Bonding With My Son

Accidentally in Love

Kyuhyun's POV

I scrolled down on my phone. I was looking through the lesson for the kids. I never knew that teaching something like English would be just as difficult as teaching them other stuff. But they're kids. Little kids. They won't understand a lot.

I sighed and looked out the window. It was still dark outside. It was 5:00 in the morning. I looked back at my phone and put it in my pocket. I stood up and took a jacket. Then I got outside.

 

"Good morning, Kyuhyun-ssi," Yonghwa greeted. I nodded to him and said, "Good morning, Yonghwa-ssi." I sat down on a chair and took my phone out. I looked through the lesson again.

"So Kyuhyun, do you have a love in your life?" Yonghwa asked me all of a sudden. I looked up from my phone. I'm pretty sure he was just trying to start a conversation.

I shrugged and said, "I'm not sure." He was confused. I mean, how can you not be sure? That's probably what he was thinking. So I was going to explain it to him.

"I'm just not sure if I should call it love. I haven't seen her for... a very long time. That's why I came back to Korea. So I can see her," I explained. He nodded as he listened. I could tell that he really understood what I was trying to say.

"Okay. Kyuhyun-ssi, what does it mean when a girl never starts a conversation?" he asked me. "Well... that could mean two things. One's bad. One's good. Which one you want to hear first?" I said.

"Bad," he said.

"It means that she doesn't like you. But the good one is, she really likes you, but she's super shy," I told him. "I really hope she does like me. She never starts a conversation. I always do," he said.

"Hey, Yonghwa-ssi. That will make it obvious that you like her. Ladies like keeping men guessing. So don't make what you're doing, obvious. Let her start a conversation, too," I said.

"Oh okay. Thanks for the advice," he said.

 

I stood outside and I saw some kids walking in with their moms or dads. Sometimes both. I was greeting them a "good morning" or something.

Then I saw Seohyun and Jongkyu. I stepped back inside and just looked from the window. I didn't want her to see me just yet.

I saw Seohyun crouch so she can look at Jongkyu, eye to eye. She was telling him something. Probably something like "Be good in school" or something. Then I knew what she last said. She said, "Saranghae" to Jongkyu. And she kissed his forehead. I smiled at how motherly she was. It was a side of her I've never seen. And I loved it.

I realized how much I missed her. Even more than I ever thought. Those beautiful eyes. That smile.

"She's pretty, isn't she?" Yonghwa asked, startling me. I nodded just to agree. Then the shocking part was when he said, "She's the one I was telling you about."

A part of me was saying, "Tell this dude that Seohyun's yours. She don't belong to anyone else." Another part was saying, "Pffft, let him have his dreams and listen to what crap he has to say." The last one, the faint, very faint, one, was saying, "Tell him what happened and move on if she picks him."

But the other two were screaming loudly so I couldn't hear it. I decided to just listen to his crap.

"I really like her. She's beautiful. And she always has a smile even though she's been through so much. Some jerk made her pregnant with Jongkyu and left somewhere far. She cried so much, that's what I heard. She cried herself to sleep too. When I heard, I wanted to try my best to help," he said.

The first crap was obviously just... crap. But the rest, I knew it was my fault. I was the reason why she cried. I was the reason why she only fell asleep by crying. It was all my fault.

"Well, the kids are here. Get ready," he said and walked to his desk. I stared at Seohyun who just stood while Jongkyu ran inside. I watched her leave.

My fault.

 

"Okay. Good morning, kids," Yonghwa said to the class. "Good morning, Mr. Jung," everyone said. "I'm going to let Mr. Cho speak while I take roll," he said and I stood up.

I walked to the front of the class and said, "Good morning, kids."

"Good morning, Mr. Cho," the kids said.

"Today, we'll be doing the numbers," I said and we started the lesson.

 

I stood next to a tree as I watched the kids play. All of them were playing except... for Jongkyu. I walked to him and sat next to him.

"Aren't you going to play?" I asked. He shook his head. "Why not?" I asked.

"I don't want to. I don't like the games they play. And my friends aren't here," he answered. "Well, you don't need friends to play games. I mean, it's more fun with friends, but you can make friend just by playing. Do you like tag?" I said to him.

He nodded. "Ask those kids if they want to play tag. They're just talking to each other," I said, pointing at a group of kids. "Should I?" he asked. I nodded and he stood up. He walked to the group and asked. I saw the kids nod and I smiled. It was a success.

I watched them play and all of a sudden, Jongkyu stopped in front of me. "Thank you, Mr. Cho," he said. Then he really shocked me by hugging me. I was surprised, but I hugged back. "You're welcome, Jongkyu," I said. After that, he kept playing.

I guess that shy part and thanking people part came from Seohyun. I wonder what came from me. I wasn't actually the one who sat alone. I was the one who always had friends to play with.

Then I started thinking that I should first get to know Jongkyu first, and then meet Seohyun again. Yeah, I'll just stay out of Seohyun's sight.

 

"You're my, you're my baby girl~" I sang as I scrolled down my phone. I was standing outside the school. School was over and all the kids were going to get picked up.

Suddenly, I heard a thud. Followed by some crying. I looked and it was Jongkyu. I ran to him and tried to calm him down. I looked at his knee. It was scraped.

"Don't cry, okay? I'm going to get some bandages," I said, calmly. I ran into the office and asked for a bandaid and alcohol. Once they gave it, I muttered a thanks and quickly ran back to Jongkyu.

Jongkyu was sitting on a bench and looking at his knee. I kneeled down in front of him.

"Okay, I'm going to make the boo-boo go away, okay? This might sting a little," I said. (lol "boo-boo". i can never imagine him saying that) Then I put the alcohol on a cotton ball and wiped the knee. Jongkyu winced, but to my surprise, he never did anything exaggerating the pain.

After, I put the bandaid and said, "There, all done." Tears were still falling so I wiped them. "Don't cry," I whispered. "You know, you're a very strong boy. I thought you would burst into even more tears when I put the alcohol. But you didn't. Do you want some ice cream?"

He stopped crying and nodded his head. I smiled and stood up. "Let's go get some ice cream." He got off the bench and grabbed my hand. We walked to an ice cream truck that always parks right outside the school.

I asked him want he wanted. When he told me, I asked for it. But I guess I was really childish, too. I asked for two. One for me, one for him. The ice cream man gave us two ice creams.

I gave Jongkyu the ice cream. He wasn't crying. He was smiling. And it made me happy.

"Thank you, Mr. Cho," he said. "You're welcome," I said to him and ruffled his hair. "You're a great kid, Jongkyu." He giggled and his ice cream.

"Jongkyu," I heard Sunny call. I turned as Jongkyu ran to Sunny while shouting, "Auntie Sunny!" I chuckled and started eating my ice cream. It was melting, alright?

"Hello, Kyuhyun," Sunny said to me. "Have you been bonding with Jongkyu?" I nodded in a "yes, maybe" kinda way.

"Well, we're going to go to my house," she said. I nodded and let her walk past me. Well, I got to bond with my son.

 

It had been a week and I had been bonding with Jongkyu. And it became a habit to buy ice cream after school. I learned so much about him. And I also learned some stuff about Seohyun too.

He would tell me stuff like, "My mom says that someday, we'll live in a house. A big house. And she says that if I follow my heart, I can do lots of amazing things."

I liked hearing it. A lot. Oh, Seohyun. She's so beautiful in her personality.

I was so happy that I was getting to know him more. He got his kindness and generosity from Seohyun. And he got his evilness and wittiness from me. We had so much in common. But we also had so much differences. That's what made him so interesting. It's like, I was fire and Seohyun was ice and Jongkyu is both fire and ice.

Sometimes, I played with him at Sungmin's house. I'd leave before Seohyun came to get him, of course. I wanted to meet her again, but it would've been bad. She'll never forget what I did. I know it. Because I never forgot it.

 


 

Well, here. UPDATED! kyuhyun rlly wants to be wit her. but cant... huh?