Kyuhyun's Efforts to Win Her Back: Part Two

Accidentally in Love

Seohyun's POV

"I'll tell you, then," Kyuhyun said. I ate some more as he began to tell his story.

"You see, Seohyun, I had always loved you. Even when I pretended to hate you. The first day I met you, I had feelings for you. And I told my father. He dissapproved, saying that you'll ruin my future because of how poor you were. I was so stupid to listen to him. From then on, I pretended to hate you. It killed me inside, knowing that you hated me too. And I'm so sorry for all the things I said. They were totally untrue. Everyday, I insulted you, knowing that I truly loved you," he told me.

"That's why you looked sad when I told you that I'd never date you. The day Sungmin proposed to Sunny!" I said. He nodded.

"Yes, that's exactly why. I loved you so much, and my heart broke when you said that. So... that night, I knew that I just couldn't hide it anymore. And the morning after, I told my father about it. And I told him that I wanted to be with you. I wanted to marry you. But he snapped at me, yelled at me. He was totally furious. He still thought you'd ruin my future. So he told me that we were going to America. I didn't want to," he continued.

"You always listened to your dad?" I asked. He shrugged and nodded.

"You see, I grew up, always thinking that my dad knew everything. That everything he told me was right. But at that time, for the first time, I thought he was wrong. Super wrong. When he told me that we should go to America, my heart was telling me that I needed you. But I listened to my brain. It was telling me that my father was always right. I was very stupid," he said.

"I never even knew," I said.

"Well... Seohyun... I heard you cried yourself to sleep after I left," he said. I felt my ears get hot and I became nervous. But then he said something quite shocking. To me, anyways.

"You weren't the only one," he finished. I was surprised. So he cried himself to sleep? I thought he was a very manly kinda guy, which he is. He couldn't cry easily. But... he cried himself to sleep... because he left. Because he loved me.

"You... did you...?" I began. He nodded and said, "Yes, Seohyun. I cried myself to sleep. This man, who doesn't easily shed a tear, cried himself to sleep."

I was still very shocked. But before I could say anthing else, we heard Jongkyu.

"Mommy, daddy, I'm hungry," Jongkyu said, sleepily. Kyuhyun and I both chuckled. And for some reason... I felt like we were a true family. A mother, a father, and a cute little son.

Kyuhyun stood up and said, "I'll get you some cereal. I'm pretty sure you wouldn't want to eat the food I made." I almost laughed. And I'm pretty sure Kyuhyun saw that, because he grinned. Then he walked into the kitchen.

Jongkyu sat next to me and said, "Daddy's house is cool, mommy. Why can't we live with him? All the kids in my school live with their dads."

"Well... it's kind of different, Jongkyu," I said.

"No, I think it's a great idea," Kyuhyun yelled from the kitchen. "Stop eavesdropping!" I shouted.

"It's not eavesdropping if I accidentally heard it," he yelled back. I shook my head, actually smiling.

Soon, Kyuhyun came back with a bowl of cereal and handed it to Jongkyu. "Thanks, daddy," Jongkyu said. Kyuhyun smiled and sat next to him.

"Well, Seohyun, maybe you should live with me. After all, Jongkyu is my son, and I wouldn't mind if you two stayed," he said. "Oh can we, mom? Can we?" Jongkyu asked.

"I... I'll think about it," I told him, not wanting to dissappoint him. And Kyuhyun smirked. I realized that he wanted Jongkyu to ask me if we could stay with him.

"Well, think fast, mommy! I like this house! And you always told me that we'll live in a house someday!" Jongkyu told me.

"Okay, okay," I said. It was going all according to Kyuhyun's plan. As far as I could tell.

 

Kyuhyun's POV

Yep, it was going all according to plan. I'm so glad Jongkyu really does want to live with me. If he keeps telling Seohyun about it, there's no way she can dissappoint him.

"Well, I have to go to work," Seohyun suddenly said. She stood up, but I did too. I grabbed her wrist before she could move.

"Don't..." I whispered.

No. No. I didn't want ANY erts looking at her again. I didn't want any erts looking at her chest. I didn't want any guy staring at her in any way. She was mine. I might sound selfish, but I grew up being selfish. And I have a total right to be selfish when it came to Seohyun. She belonged to me. I just had to get her to see that.

"What? Wh-why?" she asked.

I stared at her and whispered, "There..."—I leaned in closer so Jongkyu couldn't hear—"... there are erts there."

"Well, I need the money," she said.

"Remember, Seohyun, I don't mind you two staying. You don't have to work," I told her. We were both silent. Then she said, "I need to go now."

I sighed, for I saw that I couldn't do anything to make her not go. I let go of her and she started walking to the door. Dang, she has changed so much ever since I left. Well, no duh.

 

I was sitting at the counter, thinking about getting a smoothie. Then Seohyun came. Of course, she was the waitress. And of course, I was there to protect her.

"And you're here again?" she mumbled.

"I'm glad to see you too," I said, sarcastically. "Can't you give me just a simple, 'Oh, hi, Kyuhyun'?"

"After the things you did," she breathed, "No."

Then I saw that boss of hers again. He passed by, looking at her body, then glaring at me. I gritted my teeth, imagining being able to beat the crap out of him. I just glared at him as well. Oh yeah, I can play that game ALL DAY if he wanted to. Because Seohyun is mine. Okay, so how many times have I said that?

 

Seohyun's POV

Of course, Kyuhyun came to the cafe again. But when my boss passed by, they started glaring at each other. And I saw something glowing in Kyuhyun's eyes. Anger. It was the same thing I saw on the night we... yeah...

The same kind of anger. I could guess what he was trying to say with those eyes. He was saying, "Don't you dare stare at her. She's mine." I must say, it was flattering. Kyuhyun was giving me a lot of attention. And he got jealous very easily.

What I don't get is, how wasn't he able to move on? I was  thinking that he'd be married already. And he was twenty-eight now, not married, no kids except for Jongkyu, no girlfriend. He's trying his best to get together with me. I could tell that he really wanted it. He even got Sunny unnie on his side. It wasn't a surprise for Sungmin to side with him, but for Sunny, yeah.

"Stop glaring, or else you'll get kicked out," I whispered. He did this weird looking smile that actually made me feel happy.

"So you don't want me to get kicked out?" he asked. "How thoughtful."

I felt my cheeks get warm. What is he doing to my brain?!

"I-I didn't mean it that way," I muttered. He kept smiling and said, "Uh-huh, yeah, okay, sure. Can I have a strwaberry smoothie?"

I wrote it down and walked into the kitchen. When I came back, I asked him, "What's up with the craving for strawberry? I mean, strawberry shortcake, now a smoothie." He just shrugged.

I went back in the kitchen to get the smoothie and came out. And when I came out, I saw a girl trying to talk to Kyuhyun. Ah, now things were getting interesting. I hid behind the door and left it opened a little so I could hear.

"Sorry, not interested," I could hear Kyuhyun say. "What? Aw, c'mon," I heard the girl.

"I'm... I'm married," he made an excuse. Ha! Married?! Who's he trying to kid?! He looks like he's twenty-four and he has no ring!

"I don't see any ring," the girl said. I almost laughed. I don't know why I found it so funny and amusing.

"Well..." he was about to say something. That's when I decided to walk in. I guess I wanted to save him. But it was so funny.

I walked with the smoothie in my hand and he instantly stood up. He walked to me and asked, loud enough for the girl to hear, "Jagi, what took you so long?"

Eeeeeh, I didn't expect him to do that. And when he did, I saw the girl's jaw drop in the corner of my eye. Why would it be so surprising though? Maybe, she thought someone as cute and handsome as Kyuhyun, not saying that I think he's cute or anything, wouldn't  be with someone like me. But what was I like? And what did Kyuhyun like about me? Questions like this instantly started popping in my mind.

Then I saw the girl leave. I gave him the smoothie and asked, "What was that about? 'Jagi'? Really?"

"I wanted her to leave me alone. My heart belongs to someone else," he said, charmingly. And when he said, "someone else," he gave this "it's you" look. Of course, I knew it was me. But I wanted to know...

"What do you like about me, anyways?" I asked.

He stared at me in disbelief. He was like, "Why would you even ask?" That's what his look said. But what he really asked was, "What's not to like?"

"Well... just tell me," I insisted.

"Seohyun," he chuckled and stood up. He moved closer to me. "I like you because you're you."

Total confusion.

"What's me?" I asked. He laughed even more.

"You're you! You're not afraid to show who you truly are."

"Well, what kind of person am I?"

"Seohyun, you're a beautiful person, inside and out. Your eyes, your smile. Just beautiful. And your personality makes me fall even more! You're so nice and you're so shy. You're incredibly cute when you blush. You're very generous. But even if you're very sensitive, you are a very strong girl. You see, Seohyun, I like you because you're you. You are beautiful and you can't believe any crap anybody says. Because they're jealous of who you are. Beautiful, inside and out."

I was completely touched. Beautiful, inside and out. He really thought about me like that.

Then I couldn't believe what I was actually starting to think.

Can I forgive him?

 


 

So u like wuts going on so far? well, do ya? aw, kyuhyun is so romantic. even when he's twenty-eight. ahhh, love. i see seohyun is starting to change her mind. ^^