Chocolate Mint. [1/3]

N.A.P oneshots!

 

Minsoo has been losing sleep lately.

Which is weird, considering how much of a sleepyhead Minsoo is. This has worries his best friend, Byunghun, knowing that if there is something that can separate Minsoo from sleeping, than it must be pretty huge for him. He glances at his tall friend that sits next to him who stares straight at the lecturer but it's pretty obvious that his stare is blank. His mind isn't there. The taller guy has his flip phone on his hand, holds it tight as if his life is depended on it.

Minsoo sighs and stares at his own phone. Who is he kidding, he can't focus at the lecture at all. He flips his phone open and types rapidly before stops and deletes the whole paragraph that he has written. He closes the phone again, tries to get his mind on the class, but completely failing to do so. There's no other way, let's get this over with, he thinks.

 

bms1104: hi. i'm sorry for bothering you in such a lovely day but I just have to say it. i miss you. there. have a good day!

 

Minsoo feels like a big weight has been lifted off his chest.

 

After the text has been sent, Minsoo keeps smiling throughout the day. He turns off his phone so he won't know if the text has been replied or not because really, he doesn't want to know. He lives the entire day forgetting about the text, living his life as if nothing happened.

That is, until he comes home and his phone drops from his pants pocket. He picks it up and wonders why it is off, realizes the big decision that he's done earlier. He sits on his bed and prepares himself for the big moment, prepares himself for the big disappointment, prepares himself for yet another heartbreak that might happen.

 

He turns his phone on.

A message window pops up.

Minsoo swears he can pass out at the excitement.

 

danielahn: lol take it easy its not like i'm gonna swallow you alive or something

 

 

----------

On the next day Minsoo appears to be someone else completely different than the one Byunghun normally sees for the past few weeks. He has the older guy's smiles back. Sincere, sweet smiles. He shakes his head in disbelief and stares at his own best friend, who is currently working on his task while humming a happy song. A sudden movement catches Byunghun's attention. Minsoo grabs his phone and appears to scrolls down on something. Byunghun shakes his head again. He usually knows everything about Minsoo, but he knows enough about privacy and if Minsoo wants to tell him something, he will.

The guy with tiny eyes keeps reading on a small conversation between him and his exboyfriend last night that makes him glowing for the entire day. It was quick, and it ends on the other guy, but Minsoo still thinks this is more than enough. Perhaps I don't give any interesting thing to talk about so he didn't reply. A light bulb moment comes to Minsoo and then he smiles brightly, ignoring the stare of Byunghun who thinks he looks like a complete idiot. He stares at his own message screen, the blinking cursor seems demanding. 

 

He's going to type something.

He's going to try again.

And so he does.

 

bms1104: hey, busy?

 

A minute. Two minute. Five minutes. Minsoo drops his phone on the table and ready to face the disappointment when his old school flip phone vibrates strongly on the desk, earning glares from all around the class.

 

danielahn: nope. bored, in fact :c

 

If only he forgets that he's in a class at that moment, Minsoo would probably have yelled his lungs out and danced like a lunatic, but he can only screams silently, looks around to find anything to express his excitement, and ends up doing something completely dumb. Biting his chicken best friend.

 

"YAH!"

Another set of glares from the entire class.

 

Byunghun rubs his painful arm and apologizes to the whole class before glaring at his own best friend, whispers in an angry tone mixed with a lot of confusion.

"What the hell was that for?!"

Minsoo stares deeply into Byunghun's eyes, smiles so wide it hides his own eyes. Byunghun widens his eyes in surprise, not knowing what his friend is thinking about.

"Thanks for being here, Byunghunie."

Byunghun moves his chair a few inches away from him.

 

 

----------

bms1104: school?

danielahn: :c physics exam

bms1104: :O

bms1104: dont text on exams!!!

danielahn: it ended already

danielahn: so does my life

bms1104: you should have studied

danielahn: i've studied hard already orz

bms1104: well then you'll do good

bms1104: you are smart arent you

bms1104: you always do stuff well

danielahn: except for physics i guess

bms1104: how about the past exams?

danielahn: i passed lol

bms1104: see? nothing to worry about

danielahn: it was just luck

bms1104: dont say such thing

bms1104: i got 15 for my last physics exam

bms1104: feel better?

danielahn: what

danielahn: hahahahahahha

danielahn: you pabo

bms1104: hope that made you smile

danielahn: it did

danielahn: thanks

bms1104: (~'-')~

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


(a.n: so this story turns out to be much much much longer than i thought it'd be so i decided to break it down into... 3 chapters :D lol i'm so sorry. hope you like it! p.s: this story is kinda inspired by my own experience, some of the messages are literally the ones that happened to me lol.)