said all that? Wow, I'm kind of glad that you came with us, WooHyuk. I would have taken forever to read that if she had typed all that," SungJong says and chuckles.

       "So WooHyuk, when did Woori become mute?" SungJong asks seriously.

       "She hasn't talked since she was four. When she was younger, she would run around the house laughing and singing at the top of her lungs. Then one day she just stopped talking," WooHyuk explains.

       As he explained, I looked out the window not wanting to see SungJong's reaction to the story. And it wasn't just one day, it was the day that Appa told us that we were getting a new mommy.  It's all because of that, that I stopped talking. I wish I would talk again but I just can't. I can't get the words to come out no matter how hard I try. 

      We arrive at the mall shortly and WooHyuk helps me out of the car. As we walk into the mall, SungJong and WooHyuk talk about random things. I look around and see everyone walking and talking to people that they came to the mall with. A pain in my heart begins because I can't be like them and talk happily with WooHyuk and SungJong as we walk into the mall.

     "Woori-ah," SungJong says bringing me out of my thoughts. 

     "Are you okay, Woori?" Oppa asks.

     I nod. 

    "Okay, how about we go buy you some clothes?" SungJong suggests.

    I smile and nod.

    SungJong leads us into a random store and started searching for clothes. As SungJong searches for outfits, I can't help but notice that he is smiling.


     SungJong hands me clothes that seem to be my size and pushes me towards the dressing rooms.

    "Go and try them on. I'll tell WooHyuk to sit outside the rooms and wait for you, okay?" he says.

   I nod. Then make my way to a dressing room. I walk into the first one that was open. I looked at the clothes that SungJong gave me and smiled. I changed into the outfit. 

   

       "Woori-ah, I'm out here when you are ready," I hear WooHyuk say from outside the room. 

      I take a deep breath and open the door. I step out to see WooHyuk and SungJong standing there. I raise an eyebrow at them asking them what they thought.

     "You look great," WooHyuk says smiling.

      "I agree.  Here try these on," SungJong says pushing more clothes into m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter