~Drabble 29

Kwiyomi drabbles

"Kim Jongdae." Jongin roars as the door slams behind him. Jongdae turns in his leather chair, hands put together, lips pressing into a smirk that Jongin wants to slap off.

"I've been waiting." Jongdae chuckles. Jongin reponds by throwing a brown paper file onto his table.

"Explain."

"I've always wanted to try that at least once. Doesn't it look cooler in the movies?" Jongdae recrosses his legs.

"You know I wasn't referring to that." Jongin takes a step closer towards the glass table standing infront of Kim Jongdae. Kim ing Jongdae.

"You weren't?" Jongdae raises an eyebrow mockingly. "I'm positive you were."

"Don't with me, Kim Jongdae." Jongin repeats himself and points an angry finger at the brown paper file. "What is that?"

"Why, it's just a brown file made of paper." Jongdae swipes it slightly with his finger. "And is it not hyung for you now, Jongin?"

"It was never hyung."

"I see. By right it should though. I'll excuse your manners for now." Jongdae twirls a round in his chair before stopping and pulling himself closer to the table. He picks up the paper file and pours it's contents onto the table. A dog tag, some crumpled cash, a scratched pictures falls out. "Well well, what is this?"

"That's my question for you." Jongin's voice comes out more timidly than he intended it to. Maybe it is something that runs in his blood, that something being the reminder that he, Jongin is the younger brother.

"From my observation, it is what seems like a dog tag, money - oooh who doesn't crave for it - and a picture." Jongdae picks up the picture and observes it. "It's a picture of a girl, to be exact."

"Why did you do that to her?"

Jongdae smiles. "FInally getting into the question aren't we." Jongdae twirls the picture around his fingers before flicking it into the ashtray on his table. He had just smoked a cigarette a few minutes before Jongin barged in, and the picture burns with the remains of the cigarette. Jongdae watches as Jongin struggles between wanting to get the picture from the ashtray and being afraid of burning his fingers.

"I see you are still afraid. Can't even hurt yourself for her." Jongdae drops his smile. "It's a wonder that she sees something in you."

"That doesn't mean that you can send her away." Jongin yelled, pointing an accusing but shaky finger at his elder brother. "You're my brother, how could you do this to me?"

"Am I your brother now? In your favourable conditions I am your brother?" Jongdae yells back at him on his chair. Jongin winces a little but still keeps his finger pointing at Jongdae. "I did not send her away, brother. I kept her somewhere."

"Where?" Jongin drops his finger.

"Somewhere where you both will never see each other again."

Jongin winces visibly as he feels the strength in his legs being away. Perhaps the strength all went to his heart, it is pulling his heart appart, Jongdae's words are. Jongin loses his balance and drops to the floor, starring at a particular strand of thread on the carpet. Jongdae narrows his eyes at his brother.

"Pathetic." Jongdae says. The picture is burnt to ashes by now, Jongdae notes. "Have you not thought that maybe she doesn't feel the same as you? Why, she might probably be glad that I took her away from you. She's probably in someone else's arms right now."

Jongin's head shoots up, beady and teary eyes looking up at his elder brother. Jongdae feels something tugging at his heart, he dismisses it as his sickness returning at an unfavourable time.

"She won't. She isn't."

"You never know." Jongdae smiles. "We're all like that, faking and putting on masks. You want to know what she told me?" He ignores Jongin shaking his head as hard as he could. "She said that you were a child, wanting attention, needing protection. She felt like the mother, protecting her son when she was with you, she said. She said she didn't went along with you because you seemed like a child who was desperate. Her words, those were. Desperate, she said."

"No. That's impossible." Jongin looks back down at the carpet. "She didn't say that. She said she likes me, she said she loves me. I love her as well. We even have a little house - "

"Which is bought with my money, isn't it?" Jongdae throws down a piece of paper. Jongin takes a look at it and recognizes it as the receipt when he bought that single storey terrace. "You lied. She never said she likes you. Jongin, you little kid, you're desperate. Desperate for attention."

"I'm not!" Jongin yells, his hands threaded in his hair and pulling hard at the strands. "Why are you doing this to me?"

"You should know my nickname after living with me for 22 years, Jongin."

"The Troll......"

"Yeah, more or less." Jongdae shrugs. "I was expecting The Devil Troll but simply The Troll works as well." Jongdae turns in his chair to face the scenery behind him, blocked by a huge window, also known as a huge piece of glass. He lifts the dog tag, dangling in his hands. "You remember Jjangah don't you."

"What? What have you done to her?" Jongin manages to gather enough energy to push himself up on his feet again. Although wombly, he stumbles to the table and slams his hands down. "Don't tell me you've ing hurt Jjangah."

"Quite the opposite. She's fine. Gone as well though, along with her. This is what she left, take it if you want to. Let it be there to remind you how desperate and how childish you are." Jongdae throws it behind him, Jongin catches it midair.

"Aren't you that way too. Desperate you are, Kim Jongdae."

"I am? How so?"

"Why do you always want to make people's lifes miserable? Aren't you, like me, desperate for attention as well?"

"Not really, it's only you whom I want to make his life miserable."

"You're a sick sick person." Jongin states, fingers tracing over the print on the dog tag.

"I am sick, and you know that." Jongdae claps and snaps his fingers. "Nice attempt at a pun."

"Go demand attention from someone else." Jongin pockets the dog tag and looks at the ashes in the ashtray. "I won't let you interfere with my life anymore, Jongdae."

"It's hyung to you." Jongdae snaps. "What are you going to do? Whine and tell on me? Please do as you please."

"I am. In fact, I'm going to look for her." Jongin turns on his heel and heads towards the door. "I hope you are happy with all of this, Kim Jongdae." With that, Jongin closes the door behind him, obviously more gentler than when he entered.

Jongdae looks at the door then looks at the ashes in the tray. The crumpled pieces of cash falls off the table when Jongdae twirls too hard on his chair.

"Kim Jongin you idiot. You think i'll be happy when you won't even look at me?"


okay i don't even know what is this it just came out

it might resemble Heirs a little but believe me it's not related at all. believe me *innocent face*

and this is my first time attempting present tense its so weird