I Know My Mistakes

Accidentally in Love

"No... we're not going to tell her," Sungmin said. "She'd... she'd... I don't even know WHAT she'd do if she found out! Jagiya, we can't!"

"I know that it would be bad, but it'd be worse if we keep it from her!" Sunny said. Sungmin begged her. He begged her to not tell Seohyun. Sunny had been convinced, but was still upset.

She sat on the bed, her arms crossed. "Jagiya... don't do that," Sungmin whispered. She turned away from him. A smile spread across his face as he asked, "Do you remember how we met?"

"Ah, don't," Sunny muttered.

"It was a hot day, I was walking along the Cheonggyecheon stream. I saw you there. You were so beautiful."

Sunny just sat there, looking at a corner of the room, but she still remembered that day.

"I just had to talk to you. I walked up to you and I was just stuck on what to say. Then you looked at me and asked me what I was doing. I said 'I wanted to ask you a question... which is... uh... what's your name?' And you just said 'A name that you won't make use out of,' " Sungmin continued.

Sunny sighed and turned to him.

"I got all nervous and you started walking away. I said 'Wait! I was planning on being charming and funny. Can I have a second chance?' And that made you laugh. You walked to me and told me that I was cute. We started chatting. We got closer and closer. And I got my second chance."

By the time he finished, Sunny was smiling all the way. She kissed her husband and said, "I love you."

"I love you more," he said. They hugged each other.

 

Someone knocked on the door. Sunny opened the door and said, "Hey, Seohyun." Seohyun walked in. "Mommy!" they heard Jongkyu yell. He ran into Seohyun's arms.

Sunny looked at Sungmin who was sitting. He gave her a "don't tell her" look. She nodded.

"Thanks for picking Jongkyu up, unnie. I appreciate it," Seohyun said. "I do it everyday, Seohyun. And Jongkyu is like my nephew. He's like family. It's not burden at all," Sunny said.

"Let's go, Jongkyu. Bye, unnie. Bye oppa!" she said and left. Sunny sat next to Sungmin who was playing with Donghae. "So when should we tell her?" she asked.

"Later. I don't know when, but just later," Sungmin said. She sighed.

 

Seohyun's POV

"So how was school, Jongkyu?" I asked. "It was cool, mommy!" Jongkyu said, cheerfully. I smiled as we walked into the lobby of a building. "Evening, Joohyun," the doorman said to me. "Evening, Jongkyu."

"Evening, Mr. Kim," me and Jongkyu said as we walked inside the elevator. I pressed "3" and the doors closed. The elevator started going up. When it opened, we got out. We started walking down the corridor and stopped at one of the doors. I took my key out and unlocked the door. We got inside and I turned the lights on.

Jongkyu put his backpack on the couch. "Did you finish your homework?" I asked him. He nodded and said, "Uncle Sungmin helped me."

He opened his backpack and gave his lunchbox to me. I took it and washed it. There was some bits of rice sticking on to it and some stains of the pork chops. But as always, there was no sign of anything goguma-"ish". I'm pretty sure he all the goguma clean. I chuckled at the thought of it.

When I saw that it was clean, I put it in the cabinet. I sat next to Jongkyu, who was looking pretty drowsy. His eyes were half opened and he yawned multiple times. But he wanted to watch.

"I think you should go to sleep, Jongkyu," I said. "But, mom..." he started. I shook my head and said, "You're sleepy. I know it." 

"No, I'm not," he said and yawned. "You just yawned," I said and turned the tv off. "Go to bed." He stood up and said, "Fine." He walked into the bedroom. I sighed and followed him.

He got on the bed and I tucked him in. "Mom?" he whispered. "Yes, honey?" I replied.

"Do I have a dad?" he asked. I froze. I asked, "Why do you want to know?"

"Everyone was talking about how their dads give them presents and... well..." he began. I sighed and said, "Well, Jongkyu... I'm not sure if I should tell you."

"Why not?" he asked. "You wouldn't understand. I'll tell you when you're older," I told him. "Okay," he whispered.

"Goodnight," I kissed him on his forehead. He yawned and closed his eyes. I smiled and walked out into the living room. I got a book from a shelf and opened it.

It was my diary. I stopped writing in it after Jongkyu was born. I had no time to write in it.

September 12

I'm happy for Sunny, really, I am. But I just hate her boyfriend's friend! He's so mean to me! He keeps insulting me! But I can't let that ruin Sunny's relationship. I can't believe I have to deal with that guy!

I then turned the pages.

January 3

I don't know what happened. Kyuhyun and I... we made love  did something last night. I can't believe it. I hated him so much, but now it feels different. I feel like, maybe I like him I have the opposite feelings. The opposite of hate: Like or maybe even Love.

I closed the book. Tears were gathering in my eyes. I shouldn't hurt myself, I thought. I put it back and walked in the bedroom. Jongkyu was sound asleep. I lied next to him and covered myself, then went to sleep.

 

Kyuhyun's POV

I took out my phone and dialed a number. I put the phone to my ear and then it said, "Your call has been forwarded to an automatic voice" I clicked "end call".

"Aish, Sungmin," I muttered. I tried it again. This time he answered.

"Sungmin, I'm going to your place," I said. "What?" he exclaimed. "My place? Why?"

"Because you're my friend and I will pummel you if you don't let me. I know where you live and I know where you work," I said, intimidatingly. "Yeah, that's exactly what a friend would say to friend," he said, sarcastically.

"Sungmin!"

"Fine!" Then I hung up. I got outside the airport and called a taxi.

Sungmin, you are dead meat if you don't let me inside...

 

I knocked on the door and Sungmin opened it. I instantly walked inside. "No 'hello'?" he asked. "Oh yeah, hello. Look, hyung—" I started.

"And now you call me 'hyung'." he mumbled. I glared at him and he closed his mouth.

"Okay, look," I began again. "Does Seohyun hate me, like, in a 'never want to see you again' sorta hate?" I asked. "Because, I want to fix what I did."

"Do you really want me to give it to you straight?" he asked. I got worried. "Yes... no... bend it a litte?" I said.

"Well... I don't see how I can bend it, but yeah, probably," he said.

"Probably? You mean you don't know? Aish! Sungmin!" I yelled at him. "Wait... if it's a 'probably', that means I might have a chance." I sat down and looked at the ceiling.

"Hyung, do you know how much I thought about her? How much I wanted to come back and fix everything?" I mumbled. "I wanted to come back. I wanted to hold her. I wanted to hear her. I wanted to say 'sorry'. I wanted to take care of—WAIT!" I looked at him.

"Is it a boy or a girl?" I asked. He looked confused. "The child! You know?! My biological child!"

"OH! You mean, Jongkyu. It's a boy," he said. "Is he... like me in any way?" I asked.

"Well, he sure is evil,"  he said. I glared at him.

"Hold up, we haven't even said 'How have you been' and stuff that friends say when they meet after 6 years," he said. "Oh yeah... so... how you been?" I asked.

"Good. I'm not even going to ask because I assume it was Hell for you. You want to see Donghae?" he said.

"Dong-who?" I asked. "My son! Come, come," he said. I followed him into a bedroom and there, in a cradle, was a little baby boy. He was sleeping. I smiled. I wished that when my son was born, I'd be there to see him.

"You missed a lot of stuff, Kyuhyun. The birth of Jongkyu. My marriage with Sunny. The birth of Donghae. And Seohyun," Sungmin said to me. I nodded.

It was silent.

Then I asked, "Where's Sunny?"

"She's picking up Jongkyu," he answered. I could finally meet my son.

 


 

Updated!