~Drabble 32

Kwiyomi drabbles

"Go on. We haven't got all day."

"I'm sorry sir." Youngjae picked up the receiver and looked at his supervisor. He looked back at Youngjae with firm eyes, jerking his head at the phone.

"I said call him."

Youngjae swallowed, nothing went down his throat. The lump was still sitting there, he didn't like it. He dialed the familiar number that he was forced to memorize at first, now it's tattoed in his brain. His fingers pressed down and with each number there's a thump down on his heart.

After 9 numbers, Youngjae put his hand into his pocket. The dial tone greeted him with beeps in a steady rhythm, beep, beep, beep. A click of his supervisor's tongue. "It's dialing."

Beep. A click.

"Hello?" It came from the other end of the line.

 

"I'm not telling you this because I want to but because I'm forced to, but please do not pick up Youngjae hyung's phone calls anymore."

"You said please and you called him hyung." Daehyun smiled and drank a mouthful of beer. "What brings our maknae to follow orders?"

"Yongguk hyung." Zelo sat down beside the elder.

"Explains a lot."

"I'm not here to chit chat with you, just so you know." Zelo leaned back against the wall. "I'm done with my message, I can leave right now."

"I know little guy." Daehyun ruffled his hair. "I know."

"I'm serious. Don't pick up his calls." Zelo smacked his hand away.

"Why not?"

"Yongguk hyung said so." Zelo repeated. "Just don't."

"Hasn't Yongguk hyung told you why?"

"Hyung. Yongguk hyung does things with plans. He doesn't randomly give out orders. You should know that." Zelo sighed

"You should also know that Yongguk hyung knows me and I need reasons to do things." Daehyun put his hand on Zelo's. "I'm sure he told you why."

"Yeah he did. I ain't telling you."

"Then I'm going to call him." Daehyun picked up his phone. Before he could even flip it open Zelo kicked it out of his hands.

"Yongguk said he's going to betray us."

"What?" Daehyun looked more than bewildered.

"Yongguk hyung said Youngjae hyung will call you and get our location." Zelo laid down on Daehyun's lap and pulled Daehyun's hands to cover his eyes. "Don't move your hands, I'll shoot your head open."

"I want to unlisten that."

"I know."

"I really want to unlisten that."

"Hyung."

"That's a first. Since when do you call me hyung?"

"Don't pick up his calls. I'm serious."

Under his palms, he felt something wet trail down his fingers to his fingertips. He removed one of his hands and put the other over both the maknae's eyes, his free hand his hair.

"I said not to move your hands."

"You have no gun to shoot me."

"Bet on it."

"You have no balls to shoot me."

"I'll crush them with my skull."

"Yongguk hyung will bury you alive."

"I'm already dead years ago."

"Wow deep. Go into deep sleep maknae, hyung needs his sleep as well."

"Don't pick up his calls."

Zelo didn't feel Daehyun's violent shaking, shoulders jerking and his silent sobs. Maybe Zelo did feel a tear or two, he didn't say anything about it though.

 

"Hello?"

"Hello?"

"Who the is this?"

"Uhh. Youngjae."

"Oh." Daehyun looked at Zelo sleeping on his lap. He shifted slightly, careful to not move his leg.

"I called to ask how are you guys."

"Yeah."

"How are you?"

"So so."

"How's Zelo doing?"

"What do you want?"

"I just wanted to say - "

"Save it." And Daehyun cut off the line.

Youngjae just had to call. He just had to soften his heart and pick it up. He just had to ignore Zelo's message from Yongguk. He just had to feel giddy listening to Youngjae's soft voice. He just had to talk to him when he could have ignored him or pretended he called the wrong number. He could have lied to him.

 

Youngjae turned slowly, receiver still in his hands. He looked at his supervisor, who pressed an earphone to his ear and listened with ful concentration.

"He cut it off."

"I know he cut it off, you bastard." His supervisor snapped. "What's the verdict? Can we trace em?"

Youngjae suddenly felt the air grow heavier, thicker. He found it hard to breathe, his hand gripping on the receiver desperately like he was holding on to the last piece of his sanity. He looked at  his supervisor, then at the person he was talking to. He looked up from his PC and put his hearphones down.

"No sir. The call was too short and the connection wasn't very good."

"Are you kidding me? The connection here isn't very good?"

"It might be the connection at their side."

"." This supervisor pulled the earphone off his ear and threw it on his table. " this . Just call it a day, go home, leave this."

Youngjae felt his grasp loosen on the receiver when his supervisor stood up. As he waved and his supervisor left with a loud slam, he heard the whole office - himself included -  let out a breath some might not evne know they were holding in. They all stretched and moved their ncks, loosening their joints.

"What the hell we have to do just to catch those 5 ers. Can't we just leave them, it's not like they did anything wrong." One of his colleagues said, moving his neck left and right.

"The only thing they've done wrong is to be seen by the police I guess." Another said.

"It's not like they kill."

Youngjae has mixed feelings about their conversation. He released his grip on the receiver and it fell from his hands, knocking on the table. He picked it up quickly and put it back on the phone properly.

"Don't talk about them infront of him. He used to be one of the,."

"Just shut up and go home."

Youngjae went home that day and starred at his phone, pondering on whether to send a message or to call him. Or to do neither.

 

"I told you so many times not to pick up his calls."

"I miss his voice, Zelo. I miss him."


okay this is going to be a part in the One Shot after story that I promised from last year

yes i promised it from last year since im changing my updating strategy.

just a preview thingy or if im lazy im just gunna copy this and put it there.

and you can really see how much daedae loves jaejae

jello already warned the fella not to pick up the phone

luck's on the bunnies side this time

/what