Chocolate Mint. [2/3]

N.A.P oneshots!

(To read the 1st part, click here: [click!])


 

Byunghun waves his tiny hand in front of Minsoo's face. He knew it. The taller guy didn't listen to his words. Minsoo still stares blankly at the space in front of him while smiling dumbly (that's nothing new for Byunghun by now). Byunghun has seen Minsoo sleeps millions of times but seeing him sleeping and dreaming with his eyes open is kinda scary. But he's not sleeping. Both of them jump in surprise when Minsoo's flip phone vibrates on the cafeteria table. Minsoo hurries to grab it, but Byunghun beats him by milliseconds, snatches the phone first and flips the phone open.

"I might die in curiosity anytime soon. And if it happens, I'll haunt you first."

Byunghun opens the new message and reads it carefully. He smiles a little. And then he sees the sender.

He stares at Minsoo in disbelief.

"What?"

"Niel? Are you serious? Him again?"

"What's wrong with him?"

"What's w-- yah can you stop being so stupid for once?"

"He's so cute isn't he? He replied my text with a smile emoticon."

"And he sends nothing else. He doesn't want to talk to you."

"But he replied my texts."

"Because he feels bad."

"Why would he?" Minsoo grins. Out of nowhere.

"He left you. He freaking left you and dumped you. He gave you months of heartbreak."

Minsoo still grins. Byunghun is pretty sure this isn't his friend and an alien just took over his body.

"What did he say?"

"Yah."

"Byunghunie~" The aegyo is out. Byunghun has no other choice.

"'I haven't, how about you?'" Byunghun reads out the message lazily, and he finds his older friend smiles brightly at the word that came out from his mouth.

"Even if he replied with just an exclamation mark you would be happy as well, ain't you."

Minsoo smiles wider and nods rapidly.

 

 

----------

bms1104: have you eaten?

bms1104: dont forget to eat youre too thin

bms1104: '^'

danielahn: not yet, you?

danielahn: lol no not that skinny

bms1104: last time i checked youre still a walking stick

bms1104: go eat now '-')/

bms1104: quick quick~

danielahn: when was it

bms1104: when was what?

danielahn: the last time you checked

bms1104: two months ago?

danielahn: wait how???

danielahn: we havent met for at least a half year

danielahn: :O

bms1104: i saw you when i was catching my train

bms1104: poor you got crushed in the middle of old men

danielahn: ah i see lol

danielahn: well ive grown a lot since then

bms1104: not gonna believe in it

danielahn: youve never believed in me :c

bms1104: theres only one way to find out

bms1104: ofc ive believed in you

bms1104: plenty of times

bms1104: just not now

danielahn: how

danielahn: sure lol

bms1104: i need to see it by my own eyes

danielahn: ?

bms1104: youre busy this saturday?

danielahn: nope, why?

bms1104: you still like chocolate mint ice cream?

 

 

----------

byeongari: dont hesitate to knock on my door at anytime

byeongari: even if its 3 in the morning

byeongari: ill be here

byeongari: but dont tell me that i didnt warn you

Minsoo just smiles at his bestfriend's weird affection. He then stares at the building in front of him. Daniel's apartment. The place where he used to spend most of his times at. He shakes his head to make the bad memories go away, and sends a message to Daniel instead.

bms1104: done?

danielahn: in 15

danielahn: arrived already?

danielahn: just come upstairs

Minsoo has to rub his eyes millions of times, blinks stupidly, and rereads the entire chat that Daniel has sent him to make sure that he's not dreaming. It is reality. Daniel wants him to come to his room. He walks inside the apartment building and takes the route that he still remembers so clearly to get to Daniel's room, while still trying to process the entire thing. Before he knows it, he arrives at that room, the room where he used to spend a lot of his times at. Daniel's room.

 

A few knocks on the door and it swings open.

And there's Daniel. Stands behind the door in his T-shirt and shorts. With a semi wet hair, indicating that he just finished showering. Daniel smiles.

Daniel. Smiles. At. Minsoo.

Minsoo feels numb.

He tries so hard not to hug the skinny guy tightly due to the possibility of him might crushing his bones, but he really misses Daniel. And the smile doesn't help at all. Minsoo's heart is burning. He curses himself for letting Daniel slipped away. Minsoo opens his mouth and the closes it again several times, not being able to let out a single word. Daniel chuckles at the silliness.

 

"Hey, Minsoo. Long time no see."

"H-hey. Y-you look so cu-- I mean yes, long time no see."

Daniel chuckles again.

"Pabo as always."

Daniel then leaves Minsoo still standing on the doorway. Feeling that the older doesn't follow him, he turns around and stares at the older in confusion, tilts his head while mumbles cutely.

"You don't want to come in?"

Dear, Lord, have some mercy on me.

 

 

----------

The date goes better than how Minsoo predicted it to be. He smiles looking at the other guy who sits in front of him who currently eats a spoonful of chocolate mint ice cream on his 5th cups. Daniel loves ice cream so much. Minsoo loves Daniel even more.

"So I was right."

"About what?"

"You. Still as thin as thick."

Daniel pouts only to earn a sigh from Minsoo. He's this close to giving up.

"Don't you see me eating all these ice creams? I eat a lot, you know."

"Yeah. Can't blame it on you then."

Minsoo smiles and wipes the ice cream off of Daniel's corner lips. He tries to play it cool but ends up shaking and Niel feels it. He laughs at the older guy and eats another spoonful of the cream goodness.

"So how's life?" Daniel asks as he stacks his empty cup on top of the previous ones. Minsoo signals a waitress to come and gives him another cup of ice cream.

"I'm not sure. School has been really hard on me."

"You always blame school. You're just lazy."

"I'm just not as smart as you."

"You are smart. Just, less sleeping and more reading, perhaps?"

"Well maybe we can have some study time together like we used to? It always helped me focus, I can use some now. Midterm is coming up soon."

Daniel bites his lips and looks down at the table. The waitress comes and brings him another cup of chocolate mint ice cream and Daniel snatches it hurriedly.

"You sure you don't want another ice creams? This is golden, you know."

"Yeah. I guess."

Minsoo just stares at Daniel, feeling disappointed as his offer got left hanging, but then again he fnally gets another chance on talking to his own kind of drug. Does he even have any right to complain?