Lively

Howl's Moving Castle with some difference

* I'm not good with endings and this is my first story I end. So it's a bit awkward... gosh I don't need to 
   explain myself, just read and find out what happened after.

* Sorry for the grammatic errors! ^^'

____________________________________________________________

»Lively«

 

It felt as if he fell but at the same time he flet like he was flying. Soon the endless darkness disappered and he saw clouds and under him was the big ocean. Was that all real?

Minhoo fell with him but started after a certain time moving his paws as if he'd just run in the air. Just as Minhyun had shown me, thought Ren and began to do the same thing as the smart dog.

He ran back and saw the same blackness that had first brought him to the water mill. He felt tears in his eyes again. He tried to process what he had just experienced. It was difficult for him to understand and at the same time to believe it. Ren rubbed his eyes as he walked after the dog. Minhoo sneezed and turned around.

"I know Minhoo. I must continue to run but I cannot stop crying." said Ren unnecessarily.

After some time appeared the wooden door in front of them, it was still open and revealed the dark canyon behind it. Ren stepped out of the darkness and rubbed the last tears from his now wet cheeks.

He froze when he looked up and saw a giant creature in front of him, covered with feathers, dark and breathing heavily. Ren trembled a little as he approached Minhyun and tilted his head to the side to see the once handsome young man better.

Ren was worried when he saw blood dripping down but tired to act self-confident for him and Minhyun. 

"Minhyun?" he asked, gently pushed away a few feathers, where he suspected to be his face. He was still beautiful, even if some blood and a few scratches in his face, he was still Ren's Minhyun.

"Please forgive me that I have taken so long. I know you've been waiting the whole time for me." A single tear went down his cheeks as he leaned forward and kissed him gently on the lips .Minhyun, the half bird just looked straight forward, almost emotionless but Ren knew he struggled with himself. The pain he must feel in the moment is probably unbearable and breathtaking.

"Minhyun-ah? I want you to please bring to Kalzifer." Ren said determining and wasn't particularly surprised when Minhyun moved his bird body. He stood on one of  his large bird claws and tried not to notice that, the other claw was missing.

Minhoo jumped on the same leg and Minhyun got into motion. They flew towards the sunrise and Ren sighed. At last he knew what he had to do now, at leat he knew what happened in the past and how Kalzifer got to Minhyun in the first place. He had to help Minhyun somehow and he hoped he also knew how. The war had to be resolved somehow too, maybe they should talk to Sulli and the King again. There must be a solution too.

Minhyun flew fast and soon they saw a part of the castle, still moving. JR, the Scarecrow stood upright on the wooden floor, the old witch and Baekho laid curled on the ground. Hopefully they weren't hurt. 

The moving wooden floor was very close to another canyon and Ren wasn't sure whether Minhyun could land there but he let Minhyun lead and trusted into his beloved magician. Minhyun seemed to be weakening with every wing beat.

JR seemed to be the first to notice them and hopped on the other side of the platform to give the three of them some space to land. Baekho seemed to notice something and looked up into the sky. Ren and Minhyun landed on the platform in the moment as Baekho stood up and stared at them with wide eyes. Surprised, shocked and happy at the same time that Ren was still alive.

Ren left from Minhyuns claw and turned around, he wanted to say something but had to watch Minhyun tipping over. He landed hard on the ground, so that it was vibrating heavily. His feathers seemed dissolve itself and were carried away by the wind, the only thing that was left was Minhyuns body. He was wearing torn clothes but at least Ren couldn't see any sigh of deep wounds.

Ren knelt down and turned him gently around so that he was lying on his back, he gently brushed his hair out of his face and stared for a few seconds.

"Is he dead?" Baekho beside him asked in a trembling voice.

"No, everything's fine." Ren said, and stood up. He went to the former witch, and knelt down in front of her again. His expression was soft but seriously. The sparkling blue something in the hands of the witch was Kalzifer and Minhyun's heart. Ren had to get it back somehow. He had to give it too Minhyun and save him.

The witch seemed to know what he was planning and turned away from him, pressing the  weakly beating heart on her own . "Grandmother?", Ren asked, holding his one hand to her.

"I know of nothing and I have nothing." She said sturborn and looked at the floor. Ren sighed deep and embraced the witch desperately. What should he do? He couldn't tear the heart out of her hands, what if it fell or broke?

"Please..." He pleaded with new tears in his eyes. He turned into such a crybaby.

He pressed the withc closer to his flat chest and breathed in her scent and cosiness. The old woman was almost like a family member for him without her he would have never met Minhyun in person, without her he would never have come so far in his life and without her he still wouldn't understand what true love means.

"Please, grandmother." He said now trustworthy. He trusted the old woman, she would give in and help him. She was not as heartless as she was once.

"Do you want it so much?" The former witch then asked gently but with a weak voice.

"Yes." said Ren and hugged the witch harder. "Then I give it to you but at first get off me I can't breath kid." The witch said, almost ülayfully and Ren let her go. They looked at each other eyes for a while, without saying another word. "Take good care of it, ne?"

"Sure."

"Well, here take it." The witch nodded and put the warm, sparkling blue heart in Ren's hands.

Ren didn't feel disgust when he held the heart in his hands. No, he was happy to be able to hold something this precious in his hands and he hoped that he would return it to Minhyun safety. "Thank you, grandmother." said Ren and kissed the former witch on her pale cheek. He smiled at her and stood up carefully.

The witch began to smile and rubbed her eyes as she watched the young beautiful man. He went over to the unconscious magician with his heart in his small hands. It was hard to let go. She had been waiting for years to hold a young heart in her hands and make it hers and only hers. She whimpered slightly and closed her eyes, calm down, it was the right decision.

Ren knelt down beside Minhyu and across from Baekho  and Minhoo. He questioned himself whether Kalzifer was still there or not. What if he isnt' anymore? Minhyun would die or was he already dead? Doubt came over Ren but he had to try.

"Kalzifer?" he asked quietly, waiting for response. "Ren," said a small voice and Ren felt great relief. The demon was still there and looked at him exhausted. "I'm tired." He said with a faint smile.

"Kalzifer... If I give Minhyun his heart back now, are you going to die?" asked Ren the demon seriously. The demon was a great friend of his, he had helped him a lot and had cheered him on if he felt down. Kalzifer was a great and unexpected nice demon.

"If you do it Ren maybe  everything is going to be alright." said Kalzifer. He wasn't sure himself, but hoped that it would be true.

"You know, even though you have showered me with water, I and Minyhun are both still alive. This must mean something."

"Then I'll try it." Ren said firmly. He closed his eyes and focused on the little something in his hands. "It's so warm and it flutters like a little bird."

"It's still the heart of a little boy." The demon said softly, preparing himself at what Ren would do next. "Kalzifer may you live a thousand years and may Minyhun get his heart back." prayed Ren and stared at the handsome man next to him. Without thinking about it he put Kalzifer on Minhuns chest and pressed the glowing heart right in there. It disappeared into his chest. and Ren hold his breath for a couple seconds. 

Suddenly appeared twinkling lights and a strange but familiar glow. The shooting stars sparkled so beautiful and bright as this light. "I am free," said a familiar voice and Ren smiled.

Kalzifer jumped into his original form up and down before he swinging himself up and disappeared into the blue sky. He seemed to be happy and that he had survived meant that Minhyun would wake up soon. Ren looked at the after the demon who left the small group called family.

"He's moving, he's alive!" yelled Baekho and brought Ren back to the present. The young male looked down and heard Minhyun moan. The latter moved slightly back and forth with his head.

The peacefulness and joy was soon disturbed as the the still moving platform tilted to the side, and towards the abyss. The legs suddenly gave away.

"Kalzifer's spell is broken," exclaimed Baekho the obvious and held on to Ren.

"Oh my God." All screamed at the same time as the platform was sliding down the sloping hill and no end was to see. It rumbled a lot and the whole wood trembled under them. Ren shielded Minhyun's body with his own and pressed him down on the woodenfloor, not wanting him to get hurt anymore or that he would slide down the moving platform. Baekho was above him protectively.

It was steep and it felt as if they would fall at any moment, in the endless deep. Again. 

The floorboards were vibrating so much and it felt as if they would break apart any moment. Baekho looked up and wished not to have done so. He saw another rock before them and had the feeling that it would be the end of the mountain and they would fall soon if they reached the rock. Baekho tried to find a solution but was soon interrupted as he watched JR jump in front of the board. He tried to stop the platform with his wooden stick.

Just before they reached the rock they stoped, thank to the scarecrow. JR's stick was almost completely broken and thin. They all breathed and laughed lightly at their situation. Having escapedfrom death, they thought as the wooden panel gave away.

"Holy !", screamed Ren out loud as he felt the wooden panel move again.

God had to play with their minds because they landed on a large rocky outcrop and were still in safety. Nervous and exhausted all people on the plantform breathed deep in and out, trying to understand what just had happened.

"What was with that?", asked Ren himself. He looked up from Minhyuns chest, where he was lying at and looked around if everyone was alright.

He gasped as he saw his 'new demon friend lying above Baekho. His stick was now completely ruined and he seemed not to move an inch like he had done earlier the day. Ren stretched out his thin hands and grabbed the scarecrow carefully. He looked around and saw that everyone was trying to wake up  out of their paralysis.

Ren held JR in his arms and looked down at him. He had grown attracted to the scarecrow even if the demon coudln't talk back to him like Kalzifer had. But he had helped him a lot, like the witch he was there and helped him finding the castle and so much more. He was a luckycharm even now had he helped them to survive.

One tear escaped Ren's eye and he sighed at his behavior. He really had to stop crying over little things. Now he could help JR, just find a god damnit new stick for him Ren!, he scolded himself and gave a small smile to the turnip head.

"JR? Everything is good right. We'll just find a new stick for you a even better stick," he said to him.

"Thanks JR. Thank you." Ren whispered, kissing the top of JR's turnip head out of pure gratitude.

The really only thing, Ren didn't expected was that the scarecrow suddenly moved in his arms violently. He shaked and his black and grey clothes exploded in thiny pieces.  His eyes widened and his mouth opened itself without Ren's noticed as he saw a beautiful, young man with blackish hair in front of him smirking. 

He was dressed in expensive clothes, a red hat and a black coat. "Thank you, Ren." he said, bowing elegantly at the same time.

Ren could just stare at him with wide unbelieving eyes. Whas that a bad joke? Had all beings that  Ren meet so far something to do with magic? Could one day include even more surprises than this one? Ren didn't understand the wohle word for a few seconds. He was to confused  and full of questions.

Maybe this boy in front of him was a magician just like Minhyun and wanted to have some fun by confusing poor people? This is so crazy Ren, stop thinking about unnecessary stuff. He is going to tell you anyway why he is here, just look at his cheeky smirk.

Ren stared at the slanting grinning boys and shook his head. "That's so freaking creepy." he muttered to himself. The onetime scarecrow laughed and bent his upper body once more, holding his stomache as he saw Ren's digusted and puzzled face.

Ren pouted and caressed Minhyun's chest slightly. The latter wasn't awake but breathed relaxed in and out, one thing that gave Ren hope that he would wakre up any time soon and distracted himself from the silly boy in front of him.

Baekho stared at the laughing boy as well, with a serious expression on his face. Was he laughing at his beloved Ren? How could he dare to in -

"I am sorry for my behavior but I didn't laughed for a few month.", the still laughing boy wiped a few tears from his eye angles away and breathed deep in, to calm down. Why did he laugh in the first place?

"Let me introduce myself first. I'm the prince of the neighboring country, delighted my name is Jonghyun or better known as JR. He bowed again with a now small smile on his attractive face. To be honest Ren thought that he was very formal and polite. No wonder that he was nobleman.

"I am really grateful Ren, that you cured me." The king's son winked at Ren and laughed as the blond boy looked shocked back at him. 

"It was a curse that would turn me into a scarecrow. Only with the- ... "

"...kiss of love can the cruse be broken." interrupted him the old witch lovesick. She stared at him as if he were a tasty delicacy.

Jongyhun ignored the interruption and simply nodded  at what the older woman had said. The former witch smiled brightly.  "So it is. When Ren didn't helped me, I would have died." said the prince with a exaggerated gesture.

So slowly the guy goes to my nervs, thought Ren and twisted his young face to the side, to not have to look at JR's silly expression. If he watched the boy more he would have to laugh.

The old witch sighed heavily in love and clapped her hands as JR did something silly again. Ren refocused on Minhyun when he felt a hand on his own and smiled brightly as he saw Minhyun eyebrow narrowed.

Minhyun opened his brown eyes and looked up at him with a sleepy expression on his beautiful face. Most of the scratches were healed, what was pretty impossible but Ren just saw a pretty face with no scars.

"Please don't be so loud! What about this awful noise?" Minhyun asked, trying to be serious. "Urg. This is awful, my body feels like a rock." Minhyun said with a heavy sigh and dropped again to the wooden floor.

Ren smiled broadly and kissed Minhyun's lips gently. "Yes Minhyun, a heart is heavy." He giggled like a girl and hugged the boy under him.

"You're so beautiful." Minhyun whispered in his ear and had to smile as Ren kissed his neck. "I love you Minyhun. Oh, I'm so happy." Ren pressed the poor Minhyun against his chest and squezzed almost all air out of his lungs.

"Stop Rennie! I can't breathe!" Minhyun gasped slightly and Ren let him go with a worried expression on his now finally old self.

Minhyun laughed and kissed Ren passionately back, holding him tight onto his lap. "I have waited for you so long." he whispered at Ren's red lips and kissed him once again.

"Oh..." said Baekho and watched everything with big, curious eyes. "Stop staring!", scolded him the former witch and pulled the blonde away from the two lovebirds.

"You can understand how Ren feels, right? Return to you're own kingdom and end this horrible war." said the witch to Jongyhun with a wise tone in her voice as if she knew everything in the world and what might happen if he didn't did what she said.

The prince stared at the kissing couple with a sad smile on his lips. He thought about his best friend and sighed deep. Maybe he had to go back and explain a few things, his parents wouldn't be happy but he had to tell them, it wasn't right to keep it a secret from them. His mother knew anyway about what he felt.

"I will do so immediately. This war was started because of the wrong reasons. I will thank you properly the next time we meet." JR said finally ready to change a few things in his country.

The two lovebirds heard what he just said and stood up from the floor. They smiled at him and Ren nodded.

"I hope everything is going to be alright. You're parents are certainly worried about you." He stepped closer to JR and hugged him tightly. Even if JR was a jerk at some points he helped Ren a lot and was a new friend of his.  

JR was surprised at Ren's sudden action but let himself get hugged by another warm body. He hugged the fragile boy back and smiled into his neck. It was a nice feeling to have someone care about you. He smiled at Minhyun as he saw him watching them embrace each other.

He smirked cunningly and winked at the taller boy as he his own lips. Minhyuns face turned into confusion to angry and he pulled Ren out of JR's tight grip.

"Uch!", yelled Ren and slapped Minhyuns hands away that were now around his waist. "What's wrong with you?", he asked and turned around.

The couple fighted with each other as JR said his goodbyes to the others and turned to leave. He had a long way to go. "Have a save trip!", yelled the new formed couple after him and JR turned around once more to see them waving with silly grins on their faces. 

JR laughed at the peaceful sight. Ren in Minhyun's arms, that were protectively around the fragile boys waist, his head on Ren's shoulder.

Jonghyun waved one last time and went ahead of his maybe freedom.

 

 

Some time later they all sat down on a hill and looked around. No one really knew were they were exactly and didn't bother to find out either. They joked with each other and Minhyun told them funny stories about his past life and what he wanted to do now that he wasn't a magician anymore.  

Baekho talking excitedly with his best friend and interrupted him if he said something wrong. He played with the dog, Minhoo and listened to the witch if the couple beside him was in their own world.

 It was peaceful and nobody wanted to destroy the new won happiness. 

"Look! There's Kalzifer." cried someone out and the couple looked to a joyful Baekho, who pointed to a flying and sparkling something that directly came in their direction.

Ren stood hurriedly up and streched his hand out, so that the fire could land on something. And for real it was the little firedemon with a sheepishly grin on his 'face'.

Ren smiled brightly and turned around to Minhyun who looked as surprised as Ren felt.

"You didn't needed to come back, did you?", asked Minhyun relieved that his old friend and partner was with them again. He smiled at the demon and put one of his arms around Ren's petite shoulders and kissed his cheek lovely.

"I want to be together with you all and also there will be rain today." The demon said, slightly confused but happy for the two new lovers.

Ren's cheeks reddened as he felt Minhyun's soft lips on his skin, he smiled at the demon as he gratefully said: "Thank you for everything Kalzifer!"

 

 

 

As time passed the kingdoms seemed to call their warships back. The kings annonced that the war would stop and that the north kingdoms son has returned. The noble family from the north country apologized and promised to help the neigboring country to organize again.

The people were now confident again and began to trust the one peaceful king again. A lot of people returned to their once home town back. Life in the town and throughout south realm  was peaceful and returned to what it once was.

Ren and Minhyun lived happily together with Kalzifer, Baekho, Minhoo and the former witch in her new palace and said goodbye to the south kingdom for a while. They began to travel around the world with their now flying castle.

Still in love even now.

 

 

The end.

 

 

► flying castle I'll tell you! O.o