Changes. [Arms / 2]

N.A.P oneshots!

He once again comes home to the dark, quiet house.

All the light has been turned off and his eyes cathes Byunghun's tiny figure under layers of blanket on the sofa-bed, and he smiles as he makes his way to the leader's room, only to be greeted by another dark, quiet room. 

He changes his clothes and slips into Minsoo's loose t-shirt and boxers, before slipping himself into the tight hug of the older. A few pecks was landed on Minsoo's nose and a pair of pump lips whispers so quietly, careful not to wake the other.

"Good night, love."

---

Niel wakes up early like how he usually does these days. In fact, sleeping becomes useless as he feels even more tired at the short-span rest.

But Niel does not usually wake up to an empty bed. Like today.

Niel usually leaves for schedules when everyone else still in deep sleep. He usually sticks a note on the kitchen counter telling them to have a good day. He usually kisses Minsoo's sleeping face all over and smiles at his casual grunts. He usually sighs a lot before coming down to greet his manager that is always in a hurry.

But Niel does not usually leave when Minsoo is not around. Like today.

He finishes his shower and drinks his milk and takes one good look at the mirror, and Minsoo is still not home. 

 

Niel bites his lips as he opens the door. A pair of shoes are missing. Minsoo was out running.

He wants to wait, but his manager hates waiting. And Minsoo knows. Minsoo knows there's no way Niel will be waiting.

---- 

He takes a deep breath as he turns the knob. The house is still bright and noisy, unlike how it usually does for the past few weeks. He chuckles when he enters the living room, seeing everyone cheer in joy (and surprise) at the sight of him that is so uncommon these days, and at Changhyun that immediately jumps at the boxes of pizza in his hand. 

"Minsoo hyung is in his room."

Chanhee seems to read Niel's mind before he does, and he smiles at the older as a way of thanking him. He takes some heavy steps towards the leader's room, preparing for the worst to come. He is incredibly tired. He doesn't want to do this. But he has to.

Niel enters the room, the dimmed, quiet room, and he finds his boyfriend in front of the computer.

 

"Hey, I'm home."

Minsoo hummed. And that was not what Niel had in mind as a proper response.

 

Niel is used to Minsoo's arms circle around his waist as they both hug to make up for the time that they're apart. Niel is used to Minsoo's lips against his own and he likes, he loves, he lives for the warmth. 

The younger sits next to the other and he stares at his boyfriend. Minsoo looks like he hasn't slept for days. 

 

"You changed your hair."

Niel lifts his head up and surprised at the wordsㅡ he thought he'll just sit there in silence at least for an hourㅡand his plump lips form a smile. He whispers, in the voice that is so small it gets buried by the frantic clicking from Minsoo's mouse.

 

"Do you like it?"

"I didn't even know you changed your hair."

 

And the younger curses at himself under his breath. Minsoo's eyes are still glued at the monitor and the clicking in his mouse doesn't get any less quiet, as if nothing actually matters to him.

 

"I wanted to surprise you...?"

"It sure did surprise me when I saw your pictures on the news portal."

 

Niel opens his mouth to say a word but he knows he has lost the battle. He can't bring himself to look at Minsoo, who has know turned himself to face Niel, with straight face looking at him. 

Perhaps nothing actually does matter to him at all.

 

"I cut my hair before the fansign. I needed it for the MV shoot."

"Didn't even know you'll have an MV shoot."

"Well its t--"

"Tomorrow, at 6 AM. Byunghun told me. Apparently everyone knows about you more than I do these days."

"Hyung, let's not make a big deal out of this. I'm tired."

"Aren't you always, lately? Go get your sleep, you need it."

 

"You said you will be fine. That it will all be okay. That I don't have to think about you and focus on myself."

"I said that to my boyfriend. I don't know who you are."

 

And Minsoo leaves him in the dimmed, and even more, quiet room. Alone, with his arms hugging his knees tightly and his teeth biting down the plump lower lip. All the rush of emotion come rushing.  

He's so tired. He'll deal with this tomorrow.

 

And he cries himself to sleep.