Steps.

N.A.P oneshots!

author notes: this is late by a day but i managed to finish this for minsoo's birthday! i've been writing this for months now but i can't seem to ever finish it. i'm sorry if this isn't that good OTL. let me know what you guys think! P.S: this is written in minsoo's POV :D


 

When people tell me my favoritism towards a certain member shows a lot, I only shrug it off and make a comment in my head. I really didn't buy it at first. Favoritism? Do you make up things in your head as you see us? I'm a good leader, I love all of my members equally much.

But then I see the clips that the fans took during fansignings, or anywhere with fans basically, and I found myself surprised at what I see. I started to recall how did that even happen in the first place before I can finally admit, that favoritism does exist. Sometimes I just can't help it, it's like there's a system in my body rebelling to the whole "loving everyone equally" and decided to make me look like a complete idiot in front of a specific someone.

You know what else I did realize?
That I don't really mind doing all that. He doesn't really mind either.
He loves it, Angels love it, everyone wins.

Later on I started to realize a pattern. What stupid Minsoo does when there's a cute member around that makes him can't just stay still. Here it is; Three Steps into Ahn Daniel's Attention.

Uh wait, I can talk about this topic for hours, so let's just get the smaller parameter.
Three Steps into Ahn Daniel's Attention: Radio Edition.

 

I. Skinship
You know what's the most important thing in a radio show? Your own placement. Where you sit through the entire program, where you stand when you sing, it will all result in how good you look and how much air time you produce. It's amazing how something as simple as your position will determine how much new fans you'll gain at the end of the show.

But then again, I'm Bang Minsoo, I choose my seat not because I want to be seen (in fact the more hidden the better since it means sleeping time), but because I prefer to sit next to certain people. I'm not really picky, you know. I can sit next to everyone basically, but there are times when I really just want to sit next to a specific someone, just cause. And those times, apparently happen a lot these days.

As I said before, this thing seems so simple that I sometimes just remember about it when I reach the studio and all the seats have been filled except for one which is supposed to be mine. If I'm lucky, I can get what I want just like that, but sometimes I don't and instead I end up next to Byunghun who will boast through the entire show, or even Chanhee who can turn into a killjoy during his moody season. Now kids, you might not always get what you want served on a plate for you, but you can work for it. One of the way is to snatch it from someone else's hands.

And that's what I normally do. It's usually between Byunghun and Changhyun, but Changhyun asks way too many questions so my choice is always Byunghun. Shake his seat until he's annoyed and eventually give up. I always use the excuse of the seat being captured so well by the camera, eventho I know Byunghun is smarter than that to know my real intention. Whatever, the leader is always right.

And that brings us to the last thing to complete this step; make your existence known to the target. As soon as I lean comfortably on the seat, I will move my chair closer to his, lean my head on his shoulder, and join the conversation with everyone else. That's it. Easy move, but I will be noticed. He will be startled at first, always, all the time, eventho I've done this a gazillion times before, and then let me do anything I want anyway. And by anything I mean wrapping my arm around his shoulder, or fix his hair when it gets all messed up, or even occasional hug here and there.

Have you seen the clips of cats doing several things and you just squeal at how adorable it is? Well, no kitty videos can top how cute Ahn Daniel looks when he blushes. I can't see his face when I lean my head on him, but I swear he must be blushing. He always does.

Step 1: Complete.

 

II. Eye Contact
Promoting in radio shows is my favorite activity in the whole wide world of promoting. You don't really move much, you perform without tiring choreos, and sometimes, when you're sneaky enough, you can get some sleep in between. Perfect life of me.

Another reason why I like radio shows so much is because I get to watch Daniel sings with everything he has without being disturbed by the complicated dance moves. He stays at the same place too, which means it will be easier for me to look at him. I mean, have you looked at how good he is when he sings? Imagine seeing it up close, right next to you, while holding yourself not to just spazz it out there for the world to see (damn this viewable radio). So what else can I do? Exactly what you see me doing everytime this happens; staring at him as if my life depends on it.

Which brings us to another cute point of a Daniel, how he reacts towards the stares that I get on him. Sure, the other kids stare at him too to follow me along, but as they make it a joke to make him nervous, you can just sense some sort of love signal coming out of my eyes (that's literally what an Angel told me one time). And he will usually react in a really cute smile of embarassment, or even a voice crack.  That wasn't really good to hear, but knowing it was caused by me does bring a smile on my face as well.

As much as I stare at him, he does stare back at me a lot. He even finish some songs while looking back at me deeply, which seems like he sings the entire song to me, but then again most of our songs these days have sappy heartbroken lyrics so I'm not so sure on how to feel with that. Well, at least he stares at me, that's all that matters, right?

Step 2: Complete.

 

III. Conversation
"Now let's answer some questions from fans! Are you guys ready? Let's start with C.A.P-ssi!"
Oh great. Here we go.
"So C.A.P-ssi, if you can date one of your members, who would it be?"
And this, is the main lesson of the day, everyone. Focus on your target.
Let the world know he has all of your attention. Let him know as well.
"Ah, what kind of question is that... I don't know what to answer."
Of course I do.
"Come on, C.A.P-ssi, just choose one. We will see how good your taste is. It's not that hard."
It is so easy, honestly.

"Well, I think it's definitely be Niel. He likes to clean up the most. Hahahaha but well, it is gonna be Niel. He's funny, nice and loving, full of aegyo, and smart. He also likes to work out these days, which is my ideal type as well. And he's a fun person so I will always be happy next to him, and that's what matters right? I want to someone that can constantly make me happy."
Give your target a quick glance and flash a smile. Count to three. If he blushes, you win the round.
And in my case, I always win.

"Niel-ssi! Now we have an entry from Kim-ssi!"
"Hi Kim-ssi! I will answer your question!"
"Now Niel-ssi.. Is there any behavior from your member that you find weird?"
Stare at him even if he doesn't notice you. He does, actually. He just pretends not to.
"Minsoo hyung..."
You're almost at the finish line.
"Minsoo hyung can't seem to stop bullying me. Usually I don't even do anything but he's just there, ready to attack me. Sometimes he'll even go as far as purposely sitting next to me so that I can be his punching bag through the entire trip. Changhyun seems like someone easier to bully, and Chanhee hyung doesn't react most of the time, and Byunghun hyung is tiny, and Jonghyun doesn't care at anything, so why me? Why, of all members, me?"

Watch him as he stares at you trying to contain himself but ends up smiling awkwardly.
That, my friend, is how you win the battle.

Step 3: Complete.

 

Ah, I still have my game afterall. I win so easily as usual. I will dedicate this to my mom, my family, all of my friends, this goes to you guys. Thanks for the constant support. I just made hundreds of Angels squeal today. I just put on a good show. I just made people happy. Well, I'll do anything as long as Angels are happy, even if it includes me acting dumb in front of Daniel.

"You really are falling for him, ain't you?"
Is that Byunghun? Since when did he get there??
"Don't talk nonsense. I do it all for Angels."
"It's called fanservice hyung. When you keep doing it when there's no fans around, it's more serious than you think it is."
"But there were fans around. It's a viewable radio, Byungie."
"There are no camera in our car and our dorm, yet you're all over him, anyway."
. Since when did this chicken get so smart?
"Hyung, it's your right to give him as many attention as you want to, but as a wise Byeongari, I won't continue if I were you. His boyfriend is stronger than you right now, and he doesn't care about how old you are. He will crush you to pieces."

Now that I think of it, I just realized how close Daniel and Jonghyun are. Too close for my liking.
I also just realized how Jonghyun keeps glaring at me. Maybe I was just so mesmerized at Daniel that I didn't notice things sooner.
"If I were you, I'd think about it again. You weren't as fit as you used to, hyung."
As Byunghun leaves me alone to catch up with Chanhee, I can see Daniel glances at me and gives me the sweetest smile I've ever seen in my entire life.

You know what else that I just realized?
I think it's more than favoritism.
I think I'm in love.