Thunder.

N.A.P oneshots!

a. n: The song used in this fic is: Details in the Fabric by Jason Mraz feat. James Morrison.

Click here to listen to it, there's the lyric on the description.

You can also listen to it while reading this! Enjoy :)


 

 

The thunder strikes in the middle of the night and it wakes Niel up.

It terrifies him, in fact, since right before the scary thing happens, he was in a deep nightmare. It's a good think that he escapes from it, but not so good since he can't stand thunders and lightnings.

 

Niel sits straight on the bed that he shared with Jonghyun. He leans on the wall, hugging his legs, stares at the bed above him as if that could wake the maknae up.

"Jonghyunie~ ireona~"

The soft whisper doesn't do any work and Daniel himself knows it (as he silently curses himself for being so stupid) so he punces the bed a bit and speaks louder.

"Yah, Choi Jonghyun~! Ireona~!"

Still no movement from above. Niel sighs and pouts his plump lips, before screaming out loud due to another thunder that strikes outside his dorm. The maknae is still sleeping soundly, which is weird since he's a light sleeper, but Niel pays him no attention as he's busy trembling and burying his face on his knees.

 

The dark room soon gets a quick visit by a bit of light as the door is opened by a guy. Niel quickly turns his head to find Minsoo holding a glass and wearing a big bright smile. It makes Niel can't help but smiling as well, who can resist such an angelic looking guy? Before Minsoo even reaches the bed, Niel has scooted a bit to give Minsoo room to sit next to him. Minsoo sits there and hands him the glass. Hot chocolate, perfect. This is not so bad afterall.

"Nightmare?"

Niel puffs his cheeks and nods softly while sipping on the drink. He stares at Minsoo with big puppy eyes and pouts his lips a little.

"And thunders, too."

"I figured, but the look on your face says you just had a nightmare. You okay?"

Niel can't help but to blush at how much Minsoo pays attention to details of him. He shakes his head slowly to answer to the question and pouts a bit more.

"I can't go back to sleep, hyung. I'm afraid."

I just want you to stay here with me.

"Come here."

Minsoo pats his lap and smiles at Niel, and the younger obeys. He lays his head on Minsoo's lap with the leader caressing his soft hair. Niel is so tired with the schedule and everything, but closing his eyes and sleeping will be such a waste. He doesn't want to miss all of this.

 

"Calm down.. Deep breath.. And get yourself dressed, instead~"

Minsoo loves to sing. Especially, ballad.

How he stumbles into becoming a rapper is obvious since he's nothing compared to Chanhee and Niel, but he loves singing ballad song as much as the two vocalists of his. He tries hard at sounding good, at he does sound decent at times, but even if he sounds as bad as a trainwreck, Minsoo's singing voice is still better than any sound existed to Niel's ears.

 

"If it's a broken part, replace it.. If it's a broken arm, then brace it.. If it's a broken heart, then face it~"

The emotional vocal is looking at his leader above him, with the other guy looking back at him while smiling. He likes it when Minsoo sings. He likes it when Minsoo is with him.

He likes Minsoo and everything he does.

 

"Hang on, help is on the way.. Stay strong, I'm doing everything~"

He wants to stay like this for as long as possible, but he knows this will come to an end. Minsoo sings this song a lot of time for him already that he starts to memorize the words as well and every time he does it ends the same way. He doesn't want Minsoo to go.

 

"Hold your own.. Know your name.. And go your own way.. And everything will be fine.. Everything.. In no time at all.. Hearts will hold~"

But the song has reached to the end and Minsoo has to go. Niel holds in all the feeling and does countdown in his head before a not-so-soft whimper is heard outside his room.

 

"Minsoo hyung~ eodiya~"

Minsoo quickly looks at the door eventhough the source is not there, but quickly after that the door opens and there stands Changhyun, with his blanket wrapped around his shoulder and his rilakkuma bear in his arms.

"Hyung.. Why are you here~?"

"Nielie is scared of thunders, baby. Go back to bed, I'll be there in a minute."

Minsoo gives the fake maknae a smile and he replies with a sleepy grin. As Changhyun walks out the door, Niel feels a sharp bullet in his heart. This hurts more every single time.

 

Minsoo puts Niel's head down slowly on the pillow and gives him a quick peck on his forehead. Niel grabs Minsoo's shoulder and sticks out his lower lip.

"It was a terrifying nightmare, hyung."

Minsoo can only chuckle at how cute dongsaeng is, and he leans his face closer to the other before pressing his lips on Niel's plump ones. This isn't the first time they kiss but it still makes Niel wants to explode louder than the thunder. He smiles and starts to  return the kiss softly. The leader breaks it after a while and gives him one last peck on his lips before getting up and ruffling Niel's hair again.

"Sleep well, honey."

 

Minsoo leaves and he also leaves Niel smiling like an idiot. The  thunder party is still happening outside of their dorm but it doesn't scare Niel anymore. He basically shuts the world and lets himself sinks in the happiness.

"You do know that was wrong, right?"

Of course, the maknae won't let him slip away that easy. Niel raises his eyebrows and stares up.

"This makes me happy."

"Changhyun is a little kid. How dare you do this to such a naive human being."

 

Niel still smiles through it all, hugs his bolster tightly and pulls his blanket up. He's ready to go back to sleep again and what just happened will be a great ammo to the upcoming nightmare.

"Yeah right. As if you don't like seeing Changhyun in here with nothing but he's boxers on."

No reply coming from the higher bed.