First fright

Howl's Moving Castle with some difference

»First fright«

 

 

Ren's P.O.V.


"AAAAHHHHHH!" Someone shouted in the upper floor and we heard running footsteps. The ground shook for a few seconds. Your serious? Was is this?

I looked blankly at the ceiling. Minhyun came running down the stairs. Half covered only with a towel, his hands in tugged on his hair and he looked furiously.

Even though I am a man, that is too much I had to stare at his yness. Not that he actually was but somehow I couldn't take my eyes of him. He really looked pissed over whatever but... what was wrong with me?

"Ren you've touched the shelf in the bathroom!?" He asks me with blond hair. I felt sick. Oh no...

"Look at that, my hair has suddenly a completely different color!" he cried desperately and held it in my face.

"I t-think your hair l-looks g-good." I stuttered. I didn't wanted to annoy him. I felt suddenly really bad. "You look at this! You brought my magic stuff on the shelf confused!"

I had just cleaned. I was a little nervous about his reaction. Wasn't it too much? He still looked good and I found him very attractive with his short hair like that. 

"I haven't touched it! I have just cleaned." I denied weakly and looked at him with wide teary eyes.

"Cleaned? You just cleaned? I said to you that you shouldn't overdo it but look at this! You're a man or not? It's hopeless. This is so humiliating." He said weakly and let himself fall into the armchair for the hearth. 

"Come on it's really not that bad." I tried to cheer him up. My God, he still looked good with blonde hair I said it before. Unusual but good. Suddenly his hair changed his color from blond to purple to orange and then to black and that all right in front of my eyes.

So that was very unexpected. O.o

I heard "hick" noises. He cried because of his hair? I had always had ugly, drity looking blonde hair. I didn't really understand what he felt in the moment. Was good looks everything to him? 

"I think as a man, that your hair is in his own way quite nicely." What should I say otherwise? It was really pretty.

"It's all over now. What has life for a meaning if you're not handsome?" What? Did he mean what he just said?

The floor began to vibrate. It has been dark and slow itgave me the creeps. Strange creatures crawling out of the ground as  if their were shadows, meandered up and down the wall.

"Don't do that Minhyun. Stop it!", cried Kalzifer. Minhyun is doing this? I held my hand in front of my mouth. Shocked and at the same time full of anger because I didn't understood what was going on. 

"He called the spirits of  the darkness. The last time he did that was when he was rejected by a girl.", explained Baehko to me and looked around seriously.

Okay. Last try. Calm down Ren! 

I held out my hand to touch Minhyun arm. Maybe it would calm him down a bit. "So Minhyun now is it enough. You can safely re-color your hair again don't you?" But when I touched his body and felt slime on my hands. I was just exhausted and my anger made himself air.

My feeble mind couldn't take it anymore. I had always been weak. Always chose the easiest way to life and only looking to the front. My God...

I had just touched a human I liked and even now I have slime on my hands. This person calls spirits to himself because he is not as pretty as before and the fire demon Kalzifer is a really damn demon who could speak. It was too much. I went back a few steps, trying to hold my anger.

Baehko looked at me with sad, troubled eyes but he said nothing. It looked like he didn't know what to do next. Like a lost child but I didn't knew it too. It was wrong I was just a child too. What should I knew from life?

"Damn... Minhyun do what ever you like! I wasn't once in my whole life handsome. Nobody ever accepted me like who I was and am. Why are you like this?" 

How a girl I ran out of the house and into the valley of the furrows. It was raining but that didn't bother me much. With as much dignity as I had I stood by the lake and was crying. I had enough of this house, of Minhyun and his moods. I cried for my pain from all these years. I felt how the tears dropped down to the ground and my hicks were really loud.

I heard my high voice clear and I almost sounded like back then. I ignored it, this was all an illusion. Only as the turnip came with an umbrella I looked up and forgot to cry. Where did he get the shield?, was the only think I could think of. 

"Thanks turnip. You really are a dear scarecrow.", and again I talked to him or a she? Is his demonic name even turnip? Why did I bother? How did I come to that name turnip again?

I heard a crying voice behind me. Baekho ran to me and took my arm. He tugged on it and opened his mouth wide to tell me over the rain what was going on.

"Ren, please come back inside! Minhyun goes it terribly bad." He pulled me into house out of the rain. "Minhyun stop it. I'm going out! Rennie please say something quickly!", cried Kalzifer and smiled with relief when he saw me.

I had calmed down by now. A deep breath and I could smile again, sighed a bit. "Always overacting." I said to Minhyun and to myself.

"Is he dead?" Baekho asked. I looked at him briefly. This boy had always the best ideas. "Don't worry. An ordinary outburst has never killed anyone. Baehko help me out here!"

We pushed him along with the chair to the stairs. We both took a shoulder and pulled him up. When we were almost there in the hallway I asked Baehko: "Can you engage the bath water?" Of course he could and he went to do so.

Minhyun was heavy but I could carry him by myself easilie but it was quiet slimy. "Come on, you have you're own legs!" I gasped suddenly at a strange feeling.

I looked back to the lowest step. There was Minhyuns towel. Okay. We are both men. It was nothing big. Not a big deal at all.

I took him into the bathroom. I peeked once who would not? I was a man after all. I left the rest to Baekho and closed the door behind me and saw the slimy trail in front of me with a frown on my face.

"But I had just cleaned!!!"

 

 

It was afternoon and Minhyun was still in bed. Baehko handled the shop and conjured as best as he could.

When I was finished with cleaning I went grandmother-like up to Minhyun's room and knocked on his door. What so-grandmother like was? I had a warm glass of milk with honey in my hands and nearly burned my fingers on it. I knocked again, desperatly wanting to bring it all together.

"I come in now!"; I warned him and did as I said. I found myself once again full in awe.

As I cleaned I opened this room briefly. When I saw the whole crystals and lucky charms I felt quite sick. They moved and some eyes were really moving in place and watched my every move. Some silver and diamaten figures also moved. My feeble mind, I'm just saying. He had even a unicorn in the corner. 

It was creepy, so I didn't clean in here. His big colorful bed was in the middle of the small room.  I watched him and sighed briefly. He was asleep and even so I went to him.

"Here is some warm milk. You should drink it." I didn't expected an answer because I thought he would be asleep but he shook his head and pouted. Yah, when you awake than listen! I just think it would work well on you, I thought.

I ignored his head shaking softly. "I'll go back. Drink it while it's hot."  I looked around once more and turned the doorknob.

"Don't go away Ren!"  Minhyun whispered.

"Do you want milk?" What I had today with the milk? Calm down Ren and he shook his head again.

He takes my amiability simply not to heart. Even if I seem a bit old I still have a young heart and soul. Because of this I sat down on a chair beside his bed and looked at him. He seemed hurt and tierd. Did I do something wrong again? 

One of his wind chimes turned excitedly back and forth. I wonder why it could turn around like this at all. Suddenly it stopped and a bell rang excitedly.

Minhyun opened his eyes and looked at the ceiling. "The Witch of the no man's land is searching of my castle." What? That he had learned only from this wind chime?

Oh, no did he say the witch? "Actually, I've seen at the harbor her servants." I reported.

"You know Ren.... Actually, I'm just a coward. All this junk here are magic charms to keep them away." Even the unicorn?

"I'm nearly broken with fear." He said and turned his head away. He tells me his troubles the first time. I was worried and I wasn't sure  what to answer to make him maybe feel better. Then I remembered something.

"Why has the witch from the no man's land actually on you?" Minhyun just sighed.

"I was once interested in her and I tried to be friends with her. But then I fled. She was really scary." I agree. I seriously knew what he wanted to say with it. 

"And now I've been called to the king because of the war. As Jenkins and as Pentragon." 

"Tell me how many names do you have?" He had to laugh at this question. "A lot but I have to live with so many names to have some freedom."

"Can't you refused the king?" I asked from curiosity.

"Look at that!" Minhyun pointing to a dartboard, nailed with daggers and darts. A sheet of paper was on it. It looked old but new at the same time.

"This is the vow that I have done when I entered the Academy of Magicians."

Ah... I thought it would be something really bad. "How about you visit the king!" I suggested. "Huh?" was his replay.

"It's best to say to him: 'You must end this sensless war. I will not help you to win it.' " In my best voice I said that and he only sighed. It was funny damn it! Laugh at my humor a bit here!

"You know Rennie... You don't know these people." Sure I didn't, what was he thinking?

"Huh? But he's the king and a king has to think about his folk right?" I said as I thought about my sarcasm. 

"I GOT IT!", shouted Minhyun happily all of the sudden and swinged up from the pillows he laid on. W

ow take it easy with the young horses, boy.

"Ren you could go in my place!"

"Huh? I?" I pointed at me, startled.

"You could go as Pentragons father. Tell the king simply that your son is a no-good and good for nothing man. Maybe then also madam Sulli at least gives up." He was so excited that he now first deep breathed.

"Madam Sulli?" What's this for a name? Wait a minute....  

I should play his father?  I feel much older then before.

 

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N:

The upload is a bit late, I don't have much time because of school and my other fics.

If you want look at them too? Maybe you like them. ^_^

Thx for subscribing! <3

Hope you have been curious and it's not to boring... =3