Snow.

N.A.P oneshots!

January 15th, 2015

Dear Daniel,
How you doing today? What did you do today? Have you eaten yet? Did you do anything fun today? Do you have any plan later? I hope you're doing good, whatever it is that you're doing right now.

Uh, probably writing a letter is a bad idea after all. This is off to a bad start.
I'd like to try all over again but honestly I've been through a pack of loose leaf to rewrite this for the past few hours and this is my last one. This is my last chance. I'm gonna challenge it for real now. Bang Minsoo fighting!

Okay, so.. Hi.
I've been staying here for 6 months only but I feel like going home already. I miss you so much, Daniel. The weather in here is really chilly so the cold kills me every night when I try to sleep. If I were home with you, cold would never be a problem since you'll always keep me warm. Writing this letter only makes me miss you even more T___T

When I walked home from the campus today the snow started falling. By the time I reached my dorm, the snow has covered the ground. I'm looking outside my window now and it keeps growing. The kids play with it a lot. It looks so fun but if I also play with them, I'd catch a cold. You know how easy it is for me to get sick. Why am I so weak towards cold, why.. I want to create a snowman that looks like you so I can attach the picture here and send it along with the letter. Snow-Niel would be so cute.

I'm sorry that it took me 6 months to write a handwritten letter when I told you I'd write every month. I'd like to tell you about the whole studying and working thing that kept me occupied (but I'll always have time to think about you, don't worry) but you've heard me whining much enough during our phonecalls. I promise I'll start sending you more letter more regularly. I also apologize for my absence from being next to you, and trust me, there's nothing I want more than being next to you right now and holding you close in my arms, and it sometimes makes me lost all of my passion to keep going, but then I remember all of our future plans. I'm gonna work my off and study the hardest I possibly can so I can build a nice future for both us. Please wait for me! ^^

By the way, your mom called me a few days ago, asking me how am I doing. It was so sudden, at like 2 in the morning. I'm sure she had no idea that it was that early on me, but I wish you'd let me know she'd call, Daniel. I could have prepared myself for it. Prepare a joke or two to make her laugh. She seemed sad, somehow. Did something happen to you or your family? Before she hung up the phone, she told me to be happy in here, and I told her the thoughts of you always keep me happy despite being gazillion miles away from home. She sounded like she cried but she told me she caught a cold. Please take care of your mother, Daniel. Please also pass my greeting to her. Tell her I'll write a personal letter to her soon.

Ah, it's 4 AM now. I think I should go to bed. Thank you for the video call tonight. As I write this letter while staring at you falling asleep, I can get the word out easily. You've been so busy too lately that it's so hard for us to do video call. Please spare some time before you sleep, even just for 5 minutes T___T I miss you so much, Daniel. Please wait for me! A couple of years won't be that long! And I'll be home for a while in a few months too! Please! Wait! Yeah! 

I love you, Ahn Daniel. I always do. Have a good day!

Yours truly,
Bang Minsoo.

 

----------

 

The man sighs as he finishes the letter on his hand. He bites his lower lip and lets out another sigh. Staying still at his position for a few good minutes while his mind drifts somewhere else, he jumps slightly when the door on the room slams open, along with a loud shout from another guy who barges in.

"I told you I don't care! If you like him so much then why don't you date him yourself!"

The two men stare at each other for a few seconds before the younger forms a bitter smile on his lips and makes some small steps towards the other. The older wraps his arms around another thin body pressed against him and pulls him into a tight, warm hug. A faint sighs are heard, from both of them, before the younger moves away from the hug and the bitter smile returns on his face.

"The same thing again?"
"Yeah. I'm sorry you have to deal with it whenever you're around."
"That's okay. But..."

The older stops his sentence and lifts his hand up, revealing a piece of paper he's been holding all along. The other guy curses himself silently, extending his arm forward to grab the letter without actually trying so he gives up right away when the paper moves further, avoiding his thin, long fingers.

"I found this in your trash can."
"And that's exactly what it is. A trash. End of discussion."
"Why did you throw this away?"
"Because it's a trash. Hyung, please don't do this. I can't stop him from sending me letters."
"Daniel--"
"Niel. It's Niel. Only my mom that can call me Daniel."
"Then why does he get to call you Daniel?"
"That's-- I-- Hyung, I'm tired. I've had enough arguments for a day. Please, let me sleep. I threw it into the trash. That's what matters."
"Why aren't you breaking up with him?"
"Yet. I haven't done it yet. I will, as soon as possible. The man is obsessed with me, he'll be depressed if I end this. Besides, I don't feel like arguing with my mom about this now. Calm down, okay? I'm here now. I'm next to you now. Please."

Niel stares at the thin guy in front of him and shakes his head after he senses no movement from the latter. He lands his plump limps on the forehead of the short guy, before his lips make a quick visit on the other's. 

"I'm going to sleep now. Get some rest too. Good night, Byunghun hyung."

 

----------

 

January 15th, 2015; 7 PM KST.

"Hyung.."
"Yes, Daniel?"
"Do you love me?"
"I literally just said that I do 3 minutes ago."
"No, seriously, do you love me?"
"I do, Daniel. I always do."
"Minsoo hyung.."
"Yes, Daniel?"
"I'm sorry. I love you."