First encounter

Howl's Moving Castle with some difference

»First encounter«

 

 

It was a normal day like any other.

Ren sat in his room and sewed bells, feathers and jewelry to hats, which were soon to be sold in the store. The other workers had finished their work already and wanted to go out dancing with their beloved friends, who would soon all go to the war and fight for the kingdom.

A train went past Rens window and because of the black smoke he saw nothing for a second.

"I'm going to close the frontdoor. Ren didn't you wanted to go already?" Ren smiled and shook his head at the older womens question. She was a nice old aunty for him and had worked at the hat shop since his father opened it.

"I'll still have to finish this hat. Have fun and be careful!", he said to her and looked at the hat he was working on.

"Okay, then we'll go before you. Don't make it too late!warned the eldery lady awith a pout and a finger pointed at Ren. She put on her coat and called for the other ladies. "Girls, we go now! Hurry up!"

"Wait a moment Miss! Look there is Minhyuns wandering castle!" said a co-worker excitedly.

The others immediately ran to the window and sought for it. "Have a look how close it is! Maybe he's in town.", said another woman and opened and closed itself like a fish would do if he needed water instead of air.

War plane flew over the city and the fog swallowed Minhyuns castle quietly, it was like he was hiding for something.

"Now it's gone."

"No he is hiding because of the soldiers.", said one girl to another, she looked envious at the fog. 

"Have you heard that a princess should have ripped Minhyun heart into two? With her own hands it says!"

"How scary!" said a young girl and covered her mouth in shock and probably disgust.

"Don't be afraid. He for sure isn't going to steal your heart!" the aunty lady said and everyone laughed.
 
Ren looked outside and watched the fog. As if Minhyun would really let that happen if it were anyone of you. He looked sadly into the distance or with me but I wouldn't crash it like the princess had.
 
The train smoke took his view once again and he sighed deeply. Same place, same street, same train and same town. 
 
Ren completed his hat and dressed up. He wanted to visit his older brother in his store. Ren locked the hat shop and ran to the station, to get it.
 
The town was crowded and noisy. The soldiers were cheered and shouted by the people. It played music in every corner and washed away the sad thoughts and separations.
 
Why are they celebrating the war anyway? How can they send their family members to the war and do like nothing is going to happen. It's like they still happy about it.
 
Ren went off the road and took a shortcut behind the houses. He didn't wanted to see the mess on the streets and the laughing people. It made him sad and he was somehow disappointe in them.
 
The small figure ran through courtyards and side streets. Where do I have to go now?, he asked himself and looked at the map to the candy store of his brother. He didn't noticed the soldiers in front of him. Only as a blue uniform suddenly appeared in front of him he jerked out of his thoughts.
 
"Well what are you looking for, little mouse? Can I help you somehow?" Little mouse? Please what?
 
"No, I think l manage that alone." 
 
"Oh never mind, I'll help you gladly! Let's go drink something nice." The brown-haired man smiled at Ren. Another soldier came around the corner. Oh my... what a big gun he had.
 
If just one man was here Ren had  could fight him alone but with two of them... He was not a wizard or anything like that. 
 
"Oh come on I'm inviting you!" said the brown-haired again. he didn't let the topic go what for a jerk.
 
The other tall man leaned over and his mustache thinking about something.
 
"You're really a sweet girl...", the guy said and Ren's mouth opened dumbfounded.
 
Just because I have long blonde hair doesn't actually mean that I'm being cute or that I'm a girl. Ren clenched my fists. Keep calm Rennie, these are just jerks that are going to leave you soon alone.
 
But they harassed Ren further. "Hey! How old are you? Do you live around here?" As If I would tell you this.
 
"Let me go ... please." Ren's whole anger came up. He wanted to shout something terrible but his shyness didn't let him. He was a tough guy on the inside but not at the outside.  
 
"I guess she doesn't like your mustache." The one said to the other. He isn't that wrong. 
 
"If she is angry, she looks even cuter." Be careful what you say you idiot!
 
"Ah there you are, I've been looking for you." said a clear bright voice behind Ren. Another one? A large fine hand wraps around his shoulder and Ren's breath stopped for a few seconds. It felt strangely good and comfortable not bad at all.
 
Ren was still startled at the sudden touch but kept his mouth shut. He can help me out of this situation. Just stay calm. Don't let anything show on you're face, Ren told himself.
 
"Who are you? What are you doing?", asks one of the soldiers.
 
"I am her companion. You two sure want to take a walk now right?" The stranger makes a gesture with his left hand and the soldier start to go away from the standing couple. 
 
Ren's head is following them with shocked eyes. Now seriously? What did this guy do with them that they suddenly move like good solidiers should?
 
"Their actually quite harmless.", the stranger said and tightened his grip on Ren's shoulder.
 
He just nodded. He was still a little shocked and was afraid of what was coming next. Hopefully he wasn't mistaken with a girl in trouble again.
 
Ren looked at the stranger. He looked straight ahead with a slight frown on his face. the man didn't bothered at looking closely at Ren's small figure.
 
Ren was thankful fot that it gave him more time to admire his beauty.
 
The strangers hair was brown-red and he wore pretty earrings. He had a very nice aura and his whole appearance made him seem all the more mysterious. Maybe he was a pirate or a thief for the poor people? You know how the books nowdays describe these creatures.
 
His clothes looked very expensive and they weren't a bit dirty. He wore a gentle smiled as he had nothing to worry about in the whole world even if his eyes were rather focused. Ren questioned the mans existence for a second. Who is he or better what is he?
 
Ren stared at him for too long without his noiticing.
 
"You know, I think it's really better when I go with you. Where are you heading to?" He had such a nice voice. It just slipped out of Ren's mouth.
 
"I just want to see my brother at Cezarres." The stranger nodded.
 
"Behave normally, I'm being followed." Ren nodded slightly. That was reaaly all I needed to know. My sarcasm was hard to beat today. Ren sighed heavily at his own thoughts.
 
"Let's go then." He held his arm to Ren like a gentleman. Okay... Just play along. Do as if you were a girl. Apparently everyone thinks you are one, Ren frowned a little.
 
Ren linked one of his arms under the others and they walked quickly down the street. After a few steps Ren heard strange noises. He held his breath for a closer listen.
 
But then he saw them. Black rubber-like figures that crawled out of the wall. Is this the reality that you want?
 
He squeezed his eyes shut. Just keep going.
 
"I'm sorry I got you involved in this.", said the stranger. Should it too! Ren held more tightly onto his arm.
 
"This way.", he said and walked in a small sidestreet. An old man was lying in a corner. He seemed unaware of the creatures. Now what?
 
The two were encircled. From the front and from behind the figures came closer. "Hold on tight.", the stranger suddenly said to Ren and pressed him to his chest.
 
"What?" was all that Ren could ask before he shrieked rather immature. The stranger had suddenly jumped up in the air and the pressure of the air made Ren quiet again. He looked at the ground and watched how the rubber creatures meeted each other and stucked together.
 
Ren held his breath from fright and his weightless for a few moments.
 
"Stretch out your legs and walk normally!" Ren heard the stranger say and began doing what he was told. 
 
The blond boy stretched out his legs and began to move them slowly forward.
 
I don't believe it. It does,actually work. Ren observed the people under him with curiosity. It felt Iike some kind of magic. 
 
He turned his head sli ghtly to the brown haired wizard and looked at him smiling like a kid, who got his favorite candy. Who are you?, he asked in his mind. 
 
"You're doing well." He pressed gently Ren's hand, that rested in his. People danced and laughed under them, they kept talking and joking with each other. Didn't they noticed the two people in the air floating?
 
Ren looked in the eistance and saw the sweet shop of his brother. The man with the strange hair put Ren on the balcony with a soothing smile.
 
"I will try distracting them. Wait a moment until the situation is clear."
 
"Good." Ren said. He was still not really over with the fact that he's just floated in the air.
 
"You're doing great." The stranger jumps off the balcony with a smile.
 
That's deep man, Ren thought and looked down from the balcony. Gone was the magician and with him Ren's most exciting moment in his short life so far.
 
He sighed and waited for something to happen. What to do now with my life? After such a iting play... maybe to the circus?
 
"What are you doing here Ren?" The boss of Ren's brother noiticed him standing on the big balcony with a small smile on his beautiful face and asked for his doing.
 
"I'm here to see my brother. Can you maybe get him?" The boss nodsded smiling and now Ren was waiting here for his brother to arrive.
 
He was so excited at the moment. The adrenaline was still in his veins and he wanted to jump around like a small kid.
 
He never been this crazy and excited in his life. Now everything can only get better, he thought and looked in the distance, waching the fog in the valleys.
 
__________________________________________________________________________________________________
 
A/N: A short / small start in my story. I hope it was not too disappointing for fans.
       
Please comment if you like it and even if not!
 
*I'm so sorry for my mistakes in this chapter and in the other's that are following! *bows 90 degree*
⇒ I'll try to edit them later on...