Chocolate Mint. [3/3]

N.A.P oneshots!

(To read the 1st part, click here: [click!])

(To read the 2nd part, click here: [click!])


 

 

The day goes so fast and night time approaches, and Minsoo finds himself driving back to Daniel's apartment. He knows that he shouldn't have done this. He knows that this will only lead to himself wanting for more. He glances at Daniel who sits next to him talks about random things and sometimes sings on whatever song comes out on the radio. Minsoo smiles to himself. At least I got to hear the angelic voice all over again.

Minsoo pulls over in front of Daniel's apartment building. He can't believe the time arrived. He's not ready for yet another separation. God knows how long does it take for them to get a chance like this ever again. While he's drown in his own thoughts, Daniel decided that he should be the first to break the ice.

"So..."

"Yes?"

"Thanks. That was fun."

 

Minsoo knows Daniel just put a mark to their journey that night. It stops right there. It ends. The night ends. Daniel turns around and ready to get out of the car and Minsoo knows he has to do something or he'll regret it for the rest of his life.

"Wait."

Daniel stops moving for a second and then turns his body back to Minsoo. Minsoo stares at his face, Daniel looks down, avoiding Minsoo's eyes.

"Daniel-ah."

The younger one doesn't say a word in return, leaving a long silent between both of them. Minsoo just sits there, still staring at Daniel, not knowing what to do. Daniel doesn't move an inch, doesn't say a word. He freezes completely.

"Daniel, I--"

"I have a girlfriend, hyung."

 

That stabs Minsoo like a knife straight to his heart.

He tries to keep it together and bites his lips to prevent himself for yelling out loud. He tries to say a sentence. He tries to sound genuine. His words are shaking.

"Wow. T-that's really good for you!"

"Hyung.."

Minsoo feels like he's about to cry. He can't. Not now. Not in front of someone who just caused the happiest smile for him in the last few months.

"You should introduce her to me! H-how does she look like?"

"Hyung, please stop."

Minsoo smiles bitterly and Daniel lifts his head up to witness that.

"I'm sorry, hyung. I thought you just want to talk as two friends just catching up but I realized it's more than that. I should have told you if I've known about it earlier."

 

Minsoo keeps trying to act natural in front of him but completely fails no matter ho hard he tries. He ends up having his eyes staring down to the seat, decided that now it's time for him to avoid Daniel's eyes.

"A girlfriend?"

"Yes, hyung. A girlfriend."

"I thought you love me."

"I loved you, okay. That's true."

Minsoo feels the younger stressed on the past tense word. The word that slapped him back to reality. His body shakes and he sighs deeply, still trying his best not to cry at that moment.

"Why not me?"

"Hyung, you do know that things will never work out between us, right? It was wrong, hyung. We were wrong. We were not supposed to be together. We both know that."

"And you just realized it now?"

"I was young. I didn't know better. My logic didn't work back then."

 

Minsoo closes his eyes and he feels a drop of warm water slides down from his eyes to the seat of his car. Daniel looks at him apologetically and wipes the tears off of his face, whispering "I'm sorry." for hundreds of times.

"Don't cry. Blame me all you want, release your anger at me, slap me, but don't cry. Please."

"I love you, Daniel-ah."

"That's what you think, hyung. You could be wrong. You're way better than this. You deserve way better than this. Go out there and have some fun. Meet new people."

"How can you say it so easily?"

"Because t--"

"Do you know how much I've been waiting to meet you and do this all over again? Do you know how happy you've made me tonight? And you said you don't know that I'm looking for something more. I love you, Daniel. I've always loved you. I haven't stopped, not even a second. How come you don't know that, who's the idiot now?!"

Minsoo blurts out a series of sentence, leaving Daniel feeling dumb at that second. He knows his apologies won't work anymore and it won't fix any broken hearts, so he just sits there, stares at Minsoo's face, not knowing what to do.

 

"Get out."

"Hyung.."

"I said I get out! Now!"

Daniel can't believe his own ears. He knows Minsoo can be really scary when he's mad but he never yelled at him at all.

"Once again, I'm sorry. I really am sorry."

Minsoo doesn't say a word in return, and Daniel thinks it's a mark for him to walk out the car. Minsoo stares straight at the road in front of him. As he feels Daniel enters the apartment building, Minsoo speeds up through the empty road. His mind is blank. He doesn't know what to do anymore. Anything seems stupid for him, and he also feels so stupid for bearing with the whole thing. He thought he's going to cry the moment Daniel walks out that door, but Minsoo comes to a point where it hurts so much he feels numb at any sense that his heart can feel of.

 

After driving for what seems to be eternity, Minsoo pulls ff at a road next to a small house, and knocks on the door like there's no tomorrow. The owner of the house supposed to be mad at the silly chaos that happened out of nowhere, but instead the door swings open and there stands Byunghun. He's seen this coming. He stares at his best friend sadly.

"You want to come in?"

Minsoo just stays there with his palms covering his face, not responding to Byunghun's offer.

"I know that my body is quite tiny and it might not help much but, some hugs are here if you need it."

Minsoo chuckles lightly and that brings smile to Byunghun's face, sweeps up all the worry that he has before. But not for long, because Minsoo just places his arms on Byunghun's shoulder firmly. Byunghun can see his bestfriend's face now. He doesn't cry, but pain and sadness are written all over his face.

"Thank you for everything, Byunghunie. I'm sorry for everything, as well. I should have been a way better friend for you."

With that, Minsoo hugs Byunghun really tightly and leaves him dumbfounded. He wants to ask wha happened but he surely has no choice as Minsoo releases the hug before Byunghun can even say anything.

"I'll miss you."

He waves, and he leaves.

 

 

----------

"Have you tried contacting his family?"

"I don't know any of his family. I know almost everything about Minsoo, But he never tells me anything about his family. All I know is that he lives alone. Maybe he has family far away; maybe he has no one else. But he lives alone in his apartment. He also never let me go to his apartment, I don't know where is it. You've never been there as well, have you?"

"Yeah... He always said that my place is much better."

Byunghun sighs. He hugs the other body next to him tightly, trying to burry all the sadness in the other's chest.

"You miss him that much?"

"He's my best friend. It's been years already. I worry about him a lot, I mean, you know how clumsy he is right?? He could be killed right now or even live as a pathetic homeless!"

The taller guy next to him wraps his arms around Byunghun's shoulder, pulls Byunghun closer to him, pats Byunghun's back to calm him down.

"I'm sorry. It was all because of me."

"I feel bad for him about this as well. I betrayed him. I'm a bad friend, ain't I?"

"You've said it yourself, it's been years. There are tons of possibility that might happen. Maybe he lives his life happily now, with someone who fits him perfectly."

Byunghun knows that doesn't wash up all the worries he has, but he losen the hug on his boyfriend's waist anyway. The latter now that he's not as tensed as before, and he feels a little bit better.

 

"Does that mean you also think this is wrong? We're also not supposed to be together."

"But this feels right, don't you think?"

Byunghun nods slowly and buries his face deeper to the other's chest.

"You should sleep, it is really late and it stresses you out. Get some rest. We will meet him again one day, and when that happens, he will be in much better condition, smiling like an idiot like how he used to. Okay?"

Byunghun nods again, but still doesn't say a word. The taller guy flicks the switch off and pulls the blanket over them, gives a quick peck on Byunghun's lips before closes his eyes to sleep.

 

"Good night, Byunghunie."

"Good night, Daniel."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


(A.N): i'm sorry :'D anyway, please do leave a comment to tell me what you guys think of this because i don't know whether people like this kind of fic or not, so please let me know! :D see you guys on my next fic, and once again, sorry :'D