Couch.

N.A.P oneshots!

Minsoo can't sleep when everyone else is around.

That is something that a lot of people know already. Plus, being the leader of five other kids that never seem to ever grow up and being a calm person he is, he doesn't think he can handle having one of them as his roommate, as a person that he wants to spend his quality quiet time with. The company thought that it's a wise thing to give Minsoo his own room, he's the leader afterall. But no, he didn't want any. He's afraid that the other will think this isn't fair; they work together as a team and Minsoo can roll on his own bed? But even after his dongsaengs convinced him they're not that childish, Minsoo still didn't want to accept it. So there it is, the empty room that Minsoo uses only to store his things and when he really really needs a bed.

 

The couch. Minsoo's favorite place of all. Minsoo thinks this is the most fair way for all of them; he sleeps alone, yet he gets no special treatment whatsoever. The couch is his lovely throne by night. His dongsaengs hate to see him struggling to fit his big body on that tiny couch of theirs, holding on to the cold, but Minsoo doesn't listen to them. They all worry about Minsoo's health due to the cold and his back condition since couch is not a proper place to sleep, but Minsoo gets what Minsoo wants, and he wants the chouch.

There's always an exception, of course. Nights decorated by rain come down to see them often these days, and maknaes are not a big fan of thunders. At times like this Minsoo will go to their room and just slip between both of them, calm them down, give them the warmth they need. But soon after they both fall into deep sleep, Minsoo will go back to his throne. These are also applied to times when Byunghun is stressed out due to the bad comments he receives from fans, or times when Chanhee misses his family. Minsoo will be there, until he's good enough to have his quality time alone.

 

There's always a special exception, of course, to none other than Niel. For example today.

Minsoo caught a cold. The kids can't stop blaming him for keep sleeping on the couch without any blanket, but as always, he doesn't listen. Minsoo doesn't listen. He keeps on sleeping on that tiny couch with only his tees and his boxers, leaving the TV on even after he falls asleep. Niel, who's on his way to grab a glass of water in the middle of the night, witnesses this situation. The leader's face looks pale, he keeps coughing in his sleep, and he trembles hard. He leaves his long legs hanging on the end of the couch. He knows he has to do something about this.

Niel fights with his own will whether to do the bright idea that he comes up with earlier or not, but he soon finds himself slowly makes his way to the couch, and kneels in front of Minsoo slowly shaking his shoulder. Minsoo wakes up, of course; there's always this special thing about Niel that his single poke can wake Minsoo up but Chanhee's loud squeal won't even make him shift. He's about to let out an annoyed grunt when he opens his tiny eyes of him and sees the guy with thick lips. His favorite dongsaeng, with blankets wrapped around his shoulder. They don't share any word, yet Minsoo quickly makes a space on that tiny couch for Niel so the younger can slip in front of him. And there he is, with his back pressed agains Minsoo's chest, and the older takes in the scent in Niel's hair with his hand rests lazily on Niel's tiny waist. Start the mission, Niel-ssi.

 

"Hyung, the coouch is too small for us."

 "Then go back to your room, Daniel-ah.."

"But I want to sleep next to you hyungie, I can't sleep."

Cues the pout. Minsoo sighs. Great job, Niel-ssi. Almost there.

 "Fine, I'll accompany you until you sleep, okay?"

"Shireo.. Changhyun keeps on kicking me.."

"Then I'll sleep next to Changhyun so he can kick me instead?"

"B-b-but, later when you leave us he'll kick me again.. And also.."

"Also..?"

Here you go. Prepare to launch the special weapon, Niel-ssi.

"I want to only see your face when I wake up tomorrow morning." Puppy eyes. Another cute pout. 

Silence. Niel then lets out a small smile knowing himself wins the situation, with Minsoo slowly gets up and lifts him with his blanket to Minsoo's abandoned room. Congratulation, Ahn Daniel. You're a genius.

 

Minsoo puts down the fragile body on his bed. His own bed. In his own room. God knows how long has it been since the last time Minsoo slept on that comfortable bed. The thin body on the bed starts to roll on the other side like a kid, letting the other to lay down next to him.

"Hyungie ppali I want to sleep.."

Niel pats the space next to him, Minsoo answers by throwing his tall body beside Niel, facing the ceiling. He pulls Niel close to him while slowly mumbles a few words that make Niel chuckles.

"Why didn't I sleep in here more? This feels so good."

Niel lays his head down close to Minsoo's chest. Inhaling Minsoo's scent. Listening to Minsoo's heartbeat. Feeling Minso's warmth through his arms that wrapped around him tightly.

"Maybe because you only want to sleep here with me."