For the friends you haven't met

Kwiyomi drabbles

An early morning around 7am, a little girl took her usual morning walk around the hospital park. Moving her attention from the pebble she kicked on the road, an ambulance drived in with its siren on. The nurses and paramedics unloaded a stretcher with a young boy around 7 (which was coincidentially around her age as well) and rushed him into the emergency room. A lady around her late twenties followed behind, her face full of worry and a handkerchief muffled her sobs. The little girl nodded and continued her walk, kicking the pebble along the road.

Around the afternnon the girl ate her lunch on her bed, complaining about the tasteless hospital food like she did everyday. Maybe it was the fluids she took just now that made her tounge and tastebuds numb. Whatever the reason was, her food was tasteless. Pushing the vegetables away, she went outside to the receptionist and asked her about the new boy.

"How can I help you today Princess?" she asked in a sarcastic voice but was friendly to her ears.

"Who's that little boy that came in today?" she asked, trying to climb up the counter and peek at the computer

"Room 300." she replied quickly and pushed her hands off before she tore the counter down.

The girl thanked her and skipped off to room 300, questions forming in her head and giggling at his possible replies and reactions.

Knocking and pushing the white door open slowly, she stepped in and smiled meekly at the elderlys' faces who brightened up at the sight of her.

"What brings you here kid?"

She pointed at the endmost bed and made her way over, standing on tip toes as not to make too much noise while walking. She poked the boy's shoulder and waited for him to turn over. She smiled when he did.

"Hi."

"Who are you?" He asked as he proped himself on his elbows.

"I'm your friend." She answered with a smile and laughed at his confused face. "My name's Taeyeon. Nice to meet you new kid."

"I'm not new kid. I'm Danny." he said. "And you're not my friend."

"Do you have any friends?" She asked as if ignoring his question.

"No."

"Well you got one now." She grinned and sat at the edge of his bed. "So why did you come here Danny?"


supposedly a part for an idea i have. written in my phone at grandma's place