Research.

N.A.P oneshots!

"Annyeong haseyo, Bang Minsoo imnida."

"Annyeong haseyo, Ahn Daniel imnida."

"You can just call me Minsoo, if you want to, Daniel-ssi."

"Please, just Niel, Minsoo-ya."

Awkward smile from Minsoo. Awkward smile from Niel.

"So..."

"You're just like what I expected you to be."

"What did you expect?"

"Tall, interesting yet mysterious guy with deep voice."

"A single photo can tell so many things, huh?"

"Well, a single photo and a single guy named Byunghun.."

"Byunghun is not s-- wait, you know Byunghun??"

Raising eyebrows from Minsoo. Light chuckle from Niel.

"Byunghun is my roommate."

"Byunghun and I are f--"

"Friends before you guys can even walk.. Yeah, I know.."

Another awkward, now added with nervous, smile from Minsoo.

"Does that dwarf tell you anything about me?"

"Well he did say that you normally don't want meet people unless..."

"Unless..?"

Another light chuckle from Niel. I'll kill you, Byunghun.

"Unless the person is really cute, because apparently, Minsoo's type is the cute ones."

I seriously am gonna kill you, Byunghun.

"Well, you're cute."  Cues the red shade on Minsoo's cheeks.

"Thanks, heard that a lot." Another light chuckle and a sweet smile from Niel

Minsoo swears his heart skipped a beat. Do something. Hide your blush.

A spoonful of vanilla ice cream to Minsoo's mouth. Cringe from Minsoo.

"Calm down, Minsoo-ya. We have all day. Well if you want to."

"Of course I want!... I mean, sure. We can talk all day."

More nervous chuckle from Minsoo.

"You're interesting."

"What kind of interesting?"

"Like that kind of interesting where I want to make a research based on you only."

"Well isn't that the reason of why I'm here now?"

"Sure, but now you're only being part of it."

"What was that about again?"

"The correlation between amount of sleeping and relationship with people around."

This is so me.

"So, you want to start now?"

"No, not really. I need to get to know you better. We have all day, remember?"

"Ah I see.. Well, if that's the case, may I ask you a question?"

"Sure, what is it?"

"How did you find me? Did someone recommend me or something? I don't know a lot of people."

"Ah, that.. Well, you know Chanhee? He's the one that recommended you to me."

"Chanhee...?"

"Lee Chanhee? Brown hair, kinda short, with bunny teeth? Loud and noisy?"

"AH! You mean Byunghun's crush?"

"Byunghun what?? Wait, Byunghun has a crush on Chanhee??"

Abort mission on killing Byunghun. I repeat, abort mission on killing Byunghun.

"Well, I'm not so sure, but Byunghun always stares at Chanhee like..."

"Like he wants to eat him? Yeah. I can see that."

Chuckle from Minsoo. Not so nervous now.

"How did you know Chanhee?"

"We went to the same high school. Kinda like you and Byunghun. Only not so quiet."

"Ah I see, well how did Chanhee recommend me...? We don't know each other that much.."

"I'm not sure. I met him a couple of days ago, we were catching up and I told him about this and he suddenly shouted, like literally shouted in the middle of the crowded cafe, that he knew the perfect person. Sometimes I wonder why am I friends with him."

Smile from Minsoo. You're the one who's interesting.

"And then...?"

"So, he told me that Byunghun's best friend is a sleepyhead. Byunghun often tells him that he cancels his workout because apparently, the workout buddy forgets about it and ends up sleeping for half of the day. Perfect for my research."

Should I kill Byunghun now?

"Wait, so they're actually talking to each other a lot?"

"Are they secretly seeing each other behind our backs??"

Cues the dramatic expression from Niel. And a cute laugh as an appreciation from Minsoo.

"How can they know each other anyway?"

"Well, one day Chanhee came to my dorm just to talk and catch up, and Byunghun was there. He can't keep his eyes off of Chanhee and by the end of the day, he ended up begging Chanhee to give him his phone number. Creepy much."

"Let me guess.. Chanhee was terrified because they didn't talk at all...?"

"Exactly! Ever since Chanhee walked through our door, Byunghun did nothing but staring at him, intensely, like his life was depended on it. He did say hi at the very first start, but managed to actually say it the right way after the fifth try."

"I'm surprised Chanhee can actually handle Byunghun.."

"Well, if you put yourself in my shoes, actually I'm surprised Byunghun can handle Chanhee. He's really, really noisy and loud and he just can't stop talking and when he talks to you and you don't give any respond he'll end up poking you until you give him a proper one!"

"I can see why you guys are friends.."

Chuckle from Minsoo. Light slap on Minsoo's wrist from Niel.

"I'm sorry.. I should be the one listening not the other way around."

"No, no don't mind me I was just kidding. Please continue.. I like the way you talk."

And I like everything about you, basically.

"So..."

 

1 hour passed.

4 hours passed.

Sun sets.

More hours passed.

 

The round clock on the wall grabs Niel's attention.

Gasps from Niel added with a deep sigh.

"It's getting late.. I still have so many things that I'd like to ask about you but I have to go now."

"I can't believe there's actually someone who can stand talking to me for hours."

"I told you, you're interesting. Now I really want to make a research about you. "

"Will take that as a compliment. Do you want me to drive you back?"

"No thanks, I'm driving, its okay. Thanks for your time. It's really fun talking to you."

Niel bows and walks pass him. No, this can't be it.

"Wait.."

A gentle grab on Niel's wrist from Minsoo. A happy smile from Niel.

"Can I have your number? Maybe I can find you a time where I'm not busy sleeping and you can have more research on me like you want, perhaps over dinner?"