Father's Day!

Accidentally in Love

Seohyun's POV

When Kyuhyun left for work, Jongkyu and I walked straight to Sungmin and Sunny's house. Before I knocked, I looked through the window. I smiled. I guess I liked seeing my unnie, happy, and in the arms of a man who would love her forever. And that was, hopefully, what would happen to me.

I knocked and after about 15 seconds, the door opened.

"Hi, Seohyun! Hi, Jongkyu!" Sungmin happily greeted. We walked in.

Jongkyu ran to Sunny and I hugged Sungmin. "Happy Father's day, Sungmin!" He chuckled and I walked to Sunny.

"Hey, Seohyunnie," Sunny smiled. We hugged. "Is Kyuhyun at work right now?"

"Oh, yes, he is," I said. "And Jongkyu and I were planning to do something special for him. And I know that you have your own Father's day plans, but we need your help. We just don't know what to do."

Then I looked at Jongkyu, then Sungmin, and back at Sunny.

"Okay, well, I don't know what to do. Jongkyu sure as heck knows what he will do," I said, honestly.

"Well, Sungmin and I will take Donghae out to the park," Sunny said. "And at night, when Donghae is sleeping, a babysitter will watch him while Sungmin and I have dinner at a restaurant. Maybe you can have dinner together... alone."

"But I don't want to hire a babysitter," I said.

"Then have dinner in the backyard," Sungmin suggested. "Make it romantic. Kyuhyun will love it, I'm sure. He loves things from people who work hard on it. And he loves you. It'll be perfect, I promise."

"That's a great idea, Sungmin!" I squealed. I hugged him and Sunny. "Thanks, guys!"

"Let's go, Jongkyu," I said and grabbed Jongkyu's hand. And we left.

 

Jongkyu and I went to the mall to buy some things to prepare for Kyuhyun's present.

I took some candles off the shelf and put it in the basket.

"Do you think daddy will be happy with my present?" Jongkyu asked me. I looked at him and smiled.

"Of course he will," I assured him. "He'll just love it, Jongkyu. Your father, as Sungmin said, loves things that were worked hard on. I'm sure you've worked hard on it."

"So... what are you going to give him, mommy?" he asked. "Does daddy like candles?"

"I don't know," I chuckled. "But the candles are only part of my present. And I want you to help me make it."

"Really?" he exclaimed. "Yay!"

"Shhh..." I whispered with my finger on my lips. He nodded and did the same. "Shhh..."

I smiled. We walked through the aisles and when we got to the food sections, my phone vibrated. I took it out of my pocket and saw the caller's ID as "Kyutiepie."

Yeah, I'm calling him that from now on. Well, when we're alone, since I don't want to embarrass him.

I answered the call.

"Yes, honey?" I answered.

"Hey, my Seohyunnie!" I heard him say. I smiled. "I'll be home by 9:00. Is that okay?"

"Of course!" I said. "It's fine. Is that all?"

"Yes... but I just can't hang up just yet," he sighed. "I need to get my work done, though, in order to get home by 9:00. I'll call you later, okay?"

"Alright," I replied. "See you later."

"Okay. Love you!"

"Love you too," I smiled and we hung up.

 

I put the table cloth over the table and glanced at my watch. It was 7:42 and I still needed to cook dinner. I looked at Jongkyu, who was playing with Kyuhyun's PSP.

"Jongkyu, did you eat all of your food?" I called. He nodded, not taking his eyes off the tiny screen. I chuckled. "Like father, like son."

I walked in the kitchen and looked at the clock.

7:43.

I prepared the pans and plates and started to cook.

When I was done, it was 8:39. I put food on the plates and placed them on the table in the backyard. I lit up the candles and I smiled. All that was left was some music. It was way past the time for Jongkyu to be sleeping, but he needed to give Kyuhyun his own little present.

He had helped me with preparing the backyard, too, so I let it slide.

There was a poster on a tree that said, "HAPPY FATHER'S DAY, KYUHYUN/DADDY." There was romantic candle light. The candles were placed on the backyard porch and on the table. The table cloth was silky white and on the center of the table was a transparent vase with three flowers.

I looked at the time on my phone. It was 8:45. I still had a little time to get music and rest for a while.

I walked inside and saw Jongkyu looking through a box full of old CDs. They were Kyuhyun's. I sat next to him.

"What are you doing?" I asked. Jongkyu looked at me, then back in the box.

"You said you needed music. I found this box of CDs and thought I'd find some," he answered. I smiled.

"Thanks, Jongkyu," I said. He gave me the one he was holding.

"It says, 'LOVE SONGS' on it,' he said. "You can use that!" I patted his head and ruffled his hair.

"Thank you so much, Jongkyu."

We stood up and I put the CD in the boombox. It played perfectly fine and the songs were really nice. I stopped it and looked at the time. It was 8:58. I gasped and told Jongkyu to get his present.

He nodded and got it right away.

We waited for a while, but soon we heard the door being unlocked. The door opened and Kyuhyun walked in and closed the door. He smiled when he saw us.

Jongkyu ran to Kyuhyun and hugged him. Kyuhyun just chuckled hugged him back. I smiled and walked to him and hugged him.

"Happy Father's Day, daddy!" Jongkyu shouted.

"Happy Father's Day," I said, tenderly and held his hand. Kyuhyun smiled. Jongkyu gave Kyuhyun a small box.

Kyuhyun opened it and chuckled while taking out a necklace made of uncooked pasta.

"Thanks, Jongkyu," he said. "I'll wear this tomorrow." Then Jongkyu gave him a card. I read along with Kyuhyun.

Dear daddy,

I could not give a fathers day gift to anyone before. Now I can and I am happy. I love you dad. Mom does too. Happy fathers day!

Love, Jongkyu

Kyuhyun smiled, a few tears in his eyes. "Thank you very much, Jongkyu." He hugged Jongkyu and I joined in.

Then Jongkyu broked the hug and said, "I'm going to sleep now. Mommy prepared something special!" Jongkyu ran into the bedroom and we chuckled.

"So you prepared something special, huh?" he asked.

"Well, it was supposed to be a secret until I showed it to you, but I can't be mad," I said. He nodded.

I took his hand and pulled him to the back yard. And I must say, the look on his face made me feel proud and happy. I the music and he grinned.

"Wow, you did this?" he asked as we sat down in front of the table.

"Jongkyu helped," I said.

"I bet he did," he responded. "Can't believe you'd do this for me. Thanks."

"Well... thanks for coming back and trying to fix things with us," I said. "If you didn't, I wouldn't be sitting here. I wouldn't be having this wonderful feeling inside. Jongkyu wouldn't have a father to say 'happy father's day.' He wouldn't be happy. So thanks."

"Well, I did that because I love you and Jongkyu," he said. "And now... we're happy."

We started to eat and when we were done eating, a certain song came on, and Kyuhyun was in the mood to dance.

"Oh, I love this song," he sighed as it started playing. He grinned at me. "Come on. Let's dance."

I shook my head.

"Aww, come on! We have to! We've got to!"

I shook my head more, but that wouldn't ever stop him.

"Come on! Let's just dance."

That y grin of his was driving me crazy. I let him take my hand and drag me to an empty spot in the yard. He wrapped his arms around my waist and my arms went around his neck.

"You've got to stop making me do things," I sighed. He smirked.

"My Seobaby can't resist me," he teased. I slapped his arm playfully and he laughed.

He moved his face closer and our lips were so close to touching. "What kind of things can I make you do?" he asked huskily. I couldn't say anything at all with him that close.

"Things like what happened that night?" he continued. "Or things like... marrying me?"

 


OMIGOSH! NO WAY! LIKE, RIGHT NOW?! SO FAST KYUHYUN!

i still think it's romantic.

HAPPY LATE FATHER'S DAY!