Magic.

N.A.P oneshots!

Niel always gets what Niel wants.

It's not because he's a spoiled brat or a rich teenager, but somehow, magically, it just happens. And it's not just about gifts, like how Niel jokingly said to his friends that if he gets Shinwa's concert ticket then his Christmas would be a total blast and suddenly the thin paper was right there under Niel's dorm door on the next day, it also occurs to so many things around Niel daily life, from which seat he wants to take on the bus, what kind of food he wants at the cafeteria today, and any of Niel's sudden food craving.

 

Some people would be happy about this, but somehow Niel feels terrified. This isn't magic. The banana milk everyday in his locker, the chocolate bar that Niel can't resist every time he gets a bad score, and even the groceries at the end of the month; Niel doesn't ask for this. Niel never asks for this. Then this can't be the magic that his friends always talk about, right?

Niel knows there's something behind all this. Or to be exact, someone.

He's terrified. He's scared. He's annoyed. Yet he never speaks out how he actually feels. Being the shy kid he is, Niel never lets anyone knows what's inside his mind, except for his closest friends. So there he is, letting the magic keeps happening to help him lives his everyday life.

 

That is until Changhyun, one of his (only) two close friends gives him an idea; he has to stop speaking out what he wants, then maybe the magic stops. From that day on, Niel always holds himself back whenever he feels like telling his friends what he wants and if he needs or craves something. It works. Sure, the chocolate bars and the banana milks and the groceries stay, but one day when Niel doesn't get the ramyun that he badly craves until the end of the day, he knows this will come to an end.

And it actually confirms that this is not a magic.

 

Niel lives his life with that magic disappearing slowly out of his life until one day he faces a really bad day; he learns the disappointment of not seeing the bibimbap he wants during lunch, he needs to go to five different stores to find his special shampoo because suddenly it runs out yet he gets nothing, and he doesn't get the ice cream that he feels would be great in the hot torturing summer. He goes back to his dorm with empty hand and worn-out thin body, then it happens, again. A plastic bag in front of his dorm's door. Lunch box with bibimbap inside, his special shampoo supplies enough for a two months, eight pieces of the specific ice cream that he wants earlier, and a piece of paper with average handwriting in red, Niel's favorite color.

"What do you want, say all of it, I can grant all of your wishes."

 

Niel loses it. He drops the plastic back on the floor.

The thin body then runs to the nearest park and sits on the bench. He doesn't do anything. He basically just sits there and looks straight. A lot of people pass by and see the look on Niel's eyes, they know this young boy is not okay, but the thick lips keep producing "Gwenchana.." and a sincere smile to answer every question asked to him.

The sun sets and the sky turns dark, the wind is blowing lightly.

The weather drives people mad; it's seriously hot by noon yet it freezes you out by night. And the young boy is still sitting in the exact same bench, looking straight, only in his thin t-shirt and jeans. His thick lips turns pale, his face turns pale. He can't handle the cold. But he needs this to stop right now or he'll definitely go mad.

 

Niel shifts. He lifts his feet up on the bench, hugs his legs and buries his fragile face on his knees. 3 minutes. 8 minute. 17 minutes. There he is. He knows it. He feels the torturing cold suddenly gone replaced by a warm blanket around his body. Suddenly Niel breaks down and cries. He sobs on his knees. He doesn't even know why. He wants to, but he doesn't know why.

"Who are you?"

Silence. Niel feels another person sitting on the space next to him on the bench. He hugs his legs tighter, silently cursing himself for not bringing his phone or anything else to protect himself.

"Who are you...? Please, I'm tired." His voice cracks.

"Well how can I tell who I am if you don't even look at me? You won't know me if I tell you my name." Deep voice. Familiar deep voice. Risking everything, Niel lifts his head down while silently hoping the guy won't be scary ahjussi that wants to kidnap him. Yet when he has his head properly up and his eyes opened, Niel is taken by surprise, he really is familiar.

"Bang Minsoo, you probably don't know me but I'm..."

"You're the mysterious guy in my Calculus class."

"Wow, you actually know me?" Bang Minsoo chuckles lightly.

"You're that guy who stares at me like you want to eat me.. That explains everything!"

"Hey, I may be a stalker but I am not going to eat you."

Niel freezes. Somehow he's glad that this guy is not some scary man with byuntae face, but he still doesn't know Minsoo's real intention. He's just a bit relieved that the face is familiar.

"So you do stalk me.."

"I'm not saying I don't."

"But why?"

"Because I like you...? That's supposed to be obvious from this point on."

"But why do you have to be so creepy and stalk me instead of just talking to me?"

"I don't talk to a lot of people, Daniel..." He stops. Niel recalls special occasions where Minsoo ever talks in class, which basically just everytime the lecturer asks him something. "...so I'm not really that kind of guy who would walk up to you and ask you on a date. Plus..."

"Plus...?"

"Saying 'Hey Daniel, you're beautiful'.. I mean admit it, you are tired of hearing those words.."

Minsoo lightly chuckles. Niel blushes. This isn't as bad as he thinks it is.

"So you just go around following me everywhere?"

"I'm about to come out one day, and since you're smart I knew you're gonna find out too but I didn't think it would be this fast. I actually just wanted to let you live your life happily and, maybe when the times is right, walk to you and confess but I didn't know this would creep you out. Pabo."

This time Niel chuckles. Minsoo freezes. You're the prettiest thing on earth, Daniel.

"You seem like you're having fun doing all of this."

"Well, its.. Incredible, special, and exciting."

"What?"

"I mean, you.. Everything that you do. The whole stalking thing. It's fun."

"Fun? You're insane."

"It's fun when you're following an interesting and cute person like you."

"Do you realize it's still stalking and it's still creepy no matter what?"

Minsoo laughs. He seems happy. You're really cute, actually.

"Can I make it up to you? Let's do this the right way.."

"What do y--"

Minsoo gets up and walks a few steps away from the bench, and then walks back to Niel slowly. Niel stares at him confusedly, and Minsoo stares at him like how he always does, but this time without the look that Niel referred as "as if you want to eat me". He stops a few steps from the bench, and he bows to Niel. The other tilts his head confusedly, stopping Minsoo's heartbeat.

Damn, put it together, Minsoo. Don't screw up.

"Annyeong haseyo, Bang Minsoo imnida. Just call me Minsoo if you want to. I'm that weird guy on your Calculus class and I've been failing every test since I've never paid attention to anything else but you. You caught my attention since the first time you walked through that door and that's why I always sit on the corner because I can see you and all cute things that you do. I like the way you smile and how it brightens up my every day, and I want to be one of the reasons of the smile. Would you discuss with me on how it can happen, while I treat you a cup of coffee and a piece of cheese cake?"

"Can I think about it while you walk me back to the dorm?"

"I thought you'll never ask."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


(A/N: This fic is inspired by the lyric of one of the Teen Top singles, can you guess what it is? xD)