Backyard.

N.A.P oneshots!

Dark sky. Backyard. Mattress. A boy with tall but fragile body on it.

The thick lips of that fragile boy haven't produced any smile for the past few hours. He's still a teenager. He's not even 20. How can someone so young feel so much pain?

 

Footsteps on the grass are heard behind him. He knows that footstep; heck, he knows every single detail of the guy who owns it. Every. Single. Detail. Those details fill his tiny brain, take up many space, and leave just a tiny little place for the lyrics that he has to memorize. He feels that specific someone's presence on the mattress next to him. No, I can't talk, he thinks. Its clear, even a single mumble that comes out of his mouth will be followed by nonstop sobs. 

 

"Hey, you okay?"

Endure, Niel. Endure.

"Daniel-ah, you okay?"

No, Niel. You look awful when you cry.

"Daniel baby, wh--"

"Don't call me baby."

"But baby.."

"This isn't fair, hyung."

"But there's nothing that we can do."

"You can at least stop acting like you care."

"But I love you.."

"You don't."

"Daniel, we've been through this so many times."

"Is it because I'm too tall? Is it because I refuse the hugs in front of people? Is it because I'm childish? Is it because I'm too noisy? My thick lips? My voice crack? Oh, I know. I'm awful. That's definitely why." He lets out a chuckle. A bitter chuckle. A weak chuckle. A single drop of tears is seen on the mattress.

"You're perfect, Daniel.."

"But we're not together."

 

That's it. The winning statement. The older is speechless. He loses the battle.

Niel, feeling that the other doesn't reply to his words, starts to cry with his palms pressed against his face. He secretly hoped that the older would let out any sentence to defend himself but no. They're not together and they won't be together.

That's when he feels the older's arm wrapped around his shoulder and pulling him close to his chest. He cries, hard. Cursing between the sobs. Slapping the older hard on the chest. The older stays still. It breaks his heart to see the pretty face buried in his chest holding so much pain, but he know he can't do anything about it.

"LET GO OF ME!"

"No, Daniel."

"I SAID LET GO OF ME YOU JERK!"

"Go on, call me all you want. I won't let go."

 

Another footsteps are heard. The arm around Niel's shoulder no longer wraps as tight as it used to. He sobs even harder when they both feel another person sitting on the mattress behind them. Niel feels a palm caressing his hair smoothly. He cringes.

"Nielie, are you okay?" Niel hates that voice. That angelic voice.

I'm not. Go away. You both go away.

Niel feels the arm around his shoulder gone slowly, with him still leaning on his chest. He moves his head away from the broad chest, somehow glad to finally separate himself with the guy who causes the tears, but it hurts. It hurts because he knows why the warmth suddenly go away. The person behind them turns to the oldest, hoping to get at least a little clue of what's going on.

"Minsoo-yah, is he okay?"

"Ne, Chanhee. He's just tired and feels pressured by the schedule. I was trying to calm him down a bit."  Minsoo smiles between the lies. Chanhee nods and turn to the sobbing mess in front of him.

"Don't be, Nielie. Just get some rest now, okay? You'll feel better in the morning."

Chanhee smiles. Niel hates that smile. He takes a deep breath to calm himself down, when he witnesses another arms wrapped around Minsoo's waist, and a head rested on his shoulder.

"You too, jagiya. Go sleep now, I'll calm Niel down, okay? I'll be there with you soon."

The older gets up, pecks Chanhee on the cheek and whispers a soft thank you, quickly ruffles Niel's hair. And then he disappears, leaving Niel with someone that he hates the most.

 

Someone that steals his favorite hyung's heart.

Someone that crushes all of his dreams of being with his leader.

Someone, who's sadly being so nice to him, not knowing of how Minsoo breaks his heart every now and then.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


(a.n: please don't hate me for writing this.. i just had to.. c':)