Got A Job

Accidentally in Love

(Haha get it? "Got a boy" "Got a job" JK Oh and I changed the kid's name to Jongkyu now... heheeh)

 

Kyuhyun's POV

Sungmin gave me his scrapbook as I requested. It was actually Sunny's and she filled it with pictures of special moments or of special people in her life. So I was sure that I'd see Sungmin in there. A lot. No, I mean it. A lot.

I opened it and browsed through the pictures. It started with her being very young and with her family. Then I started seeing Seohyun in them. From when she was just a kid, to when she was a beautiful adult. Stunning.

Then I saw me in it. I didn't really smile a lot back then, since it hurt, having to pretend to hate someone I loved.

The pictures that had me in it were when we all went putside to have fun. One of them was when we celebrated Sunny's birthday. I didn't see myself there in the pictures anymore, as I turned the pages. It was probably when I left. Then, the more I saw Seohyun in the pictures, the more I saw that her belly was growing.

Soon enough, there was picture of Seohyun, in a hospital bed, carrying Jongkyu.

I stared at the picture for a very long time. And Sungmin must've seen that, because he said to me, "If only you were there, huh?" I didn't say anything. I touched the picture where the baby was. Where Seohyun was.

I turned the page. And there were more pictures of Seohyun and Jongkyu. He was getting older. There was this one picture of Jongkyu's birthday, where he was blowing the candles to his cake. I turned some more pages. And he was still growing.

I closed the scrapbook and gave it to Sungmin, who put it on the coffee table.

"Hyung... does... Jongkyu hate me?" I asked. Sungmin shook his head and said, "That's ridiculous. He wouldn't hate anybody he doesn't know. That's just not him."

"It seems that you know him more than I do," I said, sadly. He put his hand on my shoulder and said, "That's because I've been taking care of him for the past 6 years. You can get to know him."

"What do you mean, 'taking care of him for the past six years'?" I asked.

"Seohyun doesn't have that much money, Kyuhyun. She has to work. And she doesn't even get paid well. She works two jobs. She only has enough money for what they need. An apartment, food, water, clothes. That's it," he told me.

"Two frickin' jobs?! Are you serious?!" I exclaimed. "I need to get a job. I'll go look for one after Sunny gets back."

"And while you're looking for a job, I'll be looking for an apartment for you to stay in. There's no way I'm going to let you stay here," he said.

"There was no way that I wanted to," I retorted.

Then we heard the door being unlocked and the door being opened. Sunny was back. But she didn't have Jongkyu with her.

She walked in the living room and said, "Hey, I'm—KYUHYUN!"

"Hey, hey, hey. You don't want to wake Donghae up, do you?" I said. "When did you get here?" she asked. "A couple minutes ago, actually. I thought you were picking Jongkyu up," I said.

"I was. But his teacher is giving him guitar lessons," she said. I sighed, dissappointed. I wanted to meet him.

"Well, Kyuhyun, I think it's time for you to look for a job. I'll look for an apartment, so let's go," Sungmin said and we walked to the door. "Bye, honey, I'll be back." Then we walked outside.

 

I stared out the window as the car rode on. Sungmin stopped at a school. It looked like a school for little kids. I looked at him.

"This is Jongkyu's school. There's help wanted. I heard that they want someone to teach some English to the kids. And who's been in America for the past six years? This guy!" he said, pointing at me.

"Okay. I'll go for it," I said and got out of the car. Then he drove off. I walked in the school. I went inside the office.

 

"Pick up, Sungmin," I mumbled into the phone. Then I heard, "Your call has been forwarded to—"

I hung up. I sighed and sat on a bench. Then I heard some guitar music. I looked towards the playground and inside were a man and a little kid. The man was playing the guitar. Probably for the kid. I looked closer and something about that kid was familiar. But I lost my train of thoughts when my phone rang.

"Sungmin, why didn't you answer?!" I shouted in the phone. "Sorry, okay? You want me to pick you up? Was it a success?" he asked. "Yep. I'll start on Monday, actually. Today is Thursday, right?" I answered.

"Great. I'm on my way," he said and hung up. Soon, he arrived and I got in the car.

"Was it a success for you?" I asked. He shook his head. Then my phone rang. "Hello?" I answered the phone. "Kyuhyun, you don't need to look for an apartment," I heard my dad say in the phone.

How did he... I started thinking. I had it on speaker, so when I looked at Sungmin, his eyes were focusing on the street but were wide.

"Uh, why?" I asked. "I bought a house for you while you were packing your stuff. It'll really feel like home because I got them to put some furniture in there. I put the key for the house in your bag," he said. "Oh. Thanks, dad. Where is the house?" I said.

"I'll give you the address."

 

We stopped in front of a house. "Wow, dad. You surprised me on this one," I whispered. We both got out and than I realized that I left my luggage at Sungmin's house.

"Oh, hyung," I began.

"I got it. Your luggage. Still at my place," he said and got in his car. I got back inside and we drove back to his house. And I was glad it was only a ten minute drive. That meant we were close and I could go to his house.

Sungmin got out and I waited in the car. A few minutes later, he came back with Sunny. They were both holding my stuff. I packed a lot of things so I can make my new home, which I was thinking would be an apartment, more... homey to me. They put it in the trunk. I saw them kiss for a little and she went inside.

I was a little envious, I could say. Okay, a LOT envious. I wanted to be able to kiss Seohyun. In a "goodbye, honey" sorta way. A "I'll be back" kinda way. That's why I was jealous. So when he got inside, I said, "No public display of affection, hyung."

"Sorry," he mumbled and he drove. Ten minutes passed, and we got to my new house. "In my bag"? Which one? I thought to myself as I looked at my bags. I realized that I should check my satchel. I know my dad. If he says, "Bag" instead of luggage, he really means, "Manpurse." NOT THAT IT IS! It's a satchel! Even Indiana Jones has one!

I opened it and the key was there. I sighed in relief and we got out of the car. I opened the door and we started putting pur luggage in. When we were finished, I took the time to look around. It was really nice. My dad did a great job. But I knew that the homing touches weren't there yet. I had to do that myself.

"Thanks, hyung," I said. He nodded. "You can go now. I have to make this more homey for me," I told him. He nodded again and went out the door. And he drove away.

I looked around and grinned. "Here we go." And I swore I heard "Bad to the Bone" start to play.

(Not haunted, guys. It's a joke. The music is just "epic music" for him to start doing what he needs to do in an "epic" way)

 

Monday... was finally here. I spent the whole weekend, putting clothes in drawers, and making things homey. I even needed to move the furniture to make it homey.

The school was a ten minute walk from my house, so I could easily get to work without having to drive a car.

I walked inside and into a classroom. A guy, who appeared to be the teacher, looked at me. "Are you... Cho Kyuhyun?" he asked. I nodded.

"Oh, good! The kids are excited to learn English. I told them about it at Friday. Name's Jung Yonghwa, by the way," he said. "Nice to meet you, Yonghwa. You look good. Bet the girls go after you," I said. Pffft. Who you calling gay? Pffft! I'm not gay! It's called being nice to people!

"Thanks. And they do... except the girl I actually like," he said. "Oh, it's one of those situations?" I asked. He nodded and said, "Yeah. She's a single mother. She has to work a lot and doesn't see her child a lot. I.m trying to help her by also taking care of the kid. I got to know her better. I guess I fell in love."

"That's very sweet," I said. Little did I know, he was talking about my Seohyunnie. "Well, the kids are about to come. Get ready," he said and started stacking a bunch of coloring papers.

 

"Good morning, kids," Yonghwa said to the class. "Good morning, Mr. Jung," they all said. "Kids, I'd like you to meet Mr. Cho," he said, pointing to me. I smiled at all the kids.

"He'll be teaching us English," he said. And as soon as he said that, all the kids shouted with joy. I chuckled as Yonghwa let me go and talk to them.

"Hello, kids. I'm Cho Kyuhyun, but you'll have to call me Mr. Cho. I'll be teaching you English. Because believe it or not, it's the most spoken language around the world," I said.

"Let's start with the kids asking how to say a certain word," Yonghwa said. I nodded. A lot of kids raised their hands. I pointed at one kid.

"How do you say 'please'?" she asked. And I told her the English word. Then I picked another kid. "Ice cream!" he shouted. The kids laughed and, so did I. I told him how to say it. I got to everyone except one kid. He never raised his hand.

I walked to him and asked, "Do you have a word you want to know in English?" He shook his head. "Are you sure?" I asked. He thought for a moment and said, " 'Saranghae?' "

I smiled and said, " 'I love you' "

"You're the only one who asked for a phrase. You're a good kid. What's your name?" I said. "Seo Jongkyu," he answered. I was surprised, but I didn't show it. I just gave him a thumbs up and walked back to the front of the room.

"Now, we'll do the alphabet," I said.

 

I sat down and watched the kids play as I took out the lunch I packed. I saw Jongkyu eating some goguma. Pretty much reminded me of Seohyun. I looked back at Yonghwa who was too busy to talk. I didn't know what he was doing, but he was writing something. I didn't want to disturb him, so I just quietly ate.

Then I saw some kids go to Jongkyu. They looked like his friends. They sat next to him and they looked like they were having fun. At least, I knew, he was happy with where he was and what he was doing.

My phone rang and I immediately answered it. "Hello?"

"Kyuhyun, are you at the school?" I heard Sungmin ask. "No, I'm at Han River," I said, sarcastically. I heard Yonghwa snicker. I forgot that he was in the same room.

"Of course, I'm at the school," I said. "Sorry. Have you seen Jongkyu yet?" Sungmin asked.

"Yeah. I talked to him," I said. "Cool. I might be disturbing you right now, so I'll just..." he said and hung up. I sighed and put my phone in my pocket.

"You're funny," Yonghwa laughed. "Thanks," I said.

" 'At Han River.' Hilarious," he whispered and continued to write.

 

I dropped myself onto the couch. I was tired. I didn't even know why. I didn't even want to play some games, which I normally do.

I decided that I wanted to take a nap. I got up and walked to the bedroom.

Well, I met my son. But I wonder what Seohyun will do when she sees me.

 


 

UPDATED! if u guys liked Junghwa WAY better than i'll change it. just say the sentence and i'll change it back to Junghwa. im loyal to u guys!